ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/)
-   -   big thanks again Mr Carr (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/817275-big-thanks-again-mr-carr.html)

tweaks 20 February 2010 01:05 AM

big thanks again Mr Carr

well as some of you know i went to see Andrew Carr on Friday to check my map after our day at RS tuning,and had quite a morning.
first of all got stuck on m62 for 2 1/2 hours because of an accident then when i arrived at Andrew's and got all the tackle on the car we set off to a nearby by-pass steady away in traffic (about 50mph) and BANG......... everything went dark in the car i crapped my pants (pretty sure Andy did aswell:lol1:) because the bonnet flew up and wrapped itself round the windscreen and roof.
so my nice new ally facelift bonnet is fooked and i've got a couple of nice dents in the roof,but never mind managed to stop without hitting anything and no one hitting us.
mauled the bonnet back something like,slammed it shut and carried on regardless.checked the map on the road and all was ok so off we went to the dyno..........

will post graphs up when i get chance,off to get some much needed sleep now.

thanks again to Andrew top bloke,top service and always more than happy to answer my thousand and one questions :thumb::thumb:

Tim

carl swailes 20 February 2010 08:14 AM

Sorry to here about the bonnet. Hope you had a smile on your face after you had finished your eventful day. hope you got what you was hoping for

AndrewC 20 February 2010 09:02 AM

It's never a boring day when Tim visits me, I think it's fair to say we all learned something ;)

bigarf 20 February 2010 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by AndrewC (Post 9236526)
It's never a boring day when Tim visits me, I think it's fair to say we all learned something ;)

like how to drive down the road with a bonnet in your face.dont worry about it tim you have a long way to go before you catch up to my long list of things gone wrong.hope ya get it sorted soon matey.

carl swailes 20 February 2010 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by bigarf (Post 9236771)
like how to drive down the road with a bonnet in your face.dont worry about it tim you have a long way to go before you catch up to my long list of things gone wrong.hope ya get it sorted soon matey.

:wonder:How's your project coming along have not heard for a while

dunx 20 February 2010 01:46 PM

I'm still chewing a lump of granite away with a teaspoon to finish his new block.....

Sorry Arf !

dunx

tweaks 20 February 2010 01:51 PM

pre facelift back on for now !!!!

carl swailes 20 February 2010 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 9237092)
I'm still chewing a lump of granite away with a teaspoon to finish his new block.....

Sorry Arf !

dunx

Get up there and give him a hand dunx :lol:

coops78 20 February 2010 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by AndrewC (Post 9236526)

It certainly sounded like it when i spoke to Tim last night:thumb:

Looking forward to seeing the graphs;)

tweaks 20 February 2010 04:04 PM

will post them tonight,the outlaws are here now,just arrived from southampton so our lass is giving me the 'look of death' for being on here at the moment :razz:

Tim

coops78 20 February 2010 04:07 PM

I used to get that look from r lass to mate:lol1:

bigarf 20 February 2010 07:33 PM

ive had the look of death from are lass for the past 2 years mate.she has told me enough is enough,its either the car or her,so al be pakking me stuff soon to move back in with me mam.

bigarf 20 February 2010 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by carl swailes (Post 9237087)
:wonder:How's your project coming along have not heard for a while

if you meen the wagon its up and running just waiting to see what i am doing with it(keeping or selling).if you meen the sti then i dont think that will ever see the light of day ever again mate.

tweaks 20 February 2010 07:47 PM

it will...........

it has to after all this ;)

bigarf 20 February 2010 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by tweaks (Post 9237870)
it will...........

it has to after all this ;)

hey what you doing back on here,go on get off and entertain the inlaws or you will be for it.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n.../smilies-1.gif

tweaks 21 February 2010 12:19 AM

ok,without further delay the graph...................

