ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Thanks to GazTheHat (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/817437-thanks-to-gazthehat.html)

bob r 20 February 2010 07:56 PM

Thanks to GazTheHat

I have managed to prize Gaz's STI from his grasp and I am the new owner.:luxhello:

It's an awesome car and I will put up some pics in due course.

Gutted I am on nightshift as I can't have a good rummage round around it or give it a clean but driving it is is magic.

Thanks Gaz.:thumb:

53 20 February 2010 07:59 PM

Horn works well:D

GazTheHat 20 February 2010 10:16 PM

Nice to meet you Bob. :thumb:

Glad you're enjoying the car. Was hard for me to let go of the keys. And i'm still suffering now, from the amount i drank yesterday to drown my sorrows. :freak3:

I've been playing the drive-by videos we made non-stop. It sounds awesome, i'll miss her. :cry::cry::cry: I can post up the videos if you want.

You got it for a steal. ;)

Enjoy it mate.

(Yes 53, i was quick to show off the horns) :D

53 20 February 2010 10:20 PM

Two cars I remember well in Snet posting history are Bobs old New age and yours Gaz.:notworthy I'd like to see the vids:D

bob r 20 February 2010 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 9238223)
Nice to meet you Bob. :thumb:

Glad you're enjoying the car. Was hard for me to let go of the keys. And i'm still suffering now, from the amount i drank yesterday to drown my sorrows. :freak3:

I've been playing the drive-by videos we made non-stop. It sounds awesome, i'll miss her. :cry::cry::cry: I can post up the videos if you want.

You got it for a steal. ;)

Enjoy it mate.

(Yes 53, i was quick to show off the horns) :D

Put the vids up by all means Gaz.:thumb:

GazTheHat 20 February 2010 10:24 PM

Thanks mate. I'll miss it for sure! The hastle i had to buy the car, the ear ache i went through with all the mods ("You spent how much? On what??) :) I doubt i'll ever have a car like that again. :(

The camera is pretty sh!t, but you get the idea. I'll post them if Bob doesn't mind. I'd never really heard the car from the outside (Never let anyone drive it :D ), so was nice to hear it.

GazTheHat 20 February 2010 10:24 PM

Coming up... :D

GazTheHat 20 February 2010 10:25 PM

My fav, my own little rally beastie...

DSCN4502.flv video by GazTheHat - Photobucket

GazTheHat 20 February 2010 10:27 PM

Sounds like Predator is behind me at the start. And notice the anti-hijack in effect on the way past ;)

DSCN4503.flv video by GazTheHat - Photobucket

53 20 February 2010 10:34 PM

I can't believe you sold it tbh !

GazTheHat 20 February 2010 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 9238281)
I can't believe you sold it tbh !

I didn't want to, but knew i had to really. Had been putting it off for over a year, still spending £k's on it. I kinda wish i wouldn't of seen Bob's post and sent him a PM. :freak3:

Even considered selling a Kidney to keep it :D

I wanted a SN home for it though and Bob will look after her. Is it a Forged 2.5 and MD321V or a 2.1 Stroker & S206 next then Bob?!? :norty:

mervil 20 February 2010 10:49 PM

Gutted you had to sell Gaz :( She was a beaut :thumb: (and still is for Bob ;) )

stann01 21 February 2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by GazTheHat (Post 9238260)
Sounds like Predator is behind me at the start. And notice the anti-hijack in effect on the way past ;)

DSCN4503.flv video by GazTheHat - Photobucket

sounds feffin lovely :luvlove:

i had mine running when puttin van away at work yesterday, my mate jumped in and gave her a few little blips on the throttle..... awesome!!!

just never tire of hearing the burble ;)

dunx 21 February 2010 10:22 AM

Is it really that loud ? :eek:

So your neighbours must be glad it's gone..... ;)

Sorry, does sound wicked. Mine's lost it's burble....

dunx

B0DSKI 21 February 2010 11:54 AM

Gutted or ya Gaz :(

What's next???

beef-on-the-bone 21 February 2010 12:18 PM

can't believe the noise, must be miles away and there is no loss in volume!!!

bob r 21 February 2010 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by beef-on-the-bone (Post 9239054)
can't believe the noise, must be miles away and there is no loss in volume!!!

Ticks over fairly quiet though.;)

GazTheHat 22 February 2010 11:59 AM

It was noisey, but sounded lovely. Just how i wanted it. Those bangs were just on over-run, you should hear it when hot and provoked with light throttle. :D

Have you tried the bung yet? It did make a difference. I never used it though :)

GazTheHat 22 February 2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by B0DSKI (Post 9238986)
Gutted or ya Gaz :(

What's next???

I'd love to say a forged Spec C RA, but alas, nothing. I wouldn't of replaced the car for anything. I would've just continued to mod it. Was perfect for me. :luvlove:

Maybe a £500 banger. Had to sell to settle the divorce debts etc. :mad:

GazTheHat 22 February 2010 12:11 PM

I have asked for first refusal if/when for sale, by which point i should be back on my feet.

I'd take it back in flash.