ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Service sector growth hits 'three-year high' (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/819774-service-sector-growth-hits-three-year-high.html)

SunnySideUp 03 March 2010 11:47 PM

Service sector growth hits 'three-year high'

The service sector in the UK grew at its fastest monthly pace in three years in February, providing further evidence of the economy's recovery.

The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) index rose to 58.4 from 54.5 the previous month, its highest since January 2007.

The index allayed fears among some economists that the UK could slip back into recession in the current quarter.

The service sector is a vital component of the UK economy.

Any index score above 50 indicates growth.

"It's a staggering rise which suggests the services sector in the UK is in rude health," said David Page at Investec.

I blame this flaming Government for this vast improvement in the economy! :mad:

alcazar 04 March 2010 06:30 AM

Yeah, yeah, and Horrid Hardon was in the commons yesterday saying that UK manufacturing was on the up, having a great time, etc etc.

While the REALITY is that another 2500 jobs IN MANUFACTURING went yesterday.

More Lying Labour LIES!

And Pete, who I thought was an intelligent bloke, seems to accept and believe them all:rolleyes:

hodgy0_2 04 March 2010 07:34 AM

I find it quite amusing that when talking about the service sector in general and the financial service sector in particular the concept of quality is paramount

And to keep that quality you need to pay the best to get the best we are told – I understand that argument totally (and have some sympathy with it)

But when it come to industry – particularly heavy industry a different argument is used

It is widely acknowledged that we (the UK) produce some of the best if not the best Coal and Steel in the world.#

Somehow this (quality argument) isn’t good enough any more – now we hear concepts like efficiency, uncompetitivness etc etc

i call this the "get real" argument -- but when this is used against financial services, it is the tax payer that is told to "get real" and "you don't understand"

And let it then go to rack and ruin

Butty 04 March 2010 08:36 AM

What particular service industries are expanding exactly?
It WOULD be brilliant if it was support for UK 2ndary and 1ary industries, but I suspect it is just in the burger flipping market.

Leslie 04 March 2010 10:29 AM

One could be excused for thinking you actually believe what these con artists tell you Pete!

Les

Steve vRS 04 March 2010 11:01 AM

Apart from investment bankers, the services industry is part time, low paid work.

This is the true picture of the UK economy:-

BBC News - AstraZeneca announces plans to close Loughborough site

BBC News - Glaxo to shed 380 Essex research jobs

BBC News - 1,700 jobs to go as Corus mothballs plant

Well paid jobs where people MADE something and created value.

Steve

Steve vRS 04 March 2010 11:43 AM

Oh and this...

Snow and stamp duty send house prices down 1.5% - Times Online

Steve

unclebuck 04 March 2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9263105)

And Pete, who I thought was an intelligent bloke,

What gave you that impression?

He comes across as being slightly retarded to me. He certainly has 'issues'

:)

hodgy0_2 04 March 2010 01:12 PM

any fvcker who continually posts on car forums is a loon imo

dunx 04 March 2010 01:16 PM

So "we" council types have just emptied this years coffers, ready for more extravagant spending next year ?

dunx

P.S. We've also had the perimeter trees trimmed, the intruder alarm system fixed, and had 64 security cameras installed......

SunnySideUp 04 March 2010 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 9263610)
What gave you that impression?

He comes across as being slightly retarded to me. He certainly has 'issues'

:)

That may well be true .... but, just stop and think for a moment ...

You follow me around like a little puppy ... are you sure I am the only one with 'issues'? :lol1:

kingofturds 04 March 2010 01:23 PM

I think Pete is Gorden Browns alter ego, instead of facing up to the state of the Country. He delves into his internet ego where everything is rosy and the public love him:lol1:

SunnySideUp 04 March 2010 07:35 PM

They do love me, don't they? ;)

DCI Gene Hunt 04 March 2010 07:38 PM

The service sector is up - it's prepping for a growth period over the next 3 years. All those projects that were parked a few years ago are getting ready to relaunch, so Pete is in fact 100% correct.

SunnySideUp 04 March 2010 07:39 PM

I always am 100% right .... :thumb:

Leslie 05 March 2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9264415)
I always am 100% right .... :thumb:

I can hear a horse laughing!

Les ;)

alcazar 05 March 2010 02:06 PM

And I just saw a pig fly past my window.;)