ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   thanks to the 3 rs owners and 3scoobs gr8 blat lads (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/820390-thanks-to-the-3-rs-owners-and-3scoobs-gr8-blat-lads.html)

subarucray-z 07 March 2010 01:15 PM

thanks to the 3 rs owners and 3scoobs gr8 lads

thanks to the 2 green rs drivers and the white 1 and 3 scoobs for the nice run in convoy down the A13 good fun we enjoyed the night thoroughly

STI Mav 07 March 2010 02:12 PM

Think one of those could have been me. Blue Hawkeye STI ? I left with the RS guys heading up to lakeside, only to get slowed down by the stupid police convoy that was transporting something or other.

Not seen the Lakeside area like that in a while, mind you I've not been that way in a while either. Awful lot of cars going up and down making some great noises. All well within the speed limit of course :thumb:

Very good night all round :luxhello:

djandyg 07 March 2010 02:40 PM

Im friends with the guy with the White RS...young lad called jamie :)

djandyg 07 March 2010 02:46 PM

he also says you should have a video from under Rayleigh Weir Jct on the A127?

STI Mav 07 March 2010 02:53 PM

The white RS with the 395bhp SSC conversion - is a superb bit of kit. Hate to say it but that would be enough to tempt me away from Scooby ownership and back to Ford.

Whose got the vid from the camera on the A127 ?

djandyg 07 March 2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by STI Mav (Post 9269927)
The white RS with the 395bhp SSC conversion - is a superb bit of kit. Hate to say it but that would be enough to tempt me away from Scooby ownership and back to Ford.

Whose got the vid from the camera on the A127 ?

yup thats the guy.
Dunno whos got the video he said some one should tho lol

djandyg 07 March 2010 03:04 PM

from the man himself on msn...

Jamie says: (15:03:11)
RE: the video, a scooby was parked under the flyover as everyone passed at about 30mph toward southend in convoy

subarucray-z 07 March 2010 03:14 PM

STI MAV thts the 1 mate damn police convoys :)

subarucray-z 07 March 2010 03:16 PM

and im not the best camera man i got some footage but not world class

subarucray-z 07 March 2010 03:18 PM

how old is lad jamie with rs and how much insurance does he pay??

djandyg 07 March 2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by subarucray-z (Post 9269968)
how old is lad jamie with rs and how much insurance does he pay??

just a bit younger than me i think, 21....he pays less than a grand IIRC!

paulwrxboro 07 March 2010 03:31 PM

some people are paying less than £250 ;)...not me tho

subarucray-z 07 March 2010 03:31 PM

wow thts well cheap

subarucray-z 07 March 2010 03:36 PM

STI MAV im ashamed of u how can u either think of going back to ford the new rs looks amazing but nothing compares to handling grip and speed delivery of a scoob

djandyg 07 March 2010 04:01 PM

hi lads, Jamie here with the white RS (Just borrowing Andy's account)

It was an enjoyable night. Im very local to Lakeside so pretty regular. That was definatly the busieset it has been for about a month :lol1: It was also nice to follow you guys to and from Southend. Can't say i've been there over the winter, and it was definatly worth the journey.

STi Mav, didn't want to get too close to you, but i made up the ground from the r.about pretty quickly. You Scooby sounds Epic on full boost, had to hang back on one journey up the 'strip' just to hear you go past :thumb:

In regard to considering the RS, you really must go drive one that's been modified like mine. I'm running the SCC Performance '385' Kit. It's a total animal now, the RS is fast, but never seemed urgent under acceleration. I did run the '350' kit before, which i had RR'd at 370Hp with 458 Lb/Ft so not much down on what power im running now, but it feels totally different!

In regard to the superiour handeling, (no offence, and i dont want to open a can of worms) but i always thought the EVO as being superior. And i was glued to his rear bumper no problem. The whole AWD Vs FWD debate is long and old, they both have their plusses and minuses i guess.

All in all, amazing cars boys, and if you ever see me, dont forget to flash your lights and give us a wave :thumb::)

STI Mav 07 March 2010 04:02 PM

In fairness me thinks a 395bhp Focus RS would de a relativley good job of delivering the power - alright grip may be a slight issue, but my mate has a standard one and they do grip far better than any other FWD car I've ever driven.

At the moment though I'm a Scooby lover through and through :thumb:

keelyknight 07 March 2010 04:06 PM

hello we were 1 of the green rs owners, was good to meet few of you. :luxhello:

djandyg 07 March 2010 04:15 PM

Jamie again:

Originally Posted by STI Mav (Post 9270039)
In fairness me thinks a 395bhp Focus RS would de a relativley good job of delivering the power - alright grip may be a slight issue, but my mate has a standard one and they do grip far better than any other FWD car I've ever driven.

At the moment though I'm a Scooby lover through and through :thumb:

Your right, grip sometimes is an issue. I couldn't name a single car that didn't have grip issues though. It's all down to feeding in and balencing the power. A light hastle in 1st and second, but as you said for the amount of power the two wheels are dealing with it does a rather good job. A soon as the RS hit's 3rd gear the acceleration is phenomenal with no hastle from the rather relaxed ESP/Traction control system.

