ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Remap Dynamix (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/823701-remap-dynamix.html)

graeme jones 23 March 2010 10:44 PM

Remap Dynamix

Hi all (Dunc)
I have a 2003 Blobeye wrx.
I will be getting a few extra pennies in mays pay. I will have approx £500-600 to play with.
I currently have the 2nd cat pipe, centre section de-res and ninja 2 back box.
What would be the best plan of action guys?

I will be doing my car over time bit by bit aiming for 300 bhp in the future and I have a ruff idea what I need to get there.

To start with I was thinking I will need to change up pipe and fuel pump along with a remap.
Is there much point in running the car with the standard cat still in place for now? or should i just get the extra £130 odd together for a de cat?
I am replacing the tyres this month and the suspension bushes all round also so this month is going to be pricey and that is coming out of the pot i was going to mod with :(

dynamix 23 March 2010 11:34 PM

Hi Graeme

300 wont be possible with the standard turbo but you can get pretty close 280-290 before the turbo runs out of puff.

It is worth doing the decat downpipe but having said that I mapped a 2003 wrx to the same spec you have now a couple of weeks ago to 269bhp - decat gives it a better punch though in the mid range. That can always be added later and map tweaked (for much reduced charge) if and when funds become available.

Gimme a shout on the mobile number below if you want to chat through.

Duncan

graeme jones 23 March 2010 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 9304704)
Hi Graeme

300 wont be possible with the standard turbo but you can get pretty close 280-290 before the turbo runs out of puff.

It is worth doing the decat downpipe but having said that I mapped a 2003 wrx to the same spec you have now a couple of weeks ago to 269bhp - decat gives it a better punch though in the mid range. That can always be added later and map tweaked (for much reduced charge) if and when funds become available.

Gimme a shout on the mobile number below if you want to chat through.

Duncan

Hi Dunc
Yeah turbo and injectors are needed for 300 bhp and sti intercooler also?
I think I may start with re map and up pipe.
265 bhp would be a big improvement against standard anyway!
unless i can get a 2nd hand de cat or something, i just find ebay a pain in the arse all i see is the cheap china crap.
Any recommendations on where to get a decent down pipe from?
I'll call you end of mid may to book in as still early days yet.

dynamix 23 March 2010 11:48 PM

For sale ads on here as as good as any other - some good bargains to be had.

Cool :thumb:

graeme jones 02 April 2010 04:10 PM

Is the up pipe definately needing changing I can only see ones for bug eye models?

dynamix 02 April 2010 04:19 PM

It is the same up-pipe as yours - so interchangeable.

It isnt really needed to be changed at this stage but would def recommend changing it when/if you change to a bigger turbo to get over the 300bhp mark. (this is the pipe the turbo sits on)

Decat (or sports cat) downpipe, decat centre, air filter, fuel pump and remap is all that is needed.

dynamix 02 April 2010 04:19 PM

It is the same up-pipe as yours - so interchangeable.

It isnt really needed to be changed at this stage but would def recommend changing it when/if you change to a bigger turbo to get over the 300bhp mark. (this is the pipe the turbo sits on)

Decat (or sports cat) downpipe, decat centre, air filter, fuel pump and remap is all that is needed.

chrisUK300 02 April 2010 04:20 PM

I dont think your blobeye will have an up-pipe cat. Im sure it was only bugeye WRXs with them. Dont quote me on it though lol

chrisUK300 02 April 2010 04:23 PM

LOL spoke too soon, I was wrong :brickwall

graeme jones 02 April 2010 04:27 PM

sweet so decat new £130ish, fuel pump £75ish + remap £350 ish = Happy days!
Dunc i'll call you to book in end of the month!

dynamix 02 April 2010 04:48 PM

Cool - To get it done in April or or May ?

graeme jones 02 April 2010 06:38 PM

Get my years bonus in mays pay so it'll be asap after that..... damn that'll be early June!! mind you just in time for summer!