ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Trader Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/)
-   -   Reconditioned Subaru 4 pot calipers (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/817195-reconditioned-subaru-4-pot-calipers.html)

Godspeed Brakes 19 February 2010 07:04 PM

Reconditioned Subaru 4 pot calipers

7 Attachment(s)
Although we have supplied many many reconditioned calipers lots still don't know we offer this service , The Subaru 4 pot calipers are prone to sticking and seizing , which leads to others problems including warping discs , we are seeing more and more of these calipers , and the older they are getting , the more we are seeing.

From the factory they are fitted with chrome plated mild steel pistons , and as the pistons move back and forth in the calipers , it wears the plating off , leaving a surface that rusts , which causes the pistons to seize up in the bore of the calipers.

We make our own stainless steel pistons that dont rust , so once we have worked our magic on them , they will never rust up and stick or seize again , when we get the calipers in , most are in a right state , we completely strip them down , throw all the pistons , bleed nipples and seals away , if they have been painted , we paint strip them , then bead blast them , which gets rid of all rust , dust and road muck so they come up like brand new castings , we primer them , and spray them any colour you want.

We fit brand new seals , stainless steel pistons and bleed nipples , they are fully assembled and pressure tested to make sure they are working perfectly , and will do so for years to come.

This is when we get them in , these are actually a better pair we get in lol , some look as though they have been left in the sea for years

Attachment 53842
Attachment 53843

These are our pistons and seals that we fit into the reconditioned castings

Attachment 53844
Attachment 53845

These are the finshed product , thats looks fantastic , and works perfectly being in a better than new state

Attachment 53846
Attachment 53847
Attachment 53848

We can offer this service , either you sending your calipers in for us to recondition , which takes us two full days to do , they are then sent back on a guaranteed overnight service , or we can send out a pair of calipers on an exchange basis , for you to fit or have fitted , and you send your old units back to us , the calipers you send back cannot have any damage to the calipers bodies , and all threads must be intact , and no snapped bleed nipples , on the exchange calipers , we require a deposit of £125 which is refundable once we get your calipers back in a condition we can use , any damage that can be repaired can be done , but it would be taken out of the deposit
Of all the calipers we have ever had back , we have only had 2 pairs that we couldn't use , and this was because the customers had hit them off the disc with a hammer because they were so badly seized onto the discs.

We offer this service for £229 a pair inc VAT , plus £15 P&P , and obviously the refundable deposit , and you to cover the cost of sending your old units back to us , we also offer a drive in drive out fitting service , we charge £50 to change your calipers and bleed them up

We can be contacted on 01656 723060 , email via ian@godspeedbrakes.co.uk or PM

Cheers Ian

wrxsti280 19 February 2010 10:15 PM

how much for just a set of reconditioned calipers without an exchange set??

ScoobLou 20 February 2010 01:05 PM

Do they have to be in dog knob red?:D

danny c 20 February 2010 01:16 PM

do you sell the seals,pistons etc seperate?and is it easy to fit them yourself?

Godspeed Brakes 20 February 2010 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by wrxsti280 (Post 9236044)
how much for just a set of reconditioned calipers without an exchange set??

If I have spare calipers available then yes I could , if I have more than about 8 pairs in circulation I would sell them outright , they would be £350 a pair , i'll check on the numbers I have.

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 9237029)

Only if you want dog knob red :D as mentioned above , you can have them any colour you want

Originally Posted by danny c (Post 9237045)
do you sell the seals,pistons etc seperate?and is it easy to fit them yourself?

Yes , we sell the pistons for £15 each , or £100 a set of 8 , and seal kits are £19.50 per caliper kit. They are easy enough to fit yourself , the key is making sure the calipers are clean and free of rust when fitting them

Cheers Ian

loony toon 20 February 2010 02:19 PM

how much to colour the rear calipers to match the fronts ???

ScoobLou 20 February 2010 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ian Godney (Post 9237077)
If I have spare calipers available then yes I could , if I have more than about 8 pairs in circulation I would sell them outright , they would be £350 a pair , i'll check on the numbers I have.

Only if you want dog knob red :D as mentioned above , you can have them any colour you want

Yes , we sell the pistons for £15 each , or £100 a set of 8 , and seal kits are £19.50 per caliper kit. They are easy enough to fit yourself , the key is making sure the calipers are clean and free of rust when fitting them

Cheers Ian

Opps skimmed read and missed that bit :o

Godspeed Brakes 20 February 2010 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by loony toon (Post 9237144)
how much to colour the rear calipers to match the fronts ???

We recondition the front and rear calipers for £350
Cheers Ian

mc-eksman 21 February 2010 09:21 PM

Do you sell 4 pot calipers? as I have 2 pots on my classic and want to upgrade to 4 pots.

Lee

Godspeed Brakes 22 February 2010 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by mc-eksman (Post 9240269)
Do you sell 4 pot calipers? as I have 2 pots on my classic and want to upgrade to 4 pots.

Lee

Hi
Sorry I dont have enough now to sell any outright , I need about 8 pairs in circulation for the exchange service we offer , all I can suggest is look out for a pair of cheap calipers in need of reconditioning and we can exchange them for you , look to pay about £100 for some
Cheers Ian

scooby1doo1 23 February 2010 07:53 PM

Free bump for top bloke, got my refurbs of Ian the other week and if i'm not mistaken them not to bad looking caliper look like my old ones. But if i said i refurbed them my self 6 or so months ago then there not so good anymore. But with Ian's stainless steel pistons means no rust, so save money and pay once.
If i had sent my calipers off to Ian from day one i would not need new disk after such a short time, as the rusted up pistons have warped mi disked.
I will be putting my name down on your group buy for disk and pads, as new disk and pads are needed after all Ian. Just had to folk out for a new dryer this week, so if it's still a group buy in 2 weeks i'm havin some.
Cheers

Godspeed Brakes 25 February 2010 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by scooby1doo1 (Post 9244773)
Free bump for top bloke, got my refurbs of Ian the other week and if i'm not mistaken them not to bad looking caliper look like my old ones. But if i said i refurbed them my self 6 or so months ago then there not so good anymore. But with Ian's stainless steel pistons means no rust, so save money and pay once.
If i had sent my calipers off to Ian from day one i would not need new disk after such a short time, as the rusted up pistons have warped mi disked.
I will be putting my name down on your group buy for disk and pads, as new disk and pads are needed after all Ian. Just had to folk out for a new dryer this week, so if it's still a group buy in 2 weeks i'm havin some.
Cheers

Hi
Yes the rusty calipers in the picture are your old units , now fully reconditioned and fitted to a car in Scotland !

Let me know when your ready for discs , we will be keeping the price the same for some time to come

Cheers Ian

fudumped 25 February 2010 08:31 PM

ive just bought replacement calipers for mine,

my old calipers arent to bad a bit better than the ones in the pic but they are sticking but will be for slae in a couple of days when the new ones arrive if anyones interested

thanks phil

ps would rather give ian first chance to buy as ive been pestering him for prices a few times lately

Godspeed Brakes 25 February 2010 09:37 PM

If your selling calipers in need of reconditioning , I pay £100 for them
Cheers Ian

bluedave 02 March 2010 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 9237029)

No, but they look the dogs nuts in