ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Women Comedians (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/824679-women-comedians.html)

Jamz3k 28 March 2010 10:22 PM

Women Comedians

Well since i'm racist, sectarian and homophobic, I may as well add sexist to my bow.

I cannot stand women standup comedians etc. I actually find it embarrassing to watch as its so bad and cringeworthy. Watching a woman do a comedy act is as vulgar to me as hearing one fart and acting the lad about it.

The Dogs B******s 28 March 2010 10:23 PM

I could agree with that

corradoboy 28 March 2010 10:52 PM

Wimmins aren't funny, end of ! Except Rita Rudner √

beef-on-the-bone 28 March 2010 11:18 PM

yeah, not that many that i could watch do a whole show, but quite like em on the panel shows like mock the week, argumental etc

paulwrxboro 28 March 2010 11:31 PM

argumental , gets right on my t1ts

Lee247 28 March 2010 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9314767)
Well since i'm racist, sectarian and homophobic, I may as well add sexist to my bow.

I cannot stand women standup comedians etc. I actually find it embarrassing to watch as its so bad and cringeworthy. Watching a woman do a comedy act is as vulgar to me as hearing one fart and acting the lad about it.

Is that because they usually rip the pi$$ out of blokes :lol1:

I quite like Jo Brand. Ugly as sin but funny as :thumb:

Mifo 29 March 2010 12:00 AM

its funny this,I was just thinking the other day that nearly all female comedians are rubbish.:wonder:
I dont know why but women arent good at this profession.

Jamz3k 29 March 2010 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9314976)
Is that because they usually rip the pi$$ out of blokes :lol1:

Jo Brand is an exception to the rule, she's generally quite good although me thinks she is just John Sergeant in a frock!:Suspiciou

corradoboy 29 March 2010 12:03 AM

Because in general, they don't know how to relax and just laugh at the world. They take things too seriously, especially us men, and spend a lifetime practising being moaning miserable biatches.

Lee247 29 March 2010 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9314984)
Jo Brand is an exception to the rule, she's generally quite good although me thinks she is just John Sergeant in a frock!:Suspiciou

:lol1::lol1: Nice one

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9314985)
Because in general, they don't know how to relax and just laugh at the world. They take things too seriously, especially us men, and spend a lifetime practising being moaning miserable biatches.

You need a new woman. We are not all the same :thumb:

corradoboy 29 March 2010 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9314987)
You need a new woman. We are not all the same :thumb:

Do you know of any going cheap ? I'd like to test-drive as many as possible before deciding !

Lee247 29 March 2010 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9314993)
Do you know of any going cheap ? I'd like to test-drive as many as possible before deciding !

:lol1:
I'm too old for you, but will put the word out to the gals :thumb:

james04 29 March 2010 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9314855)
Wimmins aren't funny, end of ! Except Rita Rudner √

i saw her in las vegas really good.

corradoboy 29 March 2010 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9315005)
:lol1:
I'm too old for you, but will put the word out to the gals :thumb:

If you forewarn them I've no chance :(

Leslie 29 March 2010 11:36 AM

There have been some very good ones, the thought of any kind of physical contact with Jo Brand makes me feel ill!

Les

J4CKO 29 March 2010 12:44 PM

Funny women are few and far between I reckon, they usually get jokes but cant seem to make them, shame as its a very attractive trait, ok, Jo Brand is a minger of the highest order but I would much rather spend an evening in her company than Jordan or some other pointless bint like that.

There are a few funny women, who arent/werent total Swamp Donkey's,

Caroline Aherne
Arrabella Wier
Jan Ravens
Ronni Ancona
Sarah Silverman
Catherine Tate
Jennifer Saunders

However, being funny isnt always a guarantee that they are in person.

Do you ever think though, why arent women generally funny, is it because they have to spend all their time worrying about blokes and kids ?

darts_aint_sport 29 March 2010 12:53 PM

Jane Lynch is the only woman comedian/actress I find genuinely funny.

urban 29 March 2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9314976)

No way - I don't find her the slightest bit funny.

StickyMicky 29 March 2010 02:23 PM

I quite like the look of this one

http://stuffqueerpeopleneedtoknow.fi...ilverman-2.jpg

Is she a bean flicker?

Hysteria1983 29 March 2010 03:04 PM

I'd say the opposite, I don't think many male comics are that funny either, but I do like people like Chris Rock, however I think he is funny for all the wrong reasons.

Men just don't 'get' female comics because they don't understand half of the sarcasm and hidden meanings and the between the line humor.

The same goes for women, they just don't appreciate hearing for the 1000th time how my missus only puts out if bla bla and other sexist remarks that are just a pointless waste of time to watch.

I went to see Jimmy Carr not so long ago, and as much as he was a little funny, I spent more time tutting, feeling slightly uncomfortable and a little ashamed at the fact that myself and others found even some of his jokes funny.
I felt similar when I went to see Chubby Brown.

When it comes to females, I hate all the ones that moan about men and get all feminist soapbox about things, but I don't mind people like Jenifer Saunders and Dawn French, or a bit of Little Miss Jocelynne.

I feel that comedy is a very grey area, and that personal taste is a big reflection on what people think and like about different comics.

Personally I can take most of it, and have a chuckle, I am far from a prude, but I think some men tend to dance on that invisible line where and go a bit OTT, and people like Jimmy Carr regularly overstep it.

wayne9t9 29 March 2010 03:09 PM

Separated at birth?

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpr...3376015916.jpg

Lee247 29 March 2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by wayne9t9 (Post 9315734)

Uncanny :lol1::lol1:

Hysteria1983 29 March 2010 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by wayne9t9 (Post 9315734)

Lol, so true!

oldsplice 29 March 2010 06:06 PM

Good female comedians are rarer than hen's teeth. Jo Brand makes me laugh, yet when she first started out I couldn't stand her! she's definitely got better with age. :lol1:

Most of them just bleat on about 'wimmin's stuff' and knocking men, but it's not funny.......just dull, dull, dull........and lazy.

Oh, and I like Jennifer Saunders. :thumb:

Lydia72 29 March 2010 07:01 PM

I agree there are a lot of unfunny women comedians but then again there are a lot of unfunny male ones too.

Joan Rivers usually makes me laugh :thumb:

belliott69 29 March 2010 07:28 PM

not keen on female comedians at all, i just don't think there that good at timing there jokes and they are all the same near enough whoever says them.

Maz 29 March 2010 10:21 PM

I'd encapsulate all your foibles in to one word...****!:D
Oh and don't forget Jo Brand's and John Sargeant's love child.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2qxn678.jpg

Ethel 29 March 2010 10:25 PM

Speaking as a wimmins, Hysteria 1983 is spot on.

Lee247 30 March 2010 12:25 AM

Catherine Tate is about as funny as a severe dose of the flu :thumb:

Trout 30 March 2010 08:19 AM

I like Sarah Millican - from up your way Lee :D

She is a bit like a Viz character!