ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Hi ppl new member (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/823544-hi-ppl-new-member.html)

Essexdon 22 March 2010 11:32 PM

Hi ppl new member

Hey people, new to the site and I'm in the market for for a classic STI. Just sold my Saxo VTS and I have about 5k so far for a good one so any advice and tips would be a good help.

nathanb 23 March 2010 12:18 AM

Welcome to the site mate. just read around the various threads and you'll find more info than you'll ever need!!

You'll get yourself a nice classic for 5k!

Enjoy the search!

KickboxingCrazy 23 March 2010 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Essexdon (Post 9302770)
Hey people, new to the site and I'm in the market for for a classic STI. Just sold my Saxo VTS and I have about 5k so far for a good one so any advice and tips would be a good help.

it wont be the last saxo your see if you get one :thumb:

with 5k id be looking for a mint sti v4 unmodified low milage.

proberly the most important thing to check is the engine, do lots of checks onit as you really dont want to suffer big end failure! (very common)

midnight 23 March 2010 08:35 AM

If you type buying a Subaru in the search panel near the top there shoulb a few pages worth of info regarding what to look out for, as a starter full service history is a must,as well as low no of owners IMHO . Also welcome to the site.

The Zohan 23 March 2010 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Essexdon (Post 9302770)

Hi there, have a look on the SIDC forum FAQ's section re models and differences for a good guide. Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | SidcFaq / SIDC FAQ

Your budget should put you in a nice low miles (60k relative to ages that is) miles V4.

Check it has been mapped to run on UK fuel or your engine could go bang real quick if it has been run on UK ul.

If looking for insurance speak to Gary Moulson at Keith Michaels - they understand Scoobs, Gary has one which helps and have always been very competitive 0845 337 3380

Also have a look in the for sale section on here:)

TonyBurns 23 March 2010 09:33 AM

Budget for a 4k scoob and with the remaining 1k that will get you a BIG service (all belts etc) for around 600 quid and 400 quid on any little bits that will need doing (and there will be bits that need sorting, even if its advertised as "mint")

Tony:)

Essexdon 23 March 2010 09:37 PM

Cheers guys for all the info, I'm currently looking at some on senn sports that seem really good nic, saying about fuel I've heard vpower or tesco 99 octaine is the best for imports?

rookymatt 23 March 2010 09:57 PM

Idealy...Imports should be mapped for uk fuel. 99 is ok to use but i'd get it mapped buddy.

Welcome to the club. :D