ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   This made me laugh ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/819238-this-made-me-laugh.html)

dunx 01 March 2010 03:34 PM

This made me laugh !

The overdraft generation: With more of us than ever in the red, LIZ JONES comes clean about her own debt mountain | Mail Online

And I worried about my £18 electricity bill this morning !

:lol1:

dunx

P.S. Why didn't we let these dumb fk'rs go down with the banks ?

Jamie 01 March 2010 03:39 PM

lack of sex, facial hair, grey roots, plastic surgery? Sort the chin out ffs.

The Zohan 01 March 2010 03:48 PM

Hmm, Chances are she earns around £85K+ per annum, even so thats a lot of debt.

Camoscooby 01 March 2010 03:52 PM

Reading that has definately made me feel better:)

stilover 01 March 2010 03:55 PM

She has become the victim of the "Billy Big Blollox" Syndrome.

Nice big house mortgaged up to the hilt, just so she can brag "My house cost "X" amount, while not actually being able to afford to pay it, thus having to use credit cards just to eat.

She could sort out all her debt in one move. Sell the fcuking house. But that probably wouldn't work, as it's probably worth less now than what she paid for it. Another side effect of "Billy Big Bollox" Syndrome is/was thinking house prices will always go up, thus having a mind set of "I'm rich" and spending more money that you don't actually have. A big house worth "X" amount needs a 50" Plasma in the living room and an X5 on the driveway.

Lily The Beige 01 March 2010 04:02 PM

Ha! I love the way she blames the fashion industry for her overdraft when it sounds as if (I never normally read The Mail, won't allow it in the house) she earns a living writing about what we Ladies ought to over spend our hard earned on this month so we are "on trend" or "hot" or what ever we are supposed to be this month. :brickwall Stoopid girl

Dedrater 01 March 2010 07:04 PM

Learn to save. I am going to put 10 per cent of my money into the highest earning account I can find: contact an independent financial adviser, whose job it is to point you and your hard-earned money in the right direction
How stupid is this statement. Interest on her Natwest is 12.73%, so how can it be a good idea to try and save 10% of her earnings.

stilover 01 March 2010 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 9257711)
How stupid is this statement. Interest on her Natwest is 12.73%, so how can it be a good idea to try and save 10% of her earnings.

Very. Hence why she's in such a mess, the fcuking idiot.

NotoriousREV 01 March 2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 9257711)

The first rule of saving is don't bother until you've cleared all your debts.

Leslie 02 March 2010 10:52 AM

I was taught to save to be able to buy anything right from when I was a child. I have never lost the habit and could not bear having an enormous debt on the plastic.

You waste an awful lot of money when in debt. I don't think it is worth it.

I was happy enough about the mortgage of course, but in those days it was tailored to my income so was able to manage well enough.

Les

stilover 02 March 2010 11:05 AM

The only debt I have is on 0%. Might as well take full advantage of the money being in my account earning 0.1% :freak3:

Interest rate were better when I got the 0% rate though.

SJ_Skyline 02 March 2010 11:35 AM

Case and point that you shouldn't live beyond your means.

I blame Now magazine :mad:

tathan 02 March 2010 11:43 AM

I'd imagine she could comfortably pay that all back in a couple of years if she put her mind to it and stopped buying ****.

The article kind of misses the point of most people's debt problems, in that a lot of people have made bad or rash decisions and have got in a pickle that's hard to extricate themselves from, whereas she could - she just chooses not to.