ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Office 2007 Product Key (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/821794-office-2007-product-key.html)

skoobidude 14 March 2010 02:30 PM

Office 2007 Product Key

Hi

I purchased a new PC online in November. I decided to go for a trial version of Office 2007 just to see how I got on with it. The trial has now ran out as I have exceeded 25 goes on Word etc.
I now need a product key. Do I need to purchase a full version from somewhere like Amazon so I get the back-up discs etc?
If I do this, do I need to reinstall the office software again from the new discs or simply keep the discs safe and use the product key to register the trial version?

Thanks

Nick

Norman Dog 14 March 2010 03:41 PM

Why not just download a free copy from the internet?

office 2007 blue edition - Google Search

;)

Milamber 14 March 2010 09:44 PM

why steal a copy when you can but it for less than £40 (provided you have a student within your distant family)

Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Software UK at Software4Students.co.uk

Scoobychick 15 March 2010 10:48 AM

Or try the Office 2010 Beta version for free! :thumb:

P1Fanatic 15 March 2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 9285729)
why steal a copy when you can but it for less than £40 (provided you have a student within your distant family)

Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Software UK at Software4Students.co.uk

And pretending to be a student to get it cheaper when you can buy the proper version for £10 is any better than stealing :)

Simon

BlkKnight 15 March 2010 02:30 PM

and, no - you don't need to reinstall.

Just lob in the serial key when prompted. Any software which is out of license (typically Access) will not work.

Milamber 15 March 2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 9286934)
And pretending to be a student to get it cheaper when you can buy the proper version for £10 is any better than stealing :)

Simon

No it's not. But you misread. You don't need to be a student at all. The limits are very wide. You simply need a relative in lower or higher education NOT be a student yourself. The relative doesn't even need to be your own child.

If you want to get photoshop at a bargain price then the requirments are a LOT stricter. The relative needs to be in higher education and you need to submit proof.

HTH

P1Fanatic 15 March 2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 9286952)
No it's not. But you misread. You don't need to be a student at all. The limits are very wide. You simply need a relative in lower or higher education NOT be a student yourself. The relative doesn't even need to be your own child.

If you want to get photoshop at a bargain price then the requirments are a LOT stricter. The relative needs to be in higher education and you need to submit proof.

HTH

Tbh I didnt check at all lol so Ill go sit on the naughty step. Checked it out now and I see what you mean. Im wondering if my mrs doing Open University at the moment is covered.

Simon

Milamber 15 March 2010 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 9286971)
Tbh I didnt check at all lol so Ill go sit on the naughty step. Checked it out now and I see what you mean. Im wondering if my mrs doing Open University at the moment is covered.

Simon

:thumb: Deffo.

I can understand the temptation if you were being asked to pay the full rate (for the enterprise edition a whopping £482.97 :eek:) but at this rate you get a fully legitimate, fully licensed versions for the price of a cheap night out.

Photoshop is a steal and if your wife is doing open university then she will definitely be covered but it is still a lot of money to be fair.

:thumb:

skoobidude 15 March 2010 05:34 PM

None of my relatives are doing open university nor have I any students in the family unfortunately.
Thanks for the advice. As I'm on a relativey new PC I'm trying to resist downloading/acquiring any major pirate software..
We'll see! ;)

Milamber 15 March 2010 05:50 PM

there is always open office? free of charge and just as good.

pimmo2000 17 March 2010 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 9286934)

Simon

http://wackyiraqi.com/wtf/high_horse.jpg
:lol1: