ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Isn't the NHS wonderful (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/820856-isnt-the-nhs-wonderful.html)

cster 09 March 2010 05:27 PM

Isn't the NHS wonderful

Went to the local NHS hospital today and then made this complaint

"Dear S D,
I attended an appointment at 4pm today for an Ultrasound scan in the Xray Dept.
As the parking situation at the Hospital is so poor, I made sure to arrive early.
On attending the apropriate reception, I asked if they were running on time. I waited until 4.15 (having seen several later arrivals attended to before me) and then left, having asked the receptionist to note that I had attended and to offer my appointment to someone else.
As far as I am concerned, I have carried out my side of the arrangement to the letter and the hospital has not.
For me, this just is not is acceptable.
I wish I could say that it is surprising, but you know as well as I that this is pretty par for the course when it comes to the NHS.
The only amusing thing, is the medical students that one sees, sporting their stethoscopes and guileless expressions.
God only knows what posseses them to pursue their chosen profesfesion within the confines of the NHS.
A singular lack of imagination one would assume."

Any one else had a second rate experience on our second rate health service?
Obviously I don't expect to get any joy - just hope the scan wouldn't have revealed anything serious :lol1: Guess I'll just have to fork out for a private Ultrasound.:cry:
Hopefully they will get a bit of a laugh out of the last bit.:thumb:

sarasquares 09 March 2010 05:57 PM

Why did you only wait 15 minutes for your appointment before you left?

Surely you must know that it is very unusual to get seen on time. I always allow an hour for appointments.

They will be thinking that you believe you are someone special. I bet they are laffing at you now :D

Do you know how long it takes to get seen in A&E? :thumb:

The later arrivals that got seen before you did prolly had an earlier appointment time than you did and knowing the system i bet they arrived late so they didnt spend all day waiting. :p

Silver Angel 09 March 2010 06:00 PM

I was thinking 15 mins is not a long time to wait to be honest

GC8 09 March 2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by cster (Post 9274842)
Went to the local NHS hospital today and then made this complaint

"Dear S D,
I attended an appointment at 4pm today for an Ultrasound scan in the Xray Dept.
As the parking situation at the Hospital is so poor, I made sure to arrive early.
On attending the apropriate reception, I asked if they were running on time. I waited until 4.15 (having seen several later arrivals attended to before me) and then left, having asked the receptionist to note that I had attended and to offer my appointment to someone else.
As far as I am concerned, I have carried out my side of the arrangement to the letter and the hospital has not.
For me, this just is not is acceptable.
I wish I could say that it is surprising, but you know as well as I that this is pretty par for the course when it comes to the NHS.
The only amusing thing, is the medical students that one sees, sporting their stethoscopes and guileless expressions.
God only knows what posseses them to pursue their chosen profesfesion within the confines of the NHS.
A singular lack of imagination one would assume."

Any one else had a second rate experience on our second rate health service?
Obviously I don't expect to get any joy - just hope the scan wouldn't have revealed anything serious :lol1: Guess I'll just have to fork out for a private Ultrasound.:cry:
Hopefully they will get a bit of a laugh out of the last bit.:thumb:

Theyll probably just think that youre a tool, which, in fairness: is how you usually come across here.

Clarebabes 09 March 2010 06:06 PM

Strange behaviour! It was obviously not life-threatening, otherwise you'd be dead by now :lol1:

I had an appointment at 4pm at the fracture clinic for my wrist. Think I got seen at 4:50pm. This is probably quite normal....

sarasquares 09 March 2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9274907)
Strange behaviour! It was obviously not life-threatening, otherwise you'd be dead by now :lol1:

I had an appointment at 4pm at the fracture clinic for my wrist. Think I got seen at 4:50pm. This is probably quite normal....

I bet the xray was for a broken nail ;) (not you)

You know what men are like when they have a cold :lol1:

Anyway, when are you having it off? :D

davyboy 09 March 2010 06:39 PM

Do you really think you are that special to walk out in a huff after just 15 mins?

I'm sure they will find your complaint very funny, as we all did.

Do let us know how much the private treatment costs, and if you had to wait.

Jamescsti 09 March 2010 06:47 PM

Have been to hospital a few times lately with an eye condition which resulted in me having surgery, and I found the service to be very good throughout.
If you left after 15 minutes, frankly I think you were pretty unreasonable and I bet they are just laughing at your letter now.

Enjoy going privately in future and pay with your own money for the privelledge

Will 09 March 2010 06:48 PM

Where i live 15 minutes is fook all. When i have an appointment at the hospital i expect to be waiting. (Hence an waiting room :))Just because it will say 4pm on my letter doesn't mean I'll be seen at 4pm. If i have an 4pm appointment and go in at 4:15 I see it as a bonus :D

superstar1 09 March 2010 06:53 PM

Yes, this is very rude behavior.

davyboy 09 March 2010 06:53 PM

I've had a lot of private treatment.

