ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Tendulkar, the greatest crickiter in history. (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/818398-tendulkar-the-greatest-crickiter-in-history.html)

rickya 25 February 2010 08:51 AM

Tendulkar, the greatest crickiter in history.

NASSER HUSSAIN: Mighty Sachin Tendulkar even tops Lara, Ponting and The Don! | Mail Online

First double century in one day international now added to his cricketing records.

:thumb:

Funkii Munkii 25 February 2010 11:27 AM

Always a hard one but you could be right.

4 tons in his last 4 tests as well, all that at 36 ! the little prince certainly is a living legend, and I dont use that word lightly.

Milamber 25 February 2010 01:29 PM

That is an amazing feat isn't it :notworthy:notworthy

Milamber 25 February 2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9248362)
4 tons in his last 4 tests as well, all that at 36 !

Ian Bell is only 28 do you think he'll mature in the same fashion :lol1:

Funkii Munkii 25 February 2010 09:17 PM

Oh without a shadow of a doubt :lol1:

Bravo2zero_sps 27 February 2010 09:19 PM

The problem is the majority of his major achievements have been on flat as a pancake home pitches. I'm not doubting he is a top batsman but India's pitches are ridiculous for batting on and he bats on them more than anyone else being his home grounds. I've always thought of him up there with the best but too much is being made of his double hundred in that game, it couldn't have been a more lifeless pitch.

Milamber 28 February 2010 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9253908)
The problem is the majority of his major achievements have been on flat as a pancake pitches.

Are we still talking about Bell :lol1:

ash1 28 February 2010 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9253908)
The problem is the majority of his major achievements have been on flat as a pancake home pitches. I'm not doubting he is a top batsman but India's pitches are ridiculous for batting on and he bats on them more than anyone else being his home grounds. I've always thought of him up there with the best but too much is being made of his double hundred in that game, it couldn't have been a more lifeless pitch.

yeah, thats why everyone is scoring tons and double tons on them. great analysis.

Bravo2zero_sps 28 February 2010 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by ash1 (Post 9255267)
yeah, thats why everyone is scoring tons and double tons on them. great analysis.

Go look at the runs scored in India over the year compared to the rest of the World and i'll think you will find they have some of the games highest scores in test and odii so plenty of players scoring highly on Indian pitches :rolleyes:

ash1 01 March 2010 12:26 PM

has to be the best cricketer of all time, i remember seeing him play at Headingley scoring 183.

no flat pitch and plenty of movement due to conditions. his range of shots and timing is beyond belief.

Bravo2zero_sps 01 March 2010 01:34 PM

I don't dispute that but I don't think it is clear cut he is the best ever. I think he is way better than Lara however as much as it pains me to say it as I can't stand him, I think Ponting is one of the most dangerous and difficult batsmen to play against, certainly for England.

My top 5 are:

D.Bradman (never seen any footage but history/stats dictates he has to be there)
V.Richards
B.Lara
S.Tendulkar
R.Ponting

What order those 5 should be in is the big debate and I don't know how it can be decided one way or another, it boils down to opinion more than anything.