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/w...ynopreston.jpg

so after rs tuning i knew something wasn't right somewhere thats why i went to see Andy and run the car with him there.
i didn't make the numbers i was expecting but there is a good reason for this.

as you can see from the graph all is going well upto about 6000rpm then it starts to lose power,the car is being 'strangled' or 'choked' by a number of restrictions in my set up mainly induction and exhaust restrictions i have talked about with Andy and shall be sorted soon.
still this is what i wanted to find out and now i know i must say i am quite pleased especially as it's a 16 year old standard v1 wrx engine.
i'm also rather pleased with the torque figure.
probably makes a bit more on the road as that is where it was mapped but it's pretty impossible to get a 'true' on road figure.from the information the dyno has given us and the future work planned i should reach my target figure and be a happy bunny for a bit,it's somewhere near now but the car is still not right as it should be making peak power after 6000rpm.

i'll do what it needs and return to the same dyno again for a comparison.

to some this my well be seen as 'pub talk' but i think everybody who spends money on modifications to reach a certain number would like to see somewhere near this number give or take a bit,or why would we even bother:cuckoo:

Tim:thumb:

carl swailes 21 February 2010 09:25 AM

some nice figure's there tweak all the time and money looks like it has paid off well done
Bet you cant wait to get it on a track :thumb:

FroSt1 21 February 2010 09:30 AM

Nice one Tweaks, take no notice of people who don't like "numbers" it's usually cos they can't do it or aren't allowed:norty:
We have to live up to the bigger power by driving even better:D:thumb:
Mines on rollers tomorrow all being well:lol1:

coops78 21 February 2010 10:11 AM

Nice graph mate, i see what you mean about the line nearly going vertical when it comes on boost:cool:

Now i can understand why mine felt so slow after going out in yours :lol1:

tweaks 21 February 2010 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by bigarf (Post 9238200)
hey what you doing back on here,go on get off and entertain the inlaws or you will be for it.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n.../smilies-1.gif

haha,sneaked on while she was in kitchen with her mam :lol1::lol1:

tweaks 21 February 2010 11:44 AM

should be some more to come in next couple of months,want it right before scooby sprint whenever thats starting ???

Tim

tweaks 21 February 2010 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by FroSt1 (Post 9238627)
Nice one Tweaks, take no notice of people who don't like "numbers" it's usually cos they can't do it or aren't allowed:norty:
We have to live up to the bigger power by driving even better:D:thumb:
Mines on rollers tomorrow all being well:lol1:

good look on the dyno frosty (aet ???)
Andrew said your car went quite well after sorting the injector problem out :thumb:

Tim

FroSt1 21 February 2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by tweaks (Post 9238974)
good look on the dyno frosty (aet ???)
Andrew said your car went quite well after sorting the injector problem out :thumb:

Tim

AET yes, always go there, you know exactly what yer gettin:thumb:

tweaks 21 February 2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by coops78 (Post 9238717)
Nice graph mate, i see what you mean about the line nearly going vertical when it comes on boost:cool:

Now i can understand why mine felt so slow after going out in yours :lol1:

have to take you for a spin when it's not like a monsoon :lol1::lol1:

carl: looking forward to giving it some stick :D just rather sort these couple of issues out first :thumb:

bigarf 21 February 2010 02:41 PM

she sure does climb well when on boost,get them little niggles sorted out for that extra top end and am sure you will see the power you are wanting from her.then when you reach that power i will give you about 2 week before you are out looking for more.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...0/msn_wink.gif

FroSt1 21 February 2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by bigarf (Post 9239321)
she sure does climb well when on boost,get them little niggles sorted out for that extra top end and am sure you will see the power you are wanting from her.then when you reach that power i will give you about 2 week before you are out looking for more.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...0/msn_wink.gif

Imagine that Arf, 2 whole weeks:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::thumb:

tweaks 21 February 2010 03:15 PM

more and more and more .....................................

gearbox's :lol1::lol1::lol1:

i'll give you a buzz this week big guy :thumb:

bigarf 21 February 2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by FroSt1 (Post 9239376)
Imagine that Arf, 2 whole weeks:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::thumb:

yeahyeah i can only imagine what a whole 2 weeks must feel like behind the wheel.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...00/smilies.jpg