ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Last time I help anyone out (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/827749-last-time-i-help-anyone-out.html)

JonMc 15 April 2010 10:26 AM

Last time I help anyone out

In the past I've made up a few looms to allow the easy fitment of bugeye STI lights onto a WRX. My deal is quite simple - cover my costs (approx £15 incl recorded delivery) and if you want to add anything else it's up to you.

I can provide a list of people who have always come up trumps, and I usually provide the good and let them pay once they are happy that what I have made is to their satisfaction.

Last one I did, the guy is still coming on here, I can see when he is around from his public profile, but he is now ignoring my PMs regarding my costs. He has the loom, he has admitted as much, but claims he doesn't need to use it because he's sorted the wiring but will keep it anyway.

I am not actually out of pocket because others have offset the cost of a beer or two on the way with their own contribution, but it is the principle that annoys me.

cookstar 15 April 2010 10:33 AM

It's a shame to let one bad egg spoil it for others. :(

mr_D 15 April 2010 10:34 AM

name and shame. thats not something that needs to be tolerated and its people like that, that make the rest of us look bad.

i would feel the same way :thumb:

JonMc 15 April 2010 10:55 AM

I've prompted him again and will give him one last chance, but if you really wanted to know it would not be difficult to find him in a public profile somewhere;)

LeeP 15 April 2010 10:58 AM

Poor do indeed :(

Didn't take much finding :nono:

Maz 15 April 2010 11:16 AM

Name and shame! A gentleman's word used to be his bond at one time.

SwissTony 15 April 2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 9346757)
Name and shame! A gentleman's word used to be his bond at one time.

Totally agree with Maz, it used to be that you could trust people but now it is all take take take.

name and shame I say

MrNoisy 15 April 2010 11:31 AM

Sorry to hear that Jon - doesn't the said ungrateful wretch realise that to buy these from Canada (like I did before I heard of your wiring talents!) cost about £40?
At £15 he's robbing you!

mr_D 15 April 2010 11:33 AM

i was trusted not so long ago where someone (not sure of username) sent me an item and i was to pay fro it once i received it. needless to say the moment the product arrived i paypal'd the money over. that was trust and both parties we happy. doesnt seem like anyone can do that anymore.

kingofturds 15 April 2010 11:47 AM

Sadly I would never sell or buy anything off anyone who has been a member less than a month on any forum anymore.
I was nearly had on another forum before Christmas, fortunately before parting with my cash I checked the sellers previous posts and found a lot of disgruntled people waiting for goods to turn up.

mr_D 15 April 2010 11:49 AM

i do that all the time now. a quick name search and even do this for companies.

JonMc 15 April 2010 11:54 AM

It is just a shame that after half a dozen good experiences where I was able to help people out, and trust their integrity, when it comes to someone who is a quite desperate sounding that I help out he bends me over. I wouldn't mind, but I was off work trying to sort my own car out at the time having been sold a direct fit sport cat that was 18" too long to go on:mad:

There is a complete lack of trust and respect developing in the population today, I shall reserve my assistance for the old school who I know will appreciate it:thumb:

TingTongPJ 15 April 2010 11:58 AM

i would say name the person please so it does not happen to anyone else.

this is one of the reasons the for sale section got in such a mess.

perhaps if he realises know-one will deal with him any more he will do the right thing.

hope you get it resolved, i always go out of my way to help people as others opinions of myself are really important to me, it's nothing special just being a decent person which seems to be getting rearer these days.

TingTongPJ 15 April 2010 11:58 AM

ATTN ADMIN

sort this site please

double posts now !

Myles 15 April 2010 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by TingTongPJ (Post 9346830)
i would say name the person please so it does not happen to anyone else.

this is one of the reasons the for sale section got in such a mess.

perhaps if he realises know-one will deal with him any more he will do the right thing.

hope you get it resolved, i always go out of my way to help people as others opinions of myself are really important to me, it's nothing special just being a decent person which seems to be getting rearer these days.

Why would you say it twice?:thumb:

Seriously though (I seem to say that too much on here), whether its a few quid, a few hundred quid, buying something which doesnt fit and not being satisfied with the outcome or whatever, dishonesty is dishonesty and a lack of integrity can overlap into other facets of life. Therefore when these people have been given a chance to save some dignity by coming through with an amicable result, they should be named and SHAMED.
I have been lucky when buying the parts to get me to 330bhp, in that everyone who I have bought from have communicated well, and the parts have come through in good time and good condition as stated. If I get shafted though, the perpetrator will be named and the name will remain in my signature block for all to see and be warned of.

Jekyl 15 April 2010 12:07 PM

Only ever seem to hear about bad experiences between buyers & sellers which makes me that tad more careful to the point that i feel safer buying from a shop via my card. Shame to see this post though as clearly you have put yourself out more than once & to return such a good act should be a priority regardless how small the exchange was. I personally would name the person to alert anyone else who may be approached if you don't hear anything in good time.

Dedrater 15 April 2010 12:08 PM

I am pretty sure I have sent something to this guy as well, I didn't want any sort of payment, but a thank you would of been appreciated

dunx 15 April 2010 12:36 PM

Tell him to return it, rudy cheapskate....

dunx

JonMc 15 April 2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 9346890)
Tell him to return it, rudy cheapskate....

dunx

This is my last PM to him:thumb:

Originally Posted by JonMc

Originally Posted by kieran######t
Hi jon, it arrived all and well mate - in the mean time we managed to fit the lights and are working all well. I am still going to keep the loom, just incase I have problems with lights in the future. I will get my missus to make payments today jon. :)

Kieran, have you been able to sort out covering my costs yet, if not please feel free to return the loom along with a couple of quid to cover my postage costs and I can help someone else out instead.

Jon

BTW - his PM promising payment (again) was sent on Monday:mad:

Thankfully, I keep all correspondence until a transaction has reached it's conclusion. It would be a shame to go to court over £15:idea:

JackClark 15 April 2010 12:46 PM

Bloody shame you weren't around back in 2001 when I put my STi lights in, I'd have given you £50 and still walked away thinking I'd had one over on you. I butchered my wiring - sorry person who bought it.

JonMc 15 April 2010 04:56 PM

Hmmm:wonder:

I've had a completely random £25 paid into my paypal account this afternoon, no PMs, subject 'you've got funds'. Maybe he just needed some extra prompting:Suspiciou

Kieran_Burns 15 April 2010 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 9346900)
This is my last PM to him:thumb:

BTW - his PM promising payment (again) was sent on Monday:mad:

Thankfully, I keep all correspondence until a transaction has reached it's conclusion. It would be a shame to go to court over £15:idea:

just for reference - I ain't got no lights :D

Damn' this common name ;)

jods 15 April 2010 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 9347439)
just for reference - I ain't got no lights :D

Damn' this common name ;)

Yeap Kieran IS a common name isn't it! It's as common as trees in a really really big wood!

;)

On an entirely unrelated matter, I'm sick of be discriminated against as a smoker - Is there a group out there that I can join?