ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   MOT and insurance dodge ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/818923-mot-and-insurance-dodge.html)

corradoboy 27 February 2010 09:57 PM

MOT and insurance dodge ??

A work colleague has just told me of a possible loophole in the law which allows the use of a vehicle on the public highway without an MOT or insurance. Our company employs many migrant workers, and when teasing one (Iraqi) about the state of his car, an old Rover 45 with rust holes in the sills and arches, about how it shouldn't have an MOT, the owner admitted it doesn't, and nor is it insured. He was confident that because he uses the vehicle to transport a number of colleagues to and from a place of employment, that it doesn't need a current MOT or valid insurance ! Is there any truth in this ?

Jamo 27 February 2010 09:59 PM

report him to the police and see if they do anything about it ;)

pjsprojects 27 February 2010 10:00 PM

Lol, no chance!

Sorry but its people like that which help make our motoring more expensive!!!

JonMc 27 February 2010 10:01 PM

I doubt it, probably more to do with the fact that being and immigrant they are above the law - good old, I mean New, Labour:brickwall

corradoboy 27 February 2010 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973 (Post 9254018)

That was my first reaction too :thumb:

Some details here, but it doesn't really cover what I described above.....

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_065277.pdf

Steve vRS 27 February 2010 10:04 PM

Don't blame the immigrants, plenty of British third gen dole boys believe this too.

Steve

JonMc 27 February 2010 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Steve vRS (Post 9254035)
Don't blame the immigrants, plenty of British third gen dole boys believe this too.

Steve

True, hard-working citizens are the only people who can be dealt with by the law as no one else can afford to line the government's pockets:Whatever_

DYK 27 February 2010 10:15 PM

Had to pay my tax disc this morning,shoot the fooker :thumb:

nick172sport 27 February 2010 10:20 PM

i thought all foreign plate cars eastern european dont have insurance tax or mot and the police cant be bothered

sarasquares 27 February 2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9254012)
A work colleague has just told me of a possible loophole in the law which allows the use of a vehicle on the public highway without an MOT or insurance. Our company employs many migrant workers, and when teasing one (Iraqi) about the state of his car, an old Rover 45 with rust holes in the sills and arches, about how it shouldn't have an MOT, the owner admitted it doesn't, and nor is it insured. He was confident that because he uses the vehicle to transport a number of colleagues to and from a place of employment, that it doesn't need a current MOT or valid insurance ! Is there any truth in this ?

What amazes me is the fact that you needed to ask in the first place. :lol1:

The Dogs B******s 27 February 2010 10:33 PM

Just shoot him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,srounging scum

kingofturds 27 February 2010 10:35 PM

Sack the fooker, my mate was hit by an uninsured driver. The cheeky git tried to drive off. When that failed he just lit up a cigarette and said "no speaky English".

The Dogs B******s 27 February 2010 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9254124)
Sack the fooker, my mate was hit by an uninsured driver. The cheeky git tried to drive off. When that failed he just lit up a cigarette and said "no speaky English".

"no speaky English",,,,,,,,,,,,Then we'll send you back to your shithole,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad:

kingofturds 27 February 2010 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 9254135)
"no speaky English",,,,,,,,,,,,Then we'll send you back to your shithole,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad:

The guy spoke perfect English I worked with him he was just trying it on with the police. Car was a deathtrap as well. His tyres were down to the metal, so he went to the scrapyard and replaced them with more illegal tyres albeit not down to the metal:freak3:

The Dogs B******s 27 February 2010 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9254163)
The guy spoke perfect English I worked with him he was just trying it on with the police. Car was a deathtrap as well. His tyres were down to the metal, so he went to the scrapyard and replaced them with more illegal tyres albeit not down to the metal:freak3:

I still stick with my post
:D

The Zohan 28 February 2010 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9254012)

This POS comes to this country and a migrant/refugee, 'we' allow him in - if Iraqi then likely an asylum seeker and he breaks our laws and rules - he has no excuses!

