ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Being sent to Coventry (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/819672-being-sent-to-coventry.html)

Kieran_Burns 03 March 2010 03:51 PM

Being sent to Coventry

but loving it :thumb:

I'm off to see an Italian Pianist / composer tonight: Ludovico Einaudi. Stunning music, and I know not to everyone's taste but I love it.

I've been wanting to see him play for years but keep forgetting he tours the UK at this time of year.

I was listening to one of his pieces on youtube on Sunday and saw a comment about going to watch him and checked.... he was playing at the Albert Hall as I was sat there listening to him on Youtube! :cry:

I kind of gave up at that point - but yesterday at work I wondered if had any other dates coming up. Turns out he is playing at the Warwick Arts Centre tonight, and there a very few tickets left! :D

Quick online order, ticket booked and I get to see a fantastic pianist tonight.

To drag this back to car-related.... every time you see Top Gear showing a supercar off, they ALWAYS play Einaudi.

Xx-IAN-xX 03 March 2010 03:54 PM

Yeah I heard you like a good pianist:D

Scoobychick 04 March 2010 08:23 AM

Einaudi's 'Nightbook' is the first classical album I ever bought. That was about four weeks ago :king:

Leslie 04 March 2010 10:31 AM

Lovely to hear a piano played really well.

Les

Kieran_Burns 04 March 2010 11:58 AM

Last night's concert was amazing :D

6 encores and 3 standing ovations - played variations of known favourites for the encores and just stunned the audience. You could hear the reaction from people around you as he played.

I think there was a bit at the end, when he was going to stop but the audience was so damn' enthusiastic he changed his mind. You could see him look to the the supported players and nod, then he sat down and played some more.

The interaction between strings and piano was excellently done, but the very last piece was the best for this. It was all cello, viola and then percussion - then the violin guy basically started playing a fiddle and Einaudi joined in supporting them. I turned to the guy next me and commented that I thought we'd gone to a Levellers gig!

Really, really great night.

Kieran_Burns 04 March 2010 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 9263190)
Einaudi's 'Nightbook' is the first classical album I ever bought. That was about four weeks ago :king:

Go get Divenire. I think it's a better album personally, and that is not to detract from Nightbook at all

Divenire: Ludovico Einaudi: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Dr Hu 04 March 2010 01:32 PM

I am learning to play the piano - have been for a couple of years now.... my Piano Teacher got me to learn a couple of Einaudi pieces a while back.... not the easiest to learn, but stunning.

When my piano teacher first played it thru, I thought 'I could never play that!', a few lessons/weeks later & a lot of practice I could!
I wanted to learn them too, as they are haunting, egging you on to play them well.

I still play them occasionally now as they are beatiful pieces to play....i find them in the piano stool, sit down to play them & it all comes flooding back...

Wish I'd seen this thread yesterday - I only work about 10 miles from Warwick, would have loved to see him live!

Kieran_Burns 04 March 2010 01:46 PM

He was sold out unfortunately, but he is back in the UK in December

Steve_PPP 04 March 2010 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 9263503)
I turned to the guy next me and commented that I thought we'd gone to a Levellers gig!

Last time i went to Warwick Arts Centre, it *was* for a Levellers gig! :luxhello:

Used to be a student there too, good days :thumb:

Kieran_Burns 04 March 2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 9264342)
Last time i went to Warwick Arts Centre, it *was* for a Levellers gig! :luxhello:

Used to be a student there too, good days :thumb:

HUGE campus! I love how they have a low cost shop on-site :D

Steve_PPP 04 March 2010 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 9264353)
HUGE campus! I love how they have a low cost shop on-site :D

yep, awesome campus. lived there for a year, then a few miles up the road for 2 more years.

top uni :thumb: