ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I may still be asleep (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/819500-i-may-still-be-asleep.html)

Kieran_Burns 02 March 2010 05:36 PM

I may still be asleep

This morning I got woken by my alarm, and did the usual half awake rolling over to turn it off thing.

Only before I got to turn it off; the alarm went off and woke me up.

A little dazed and confused by this, I looked around, rolled over and tur.... the alarm went off and woke me up

Errr.... the radio is on now, and I'm looking around at the dark roo.... then the alarm went off and woke me up.

I'm now lying on my back looking up at the ceiling and had a lucid dream about being asleep and then the DAMN ALARM WENT OFF.

I've not been woken up yet and had a full day at work, so I think the last one was genuine.... :confused: It was very loud and clear and sounded very different to all the other ones.

So are you lot real or the result of my deranged imagination?

alcazar 02 March 2010 06:07 PM

Been there bought the t-shirt. I've dreamed my alarm was going off, woken, only to hear it start seconds later.
I've also dreamed I was in an old fire engine, complete with bell, woken, and the alarm, complete with bell, went off seconds later.

Can't explain it, something to do with deja vu?

Kieran_Burns 02 March 2010 06:09 PM

I do lucid dream quite alot and have the full colour surround sound experience... one time I woke up, had breakfast, watched tv, had a shower, got ready for work, stepped out the door... and woke up.

That did my crust for the whole day. I kept expecting to wake up :D

SwissTony 02 March 2010 06:16 PM

Kids

Just say NO to drugs !!!
:lol1:

DCI Gene Hunt 02 March 2010 06:24 PM

Sounds like the advanced stages of a brain tumour!

dpb 02 March 2010 06:28 PM

i coulndt take being a moderater mysel :(

DCI Gene Hunt 02 March 2010 06:29 PM

All that day dreaming is enough to tire anyone out :(

DYK 02 March 2010 06:51 PM

I been drooling in my sleep lately,horrible waking up to a soggy pillow and a wet cheek,hasn't happened the last couple nights though so think i normal again....:sleep:

SwissTony 02 March 2010 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 9259961)
I been drooling in my sleep lately,horrible waking up to a soggy pillow and a wet cheek

Either there is a dog in the bed with you or there seems to be some excessive wanking going on :D

Butty 02 March 2010 08:38 PM

"I got you babe"

https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...-day-clock.jpg

Kieran_Burns 02 March 2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Butty (Post 9260309)

and I was scraping ice off the car this morning, just like yesterday.

Hang on... I was meant to pick up a new car while mine was in the garage yesterday and... I still had my car on the drive this morning.

Ooooohhhhh feck. :Suspiciou

ChrisB 02 March 2010 08:45 PM

You folks should think yourself lucky. I was asleep the other night and my misses suddenly rolled over and head butted me. Feck me did that smart :freak3:

BOB.T 02 March 2010 10:51 PM

Crikey, I nearly posted about dreaming about my alarm going off! I've done it three times in a week or so! This morning I woke up just before my phone did a full battery beep thing! :Suspiciou

ALi-B 02 March 2010 11:14 PM

Done that:

I dreamt that I'm in bed and I hear my car alarm is going off;

I wake up, and my car alarm is going off.

I get up, reset it, go back to bed and back to sleep.

Then I dream that I'm in bed and my car alarm is going off....

I wake up, and my car alarm IS going off.

Repeat ad-infnitum until the morning. That wasn't a good night's sleep. :freak3:

what would scooby do 02 March 2010 11:24 PM

I have had sleep paralysis a few times and it is kinda scary but awesome at the same time..

"the paralysis state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[8] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations.[7] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects (often described as looking distinctly demonic by those who experience the paralysis)[citation needed] may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.[9] A study by Susan Blackmore and Marcus Cox (the Blackmore-Cox study) of the University of the West of England supports the suggestion that reports of alien abductions are related to sleep paralysis rather than to temporal lobe lability"

OH HAPPY DAYS :D

ALi-B 03 March 2010 12:03 AM

Apparently I also respond if someone talks to me when I'm asleep :cuckoo: Yes, my ex would talk to me about what we would do today, or ask me to do something and I'd answer back with a seemingly well reasoned response.

I then wake up, and then go about my business. Totally ignorant to the fact I'd just agreed to take her clothes shopping today. :eek: :mad:

Yup, took a while before I figured out what the hell was happening.

BOB.T 03 March 2010 12:14 AM

I once woke up with my arms folded but face down, both arms having gone numb! I couldn't even roll over never mind get up! :D

Butty 03 March 2010 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9260972)
Yes, my ex would talk to me about what we would do today, or ask me to do something and I'd answer back with a seemingly well reasoned response.

My wife says I do that to her, but when awake :D

windyboy 03 March 2010 11:55 AM

I woke up this morning at hit the snooze button as normal, then woke up a while later when it went off again and snoozed it again, I then woke a wee while later and thought it hadn't gone off so I'd slept in but luckily it just hadn't went off yet, but I had a few panicy seconds trying to find out what time it was then the pleasure of going back to sleep for another 10 minutes.

windyboy

Jay m A 03 March 2010 12:29 PM

Try having a dream that you can't get to sleep, takes a while to work that one out!

M4RKG 03 March 2010 03:28 PM

Best thing by far is defo when you're half asleep and your brain suddenly decides that you should be awake... honestly, am suprised wor lass didnt finish me 1st few times we slept together like, me jumping about like a fookin idiot under the sheets!

Scoobychick 03 March 2010 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jay m A (Post 9261518)
Try having a dream that you can't get to sleep, takes a while to work that one out!

I have those! Trouble is I feel like I haven't slept when I wake up after one :freak3:

NotoriousREV 03 March 2010 04:21 PM

I quite often get woken up by dreaming my phone has got a text message . Bloody annoying.