ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Intercoolers from China (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/823747-intercoolers-from-china.html)

Nick73 24 March 2010 11:12 AM

Intercoolers from China

I know you all rate the chinky turbos as poo . Whats the thinking on the chinky universal intercoolers ?

Scooby see-Scooby do 24 March 2010 11:18 AM

I got a cheap chinky fmic and its fine, the only issue I had is that it needed an apexi induction kit so that it would fit. My cars a '95 wrx and the universals only fit on post '96 or something. The guy told me it would fit and even sent me pics (of a post '96 engine bay).
Just factor in the cost of an apexi induction kit when buying, the autobahn88 does include this fitting kit - the cost worked out about the same for me by the time I'd bought the apexi.

Nick73 24 March 2010 11:37 AM

Cheers Fella ,
Just ordered one for my brother yesterday and wasn`t sure if it was a waiste of money.
Its going on a starlet so he`s having all the pipework custom made to fit on a td05 .

Nick

Scooby see-Scooby do 24 March 2010 12:44 PM

sweet, that should be a flyer.

Nick73 24 March 2010 01:20 PM

I reckon it will be pretty fast when its done .Think he`s going abit ott with it though for a road car . 250+bhp through the front wheels sounds a lot to me . Its gonna be dodgy in the wet :D

bugboy 24 March 2010 02:40 PM

hiya Nick I have a friend in Cyprus who's done that to his starlet.. I can confirm its scarry fast :)

New_scooby_04 24 March 2010 02:43 PM

Guys, I'm guessing "chinky" isn't a manufacturer, but rather a slang term for chinese

Can you please refrain from using this term; it's more Alf Garnet than SN! :)

Ta

STi boi 24 March 2010 03:19 PM

i do not like the term "CHINKY" its racist!!!

Nick73 24 March 2010 03:36 PM

Sorry if Ive upset the sensetive members :lol1: I call my chinese mate chinky pete and he doesnt take offence . You must not be from Derbyshire cos we all call it that round here .

Nick73 24 March 2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by bugboy (Post 9305545)
hiya Nick I have a friend in Cyprus who's done that to his starlet.. I can confirm its scarry fast :)

It was fast enough with 150bhp till it melted a piston . Think he will regret it at 250 especialy the paddle clutch .Should be fun thou till he crashes it :D

STi boi 24 March 2010 04:12 PM

you'v not upset the sensetive members mate , its the chinese guys u should be apologising to. so let me get this right, u guys up derby go around calling chinese people chinks? down in london if you done that i think you be goin back to derby without lips!!! i think anyways. sori mate i just hate racist people.

rossi_p 24 March 2010 04:15 PM

Nick, if you are custom making the pipework, I have a Hybrid core available for £60. You get a quality item then :thumb:

Nick73 24 March 2010 04:38 PM

No offence was intend and I never called anyone a chink ????? (except for my mate pete who calls me hill billy :lol1:) Maybe the intercooler heard me and thats upset ?
I find it ridiculous that people try and look on what ever they can as a racist comment and if the london lot want to cut my lips off never mind :lol1: Im English and take no offence to it being abbreviated to Brit. Maybe I should and start my own lip collection .

Nick73 24 March 2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by rossi_p (Post 9305696)
Nick, if you are custom making the pipework, I have a Hybrid core available for £60. You get a quality item then :thumb:

Cheers For the offer Ross but Ive already paid for the Chinese one . If that turns out to be crud I`ll give you a shout ;)

New_scooby_04 25 March 2010 05:07 PM

OK, I''m knocking this one on the head: the OP has got the response he was after and refrained from using the offending term in their last post: no point letting this turn into a row!