Originally Posted by keelyknight (Post 9270047)
hello we were 1 of the green rs owners, was good to meet few of you. :luxhello:

Hello :D

Darc174 07 March 2010 04:20 PM

Jamie well hello coming on scoobynet lol,

Must admit mate yours seemed to go a lot quicker then the green one down there ;)

Came down the strip to hunt you down but you went ;)

Looks good bud

Darc

djandyg 07 March 2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Darc174 (Post 9270078)
Jamie well hello coming on scoobynet lol,

Must admit mate yours seemed to go a lot quicker then the green one down there ;)

Came down the strip to hunt you down but you went ;)

Looks good bud

Darc

Jamie: Im sorry, Darcy. It's like COD MW2, you dont have a chance against me :hjtwofing

STI Mav 07 March 2010 04:31 PM

:thumb:

Originally Posted by djandyg (Post 9270035)
hi lads, Jamie here with the white RS (Just borrowing Andy's account)

It was an enjoyable night. Im very local to Lakeside so pretty regular. That was definatly the busieset it has been for about a month :lol1: It was also nice to follow you guys to and from Southend. Can't say i've been there over the winter, and it was definatly worth the journey.

STi Mav, didn't want to get too close to you, but i made up the ground from the r.about pretty quickly. You Scooby sounds Epic on full boost, had to hang back on one journey up the 'strip' just to hear you go past :thumb:

In regard to considering the RS, you really must go drive one that's been modified like mine. I'm running the SCC Performance '385' Kit. It's a total animal now, the RS is fast, but never seemed urgent under acceleration. I did run the '350' kit before, which i had RR'd at 370Hp with 458 Lb/Ft so not much down on what power im running now, but it feels totally different!

In regard to the superiour handeling, (no offence, and i dont want to open a can of worms) but i always thought the EVO as being superior. And i was glued to his rear bumper no problem. The whole AWD Vs FWD debate is long and old, they both have their plusses and minuses i guess.

All in all, amazing cars boys, and if you ever see me, dont forget to flash your lights and give us a wave :thumb::)

Cheers fella appreciate the comments

Your RS is extreamley quick and I'm not suprised you were able to gain ground if your pushing 390 plus. Not certain exactly what the Scooby is doing at the moment, but I'm hoping for something around 330bhp - we'll have to wait and see next weekend.

I've been well impressed with the new RS's performance and handling and in the dry, I completley agree the RS can hold it's own even with the upgraded power. Horses for courses as you say, and I agree there are definatly pro's and cons to both.

Look forward to catching you guys out and about again - really good night all round.

Cheers,

Mav :thumb:

Darc174 07 March 2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by djandyg (Post 9270088)
Jamie: Im sorry, Darcy. It's like COD MW2, you dont have a chance against me :hjtwofing

Haha must admit your not to bad on mw2 but the rs wouldn't come close :P haha

Darc

djandyg 07 March 2010 04:36 PM

Jamie:

Thanks, Mav. Feel free to pull-up and start chatting again. If you loose everyone, Tesco over the retail park is kinda where everone meets and parks with friends for chats and to hide from the 'po-po' lol

See you again

Darcy, the grudgematch has just started :)

Darc174 07 March 2010 07:00 PM

grudgematch
no grudge here mate its lovely :thumb:

Tiny 07 March 2010 07:12 PM

Lol look @ you boys :D

Will join you all next time , had to collect the daughter last night :thumb:

-shane- 07 March 2010 07:16 PM

When and were exactly is this meeting point in lakeside? Wouldn't mind poling Down now the wheathers getting better

wrx9181 07 March 2010 07:22 PM

good to see some sence being talked on here and not the usuall myn is better than yours .... well impressed guys scooby and rs

djandyg 07 March 2010 07:45 PM

Jamie:

Originally Posted by Tiny (Post 9270548)
Lol look @ you boys :D

Will join you all next time , had to collect the daughter last night :thumb:

I know your a big lad Darren, but im going to be brave and say 'Pics' :norty:

Originally Posted by -shane- (Post 9270558)
When and were exactly is this meeting point in lakeside? Wouldn't mind poling Down now the wheathers getting better

Hi Shane. Basically from about 10Pm onward. If you know the area, Tesco nr the McDonalds is where everyone parks, the dual carriageway that runs from the Roundabout nr the Mercedes dealer upto the A13 and back down.

There is also a secondary location known as 'Truck Word' on Motherwell Way, West Thurrock. But in all honesty, there are so many people down there, you can't really miss anything.

Saturday night is historically the 'cruisers' night, but many still head down there Sunday night too if the weather is decent.

Originally Posted by wrx9181 (Post 9270575)
good to see some sence being talked on here and not the usuall myn is better than yours .... well impressed guys scooby and rs

Ahh no that banter is saved for after the watershed :D

-shane- 07 March 2010 08:15 PM

Sounds gd might see if the gf wants to go down lakeside one Saturday then stay around, what sort of cars are there? Not too many saxo's etc???

djandyg 07 March 2010 08:19 PM

Jamie:

Originally Posted by -shane- (Post 9270731)
Sounds gd might see if the gf wants to go down lakeside one Saturday then stay around, what sort of cars are there? Not too many saxo's etc???

Everything from Saxo's to Nissan GTR's and Gallardo's have been spotted having a little show off mate. Your always going to get the young'uns but there are quite a few 'big boys' too.