ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   unmarked police car (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/818572-unmarked-police-car.html)

wordy 26 February 2010 12:04 AM

unmarked police car

I over took a car it was heavy rain at night on the A1. It then started to increase speed to keep up. I floored it. b4 I knew it I was well over the speed limit.
I then got clear and a car got in between me and the other car.
I then got a bit of distance. I then looked in my view mirror and noticed a blue light and flashing headlights. I immediatly slowed down to 70.
I pulled over thinking this is it its a fair cop.
The car sped past me and did not stop.
I did glance over and notice it was the car I overtook which was an unmarked police car
It then came off at a slip road up round and back on the opposite carrige with blue lights still blazing.
My question is can I be prosecuted with out being stopped?
Would a camera detect my plate with heavy spray?
Do the police need to stop you and caution you for the speeding offence or can they just prosocute you with video evidence if any?
Do you think I have been lucky?

Steve001 26 February 2010 12:16 AM

sounds like you were lucky, they prob had an urgent call elsewhere or just giving you a friendly warning :)

had a play with some volvo t5's a couple of years ago on the m6 i was behind and as the speed increased, not mad speeds about 85-90. but then the police notice popped up from the parcel shelf and the driver just waved his index finger, i backed off and they sped off.

point is, not all cops are as bad as you think, most traffic cops are petrolheads at heart :)

having said that, i hope you dont get an n.i.p in the next few days :(

dont worry about it

Saalro 26 February 2010 12:30 AM

Yeah sounds like you'll be fine!

Sam

bazzabugs 26 February 2010 12:40 AM

Just to scare you i would think
I had the same thing on the A30 with an Jag 2 blokes sat next to me at the light edged forward as the lights changed they floored it so did aswell i got over the speed limit.They pulled beside me and held a board up and the badge and said be careful next time.

Silver Angel 26 February 2010 12:51 AM

some cops ok - theres a stretch of totally straight rd near me which is national speed limit and 1 day i was having a play on it - didnt see the cops further down the rd pulled up in a layby until it was too late and then of course i slowed down , they could have had me but just waved a finger at me and let me go

midnight 26 February 2010 01:02 AM

No mate you will be fine ,cant see a notice of intended prosecution (nip) coming to your door. Blasted away from a black hawkeye sti(unmarked) shortly after xmas,when i didnt see him coming after me ,eased off the gas.About 40 seconds later came flying down the bypass over 120 mph(with an unmarked R32 in tow ) straight past me sirens & lights going ,never stopped me.

Steve001 26 February 2010 01:50 AM

some are really decent blokes :) even had a 'scooby' wave off a couple :D

Dazza9t9 26 February 2010 09:54 AM

I think you will be ok. Like already said they prob got an urgent call else were.

Also like said, not all coppers are w**kers.

Infact I know of a few coppers with scoobys.. some of which are on here! Lol

cster 26 February 2010 10:24 AM

Quite often, they have more important things to deal with.
So maybe you were lucky?