ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   www.NESF.co.uk (North East Subaru Forum) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/828991-www-nesf-co-uk-north-east-subaru-forum.html)

jonny gav 22 April 2010 05:10 PM

www.NESF.co.uk (North East Subaru Forum)

Just a quick one to let everyone know about the new Subaru enthusiasts forum for the North East of England (NESF).

Our new forum is free to join and free to advertise in the "wanted" and "for sale" sections, everyone is welcome to join, we have a very friendly forum with a relaxed Admin and moderator team.

Join us at www.NESF.co.uk

We have 2 meets a month (1st and 3rd Tuesday night) so if you own a Subaru and enjoy a good laugh and a bit banter get yourself along :)

Jonny :cool:

SLAM STI 22 April 2010 05:58 PM

Cracking site you have their mate nice one :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

The Dogs B******s 22 April 2010 08:01 PM

Where do you meet???

jonny gav 22 April 2010 09:04 PM

Hello Dogs, we meet at the Newton grange pub in Durham

post code- DH1 5SA

alanbell 22 April 2010 10:42 PM

Looks good Jonny, Better than the other tt site ,

DJ_Jon 23 April 2010 12:38 PM

Why the new site, wasn't TTS the main NE scooby site?

mickymarwood 23 April 2010 03:32 PM

It was but the guys on here are a better bunch good crack and very helpful!!!!!:luxhello::luxhello:

DJ_Jon 23 April 2010 04:57 PM

Was there some sort of falling out over paid subs, seems to be a big emphasis on this site being free. More the merrier I say :thumb:

jukebox 23 April 2010 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 9360545)

I think TTS is more money based now, wanting £10 membership just to use the site in full.

The Dogs B******s 23 April 2010 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by jonny gav (Post 9359730)
Hello Dogs, we meet at the Newton grange pub in Durham

post code- DH1 5SA

Probably a touch to far for me,but saying that,i do go on the Liverpool tunnel runs which is 100miles away

jonny gav 23 April 2010 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by alanbell (Post 9359970)
Looks good Jonny, Better than the other tt site ,

Thanks very much Alan :thumb:

jonny gav 23 April 2010 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 9361433)
Probably a touch to far for me,but saying that,i do go on the Liverpool tunnel runs which is 100miles away

:D get yourself a ride up, it will only cost you around £100 in fuel :eek: :lol1:

mickywrx 23 April 2010 10:45 PM

Best wishes for it Jonny. :thumb:

stevebt 24 April 2010 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 9360545)

Too much moderation on the other forum where as NEFS is more informal :)

Jamz_ 24 April 2010 09:40 PM

Meh

webbo34 25 April 2010 03:59 PM

Hi their im a mate of the dogs b******s. We said we might come along! if that's ok ? What time do you meet and do have a post code ? thanks :thumb:

SCOOBY13.5 25 April 2010 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by webbo34 (Post 9363624)
Hi their im a mate of the dogs b******s. We said we might come along! if that's ok ? What time do you meet and do have a post code ? thanks :thumb:

Webbo,

Pubs website where we meet. http://www.newtongrangepub.co.uk/

We meet up about 7ish. And i can vouch for the meals! :D

Steve:thumb:

yellowperil 25 April 2010 07:00 PM

more the merrier mate. As 2 steak steve says, the meals are great there too.

jonny gav 25 April 2010 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by webbo34 (Post 9363624)

You two are more than welcome and as said its worth the trip up for the food alone :D

post code- DH1 5SA

SCOOBY13.5 26 April 2010 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by yellowperil (Post 9363951)
more the merrier mate. As 2 steak steve says, the meals are great there too.

