ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Autobrite Snow foam (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/820122-autobrite-snow-foam.html)

scooby1929 05 March 2010 08:54 PM

Autobrite Snow foam

Anybody used one of these with their existing powerwasher!!? Whats your thoughts!!? Was goin to use it with the megs hyper wash

Cheers

dazzaturbo 05 March 2010 09:03 PM

had mine snowfoamed today its brilliant get some you wont regret it

scooby1929 05 March 2010 09:13 PM

Sounds good then!! Am gonna get one

ScoobyRalph 05 March 2010 09:15 PM

I use snow foam as part of my wash regime, make sure if you buy a foam lance it has the right connection for your pressure washer as they are all different.

Loads of different snowfoam products out there, no real need to mix it with a shampoo as the mixture does the trick as it is. Works really well as a pre cleanser, check out -

- Elite Car Care

Some good options on there and Alex who runs it us top guy, loads of advice to give.

Ralph

scooby1929 05 March 2010 09:25 PM

cheers Ralph

ScoobyRalph 05 March 2010 09:46 PM

No worries bud, enjoy!! :thumb:

Ralph

scotty44 05 March 2010 09:52 PM

The snow foam from AB is very good, just finished the 25L I had so need to call in and get some more :)

scooby1929 05 March 2010 09:59 PM

Do you just put the snow foam in or do you need to add warm water etc.

How much do you need to put in to snow a car?

Boyakasha 05 March 2010 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by scooby1929 (Post 9267096)
Do you just put the snow foam in or do you need to add warm water etc.

How much do you need to put in to snow a car?

You just need about 1/15 of the size of the bottle, I also add a squirt of megs hyper then fill with water.

ScoobyRalph 05 March 2010 11:04 PM

As boyakasha said, you use a small amount of snow foam and then top up with water, in relation to adding shampoo thats upto you although log into any detailing forum and read the pros and cons. Each snow foam will have a different dilution ratio, i started of with Elite Car Cares own snow foam, when i finished that i replaced it with AB.

Ralph

bioforger 06 March 2010 12:43 AM

snow foam ftw
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...ne/Foamed2.jpg

jono300 06 March 2010 08:26 AM

Al lbeen talked about before in great detail but a sure a lot off folk are still under the impression that a quick was with snow foam itself wil get the car gleaming, sorry but from my experince it wont as already mentioned its part off a pre wash systmn .

normally wash my car myself but was a bit pushed for time last week so reluctantly took the car into one off these drive in foam stations , paid my £4 and a couple off mins later drove out, must admitt pretty impressed yet again for a snow foam only wash.

but yes I know its bad for the wax off the car etc etc etc !!

can anyone confirm if these places deffinatly use hot water during the wash process ??

ScoobyRalph 06 March 2010 08:43 AM

As I mentioned earlier and jono has said above - don't be under any illusions you can just snow foam your car and off you go. It SHOULD be part of a wash process and should be second (ish) in the list of steps.

Snow foam effectively dissolves the dirt and grime which is stuck to the body, when you rinse it off it takes 'most' of it with off the car. What it will also remove is any wax/polish/sealant etc. so leaves your paint unprotected, hence shouldn't really be used on it's own.

Ralph

jono300 06 March 2010 09:07 AM

Just wonder what difference there would be using a hot water feed to the power washer ?? as I say the drive in car wash places seem to have the answer so can only imagine that the use off hot water with TFR ( traffic film remover ) is the answer for a quick very effective wash.

Scooby Dan 06 March 2010 09:49 AM

The Autobrite foam lance is a quality bit of kit and so is Autobrite's own Supa Snow Foam.
As said by others , it isn't mean't to get your car completely clean but removes a lot of the dirt which then minimises the chance of causing swirls when you wash the car with buckets and mitts. However if your car has a few layers of a good wax or sealant on it you might be surprised at how much dirt it actually will remove.

Scooby Dan 06 March 2010 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by jono300 (Post 9267581)
Just wonder what difference there would be using a hot water feed to the power washer ?? as I say the drive in car wash places seem to have the answer so can only imagine that the use off hot water with TFR ( traffic film remover ) is the answer for a quick very effective wash.

A few people on the Detailing World forum have made hot water feeds. What you need to remember is that most domestic pressure washers can only take 40-60 degrees C maximum. You would need to make some type of mixer system, something like a shower mixer to stop the water getting too hot and to be honest its probably more trouble than its worth.
As for TFR's many people believe that they strip wax and dull paintwork, however there are now some very good products available that bridge the gap between TFR and snow foam and if carefully used at the right dilution should give good cleaning power without stripping wax, Autosmart Actimouse is quite a popular choice.

jono300 06 March 2010 11:00 AM

All I want is something that will give the exact same job as my local drive in hand over your money place gives !!

from all my tests snow foam used alone with deffo not give these results.

so again it must be down to them using hot water with TFR.

anyone know excatly the stuff these guys use and how they get the impressive results that they do ??