ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Chris Knott good but Adrian Flux better (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/81866-chris-knott-good-but-adrian-flux-better.html)

matt b 23 March 2002 11:21 AM

MY99,PPP,de-cat, ap brakes, 31yrs FNCB,no claims/accidents, vehicle parked on road, 6 points.

Chris Knott- £820 (with Loyds syndicate- to be avoided if poss IMHO)
Adriann Flux- £754 (Royal Sun Alliance)

Both with £300 excess.

Amazing how much you can save with a couple of phone calls. Chris Knotts quote was bloody good so Flux's is excellent. v happy

Flux number 08700 777888

ScoobyJawa 25 March 2002 11:38 AM

Yep - Flux would have beaten my price from CK as I was an existing customer and they will beat any price. However, I would not renew with them and went with CK. Flux are cheap but you get what you pay for. Very rarely did I have a less than 10 minute phone call from being on hold and each time was transferred about 3 times before getting the right person to talk to. Numerous other things too.

I was also underwritten by RSA and their policy is scored on points for modifications. With my full exhaust, ITG, Eibachs and 17s I had hardly any points left to add anything else - CK were far more accommodating.

Flux renewal 745 and 450 excess. CK 737 and 350 excess.

matt b 26 March 2002 04:08 PM

Youre right mate- a small saving is not worth loads of hassle. ive never used Flux before so we'll have to see. Did use Bennetts for a fiat coupe 20v turbo and they were sh*te.
As it was the saving was substantial and ive done ALL my mods now (honest!). thanks for the warning anyway.
My tip with these people is to always make a point of taking down the name of the operator

ScoobyJawa 26 March 2002 04:34 PM

Totally agree re the operator. I think Insurance is really swings and roundabouts. :rolleyes:

Having said that above I'm already having fun with Chris Knott [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[Edited by ScoobyJawa - 3/26/2002 4:35:21 PM]

matt.bowey 27 March 2002 08:02 AM

There are some really bad reports of Flux on here!! Have a look at my thread " Adrian Flux, any good" posted in January! It put me off!!

TaviaRS 27 March 2002 08:07 AM

Well, I just got mine from Chris Knott. I'm impressed, saved me nearly £300! So i'm a happy bunny.

alistair 31 March 2002 09:18 PM

I'd never use Flux again - just not worth the hassle regardless of price.

I've had several registered letters from them threatening to cancel my insurance because of stuff that was their fault - like filing my stuff in the wrong place.

The best bit was getting a letter from them 6 months in to my policy asking me to fill in ALL the forms again as they had lost them !!! I mean everything, the proposal, modifications declaration, immobiliser questions, copies of driving licences, everything !

They are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with about anything let alone insurance.

My advice is don't ...................

matt b 01 April 2002 03:51 PM

Mmm thanks for that guys. Guess i should have checked the old threads first.
I will soon know all about their customer service or lack of as three days into my policy ive just had a no-fault accident (see other thread). i will report my findings.