ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Apple iPad - Stunning. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/820553-apple-ipad-stunning.html)

JackClark 08 March 2010 05:06 AM

Apple iPad - Stunning.

Simply Brilliant.

Apple - iPad - Photos and images of iPad

Trout 08 March 2010 05:44 AM

We'll be condemned for being fanboys. But I agree!

BlueBugEye 08 March 2010 06:10 AM

First piece of Apple tech that I really want!

Neanderthal 08 March 2010 07:52 AM

"A magical and revolutionary product at an unbelievable price"

Yet I can't find any price information on the apple(uk) website!

I'd love one, although I'd still worry about being able to put a screen protector that size on it ok, I found it hard enough to put the protector on the iPhone :lol1:

Jamescsti 08 March 2010 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 9271423)

Another piece of Apple Tech that I dont want

JackClark 08 March 2010 08:12 AM

I know what's coming...

"How on earth can you not want one, bla, bla, bla, Blackberry" :)

MJW 08 March 2010 08:43 AM

I'm not really a big Apple fan, but my iPod touch is fantastic & gets used every day. However I don't think I could say the same for the iPad, seems a bit superfluous to me.

Scoobychick 08 March 2010 08:47 AM

I have definitely identified a gap in my life for an iPad which I was kind of hoping I wouldn't but am secretly quite pleased about :D

mamoon2 08 March 2010 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by BlueBugEye (Post 9271423)

First piece I find pointless and would rather use my Macbook.

Snazy 08 March 2010 10:47 AM

I can see the appeal definatly, as I could from the start, but still comes across to me as the sort of media thing you would have laying about the house for lazy browsing or reading etc, but not full interaction, not for me anyway.

Interested to see how the UK will price it.

STi wanna Subaru 08 March 2010 11:10 AM

It leaves me with the feeling of... Meh. Yes that enthusiastic.

Rick_Noel 08 March 2010 11:14 AM

I want use one as a headunit. Could be ultimate solution if done right...

mamoon2 08 March 2010 11:31 AM

I wonder why apple have not put a built in camera for video calls like the iMacs / macboks

lordharding 08 March 2010 12:19 PM

I was in the new appleshop on Friday and then lad said end of march early April and he had over 50 enquires that day about it
everyone will be contacted by email and invited to que up with the sleeping bags and flasks outside the shop the night beforehand
April 3rd that's be holiday booked and look on the loft for the sleeping bag

Jamescsti 08 March 2010 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 9271481)
I know what's coming...

"How on earth can you not want one, bla, bla, bla, Blackberry" :)

I'm on my second Ipod Nano after my first one broke, and I love it, wouldn't buy any other MP3 player, but I have a laptop and yes a Blackberry so I don't see any need for an I-Pad

what would scooby do 08 March 2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by mamoon2 (Post 9271785)
I wonder why apple have not put a built in camera for video calls like the iMacs / macboks

Because like all apple products the release "upgrades" throughout the lifecycle in order to get more sales.

They sell a crippled product like the iPhone and then add in improvements such as a camera, 3G, more memory etc

Jamescsti 08 March 2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 9271858)
I was in the new appleshop on Friday and then lad said end of march early April and he had over 50 enquires that day about it
everyone will be contacted by email and invited to que up with the sleeping bags and flasks outside the shop the night beforehand
April 3rd that's be holiday booked and look on the loft for the sleeping bag

Really hope your joking?
Not having a dig at the I-pad now but why anyone would camp outside any shop overnight just to buy a piece of technology, which is not going to sell out straight away all over the UK is beyond me, I just don't see the point in missing out on the sleep, how about you get up at around 8am on the 3rd april, and just go when currys is open like normal people?

STi wanna Subaru 08 March 2010 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jamescsti (Post 9271890)
Really hope your joking?
Not having a dig at the I-pad now but why anyone would camp outside any shop overnight just to buy a piece of technology, which is not going to sell out straight away all over the UK is beyond me, I just don't see the point in missing out on the sleep, how about you get up at around 8am on the 3rd april, and just go when currys is open like normal people?

Because he's a geeky virgin?

Markus 08 March 2010 12:49 PM

I hope he is joking too, as he will be very lonely on the third, unless he is in the US as it is not being released outside the us until late April.

EddScott 08 March 2010 12:52 PM

Its just a big Ipod Touch is it not?

Even though I like to think of myself as reasonably "with it" when its comes to technology apart from my Ipod, I don't see the need for anything else from Apple :)

Snazy 08 March 2010 12:56 PM

lol @ Markus, good point lol.

Sadly people do camp out for such things, like the PS3 etc too.
The Apple store in Mall Millenia had tons of extra security laid on for the release of the iPhone, was crazy!

f1_fan 08 March 2010 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 9271884)
Because like all apple products the release "upgrades" throughout the lifecycle in order to get more sales.

They sell a crippled product like the iPhone and then add in improvements such as a camera, 3G, more memory etc

You can't blame then for reaping the benefits of the gullible fanboys though can you?

hutton_d 08 March 2010 01:46 PM

Hmm. Let's see. It runs the iphone OS. But it can't make pone calls .... :Suspiciou

So how useful is that .... :wonder:

Dave

mamoon2 08 March 2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 9271986)
Hmm. Let's see. It runs the iphone OS. But it can't make pone calls .... :Suspiciou

So how useful is that .... :wonder:

Dave

Agreed, I'm an Apple fan, got 3 iMacs, Macbook, iPhone, and Apple TV but this is pointless. If it had the capabilities to video call, run your landline wirelessly to it, etc... it might have a place in someones living room.

JackClark 08 March 2010 02:16 PM

Watch this one.

Apple - iPad - Watch the iPad video.

I know it's long and to a grease monkey it might seem lardy dah but by the end you might realise that it's going to cause the same scale of revolution that the iPhone started in the phone industry.

Pricing will be under £500, I have a tough choice, I can sell my current three year old Macbook for £500 and pay £500 to upgrade it, or as the Macbook is still more than capable buy an iPad. Right now I'm buying the iPad, why just have something faster when I can have something game changing. A fortunate position I know.

STi wanna Subaru 08 March 2010 02:18 PM

:D You're good Jack i'll give you that. pslewis would be proud ;)

JackClark 08 March 2010 02:19 PM

To be clear, this is nothing like the current iPhone OS, I wish it was. Yes it can run iPhone apps, but that's about it. Perhaps the next iPhone will run iPad OS.

I see the iPad as replacing 90% of the functions of my Macbook, yes 90%.

JackClark 08 March 2010 02:20 PM

PSlewis wound up everyone though, I just wind up the Apple Anti-Fanboys.

f1_fan 08 March 2010 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 9272035)
I see the iPad as replacing 90% of the functions of my Macbook, yes 90%.

So it's a downgrade then? ;)

Xx-IAN-xX 08 March 2010 02:31 PM

Let's Get the iPad Jokes Out of Our Systems 'Cause Steve Doesn't Care - apple ipad - Gizmodo

Sorry Jack I couldn't resist:D