Its not my fault you can get 2 steak meals for £12 and no one wants to share! :top:

lil_me 26 April 2010 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by SCOOBY13.5 (Post 9365573)
Its not my fault you can get 2 steak meals for £12 and no one wants to share! :top:

That's because no-one gets the chance :lol1::lol1:

divvydodgepot 27 April 2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz_ (Post 9362746)
Meh

fcuk it-edited-this aint worth the shyte it causes, as for representing the website, 'meh' springs to mind

Jamz_ 27 April 2010 07:20 PM

LMAO... well thanks for making me feel welcome to NESF, good way to represent the website is methinks.

MICAWRX 27 April 2010 07:33 PM

Why is it that some local groups have this problem?
Was wondering whether to join nesf or tts...
Confused now as one has some strange characters that need to log on as someone else to have a go and the other has a sedgefield sausage hound...
Decisions decisions.... :)

lil_me 27 April 2010 09:44 PM

Everywhere has quirky members :Suspiciou I'd always just say join both and decide for yourself. If you can't cope with slightly quirky members and crying with laughter at some of the antics they get up to....NESF might not be the place for you. If you enjoy good fun mixed with a little 'scooby nerdyness' to make up a new phrase, then NESF is where you need to be :thumb: What stands out the most at the NESF events and meets is there is no 'little groups', clicks or whatever you want to call them....everyone talks to each other, everyone gets on and especially in the pub this can cause chaos as people swap seats so much to talk to people but I think we've all been to other events where this is not the case and it doesn't feel comfortable at all.

webbo, there are many events arranged with more planned/being discussed in addition to the twice monthly meets which might be easier for you to access as they are usually on a weekend. They are all in the events section of the forum including several in May.

Jamz, unfortunately you have made many comments towards members (usually after locking their post) on TTS, so I am doubtful you could or would have expected to be welcomed anywhere else with open arms. You reap what you sow. You posted to provoke members of NESF who you have already annoyed, simples....

Jamz_ 27 April 2010 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by lil_me (Post 9367930)
Jamz, unfortunately you have made many comments towards members (usually after locking their post) on TTS, so I am doubtful you could or would have expected to be welcomed anywhere else with open arms. You reap what you sow. You posted to provoke members of NESF who you have already annoyed, simples....

TBF ive not made any comments about any members, and ive not really locked any threads on tts with reguards to NESF. TBF i have/had nothing against either club/members of either, everyone's been helpful even you were helpful to me lil_me sending me an email about something i needed to know, and I was thankful for that.

I didn't come on here to provoke anything really, I've always been on here, and to be honest, i spend most of my time on here.

I think some people are getting the wrong end of the stick with me, I'm not a nasty person, just want to help out... I think you kinda see that lil_me... I haven't said a bad word about anyone here, no swearing no nothing.

Looking back at it, i shouldnt have posted the "Meh" comment...

I'll just leave it as that, I don't want to upset anyone, as everyone in both clubs are helpful and I have nothing against anyone on here/nefs/tts.

Jamz_ 27 April 2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by MICAWRX (Post 9367540)
Sedgefield sausage hound...

Little confused :wonder:

webbo34 28 April 2010 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by SCOOBY13.5 (Post 9363738)
Webbo,

Pubs website where we meet. http://www.newtongrangepub.co.uk/

We meet up about 7ish. And i can vouch for the meals! :D

Steve:thumb:

hi their cheers for the link ! We are about 1hr&20 mims drive (according to google maps) I would like to meet up with you all !!! I'll have a word with dogs b******s and get back intouch,,,,,,,, thanks :thumb:

MICAWRX 28 April 2010 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jamz_ (Post 9368034)
Little confused :wonder:

Incognito poster edited his abusive post to an alternative abusive post... change of heart maybe???

jonny gav 03 May 2010 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by webbo34 (Post 9368266)
hi their cheers for the link ! We are about 1hr&20 mims drive (according to google maps) I would like to meet up with you all !!! I'll have a word with dogs b******s and get back intouch,,,,,,,, thanks :thumb:

Hope to see you tomorrow night mate, you will recognise me, I am the one that looks like the stig ;)