I've also had to wait more than 15 mins on a couple of occasions. On both occasions my consultant said sorry, and that was it. In fact once he was 40 mins late for me, my appointment lasted 15 mins and I was charged £100.

Will 09 March 2010 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 9275028)
I've had a lot of private treatment.

Posh basterd :D

davyboy 09 March 2010 06:57 PM

Some of it was covered by insurance, some wasn't.

Get a good job and you can have it to!

Will 09 March 2010 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 9275035)

Get a good job and you can have it to!

I do have a good job thanks, and could go private but I'd rather spend the cash I would spend on PT on my children and property :thumb:

Snazy 09 March 2010 07:02 PM

I only hope you never have to go to Oncology, or any of the clinics I have attended, let alone have day surgery.

15 mins, seriously! lol

If it was turning up for a legal requirement or something then yeah go for it, but walking out of an appointment someone else could have had. Well done

sarasquares 09 March 2010 07:02 PM

Whats PT mr Wales? :p

Will 09 March 2010 07:05 PM

Private Treatment! Bloody wimmin!! :rolleyes:

:D

Midlife...... 09 March 2010 07:05 PM

Funny you should mention the NHS.........I ran an NHS clinic all day today. In the morning 3 people couldn't be bothered to turn up and several people wandered in late. In the afternoon it was just the same. It beggars belief sometimes!

Your complaint will be dealt with by a complaints officer, the receptionist, sonographer and Consultant Radilogist will be interviewed wasting several hours of peoples time.

Maybe the Sonographer was busy dealing with last weeks backlog of spurious complaints.

Shaun

MJW 09 March 2010 07:06 PM

If I was the consultant who received your complaint letter, I'd have screwed it up and left it in your body cavity after your next operation for being such a sanctimonious **** !

davyboy 09 March 2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by mr_impreza (Post 9275052)
I do have a good job thanks, and could go private but I'd rather spend the cash I would spend on PT on my children and property :thumb:

But isn't it 25% or 40% of about £1000 spread out over 12 months?

sarasquares 09 March 2010 07:17 PM

Corner :D

Originally Posted by mr_impreza (Post 9275067)
Private Treatment! Bloody wimmin!! :rolleyes:

:D

lol, i knew that :p

Sheep dip should do it :D

Will 09 March 2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 9275079)
But isn't it 25% or 40% of about £1000 spread out over 12 months?

What, private treatment?

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 9275093)
Corner :D

lol, i knew that :p

Yhea, yhea if you say so :D

JPL 09 March 2010 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 9274904)
Theyll probably just think that youre a tool, which, in fairness: is how you usually come across here.

I LOL'd at that :lol1:

Clarebabes 09 March 2010 07:35 PM

Dave gets his PT (Bupa) through his job. So basically, he pays 40% tax on the benefit value which is about £1,000 P.A. If he didn't have it, he would only save the tax, so not really going to buy us an extra house or holiday.....

Trout 09 March 2010 07:47 PM

cster...

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/Idiot.jpg

davyboy 09 March 2010 07:52 PM

A classic case of a thread not turning out how you expected!

sarasquares 09 March 2010 07:54 PM

Burn him :D

Will 09 March 2010 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9275145)
Dave gets his PT (Bupa) through his job. So basically, he pays 40% tax on the benefit value which is about £1,000 P.A. If he didn't have it, he would only save the tax, so not really going to buy us an extra house or holiday.....

Did i say it would buy you a house or holiday? All I'm saying is that I'd rather spend that 40% on my kids and houses than PT.

Clarebabes 09 March 2010 08:04 PM

Yeah, £33.33 can buy loads these days.... I'd rather have the treatment. That covers me and any kids too. Dave and I have had our money's worth for this year :D

EddScott 09 March 2010 08:05 PM

A&E wait time at our local is between 2 and 4 hours as the nurses trudge past at their own leisurely pace.

The one we went to in Yorkshire only takes about an hour at most on both occasions we've had to visit it - for reasons only known to themselves my wifes family have to "use the facilities" everywhere we go so I get to visit hospitals quite alot (wifes stabs herself whilst opening childs toy - wife appendix burst day after boxing day - everytime wifes sisters baby boy sneezes etc etc drama drama)

I've only ever had one appointment at a hospital nearly ever - a recent "magic eye" to tell me I have a Heital Hernia. All handled very well even though its rather uncomfortable experience.

I disliked out local hospital for a long time after the birth of our daughter which was frankly handled in the most disgraceful way possible and asking to have the attending nurse removed for being incredibly rude. However after my own needs of the above I feel slightly better should I ever be ill here.