So this POS drives about in a rusty car with no MOT or Insurance, he breaks the laws of the land and thinks it is OK.

eventually this POS will have an accident and let's hope he does not kill anybody else, and of corse the rest of us will foot the bill - this seems fair.

Lets just ask a question that i already think i know the answer to
Does the POS have a UK driving licence?

Report the POS and hoefully the UKBA will deport the cnut and his passengers before they kill or injure someone!

superstar1 28 February 2010 07:00 PM

We all know this goes on yet the police turn a blind eye, and he wouldn't be a work colleague of mine for very long

Leslie 01 March 2010 12:10 PM

That really is a worry, if the coppers turn a blind eye that is very irresponsible. Surely that comes under protecting the general public, or don't they have to do that any more?

Les :(

scoobeenut 01 March 2010 12:43 PM

Well I assume that we are all owners of well maintained and much loved cars on this forum, so its exactly these type of people we don't want on the road. We are the ones that have the heartache and expense when one of these uninsured drivers crashes into us.

urban 01 March 2010 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy1973 (Post 9254018)

He should be treated in the very same way we would for illegal tyres/no MOT

But I bet the fact that he's an "import" gets him off without penalty

Clearly this ball bag thinks he's above UK law or it doesn't actually apply to him in the first place.

Sad fcuking state of affairs really.

urban 01 March 2010 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 9255517)
This POS comes to this country and a migrant/refugee, 'we' allow him in - if Iraqi then likely an asylum seeker and he breaks our laws and rules - he has no excuses!

So this POS drives about in a rusty car with no MOT or Insurance, he breaks the laws of the land and thinks it is OK.

eventually this POS will have an accident and let's hope he does not kill anybody else, and of corse the rest of us will foot the bill - this seems fair.

Lets just ask a question that i already think i know the answer to
Does the POS have a UK driving licence?

Report the POS and hoefully the UKBA will deport the cnut and his passengers before they kill or injure someone!

Better solution - they'll have to do something.
Then that'll be one less scrounging around
Plus maybe his mates will get worried and they'll piss off too

dunx 01 March 2010 03:43 PM

Knowing how close you work to the local "plod"....

A simple reg. no. should suffice !

dunx

P.S. Why are people employing these scrotes ? Uh, they are cheap ?

r32 01 March 2010 05:38 PM

I presume the car is UK registered?
I know that many eastern europeans with cars registered in their own homeland dont have any tax, insurance etc etc in their homeland. They think its a great thing, only have to put in fuel, cheap motoring.
Seems that the bill havent got a clue so they leave foreign registered vehicles alone.

ScoobyWon't 01 March 2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by superstar1 (Post 9255546)
We all know this goes on yet the police turn a blind eye

Tell that to Vladimir who was in custody last night. He was brought in for drink driving, kept acting like he didn't care and he'd carry on drink driving once he was out.

You should have seen his face when he returned from being photographed and giving his DNA, only to be told by the custody Sgt that he was an illegal immigrant and would be staying with us until collected for deportation :lol1:

rifleman 01 March 2010 05:46 PM

bollocks let me at them...
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...y/DSCF0233.jpg

The Zohan 01 March 2010 05:56 PM

What Pistol is that?

Back in 'my day' it was a Browning Hi Power and that looks suspiciously like one to me, only a nice shiney new one still with all of it's parkerisation:)

rifleman 01 March 2010 06:10 PM

still using brownings.
we had brand new ones to play with along with some lsw's

71/200 01 March 2010 06:10 PM

He would probably miss!

Loggy TRF on the smock, im sure he would have good fun practising and it would save alot of patches and paste lol

corradoboy 01 March 2010 06:41 PM

I asked the guy that told me about this issue to provide me with the details of the car, but it transpires that we have now stopped employing migrant workers. Shame, I'd have liked to dob him in :D

rifleman 01 March 2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by 71/200 (Post 9257556)
He would probably miss!

Loggy TRF on the smock, im sure he would have good fun practising and it would save alot of patches and paste lol

just transfered to rlc as driver from rifles so belive me i can shoot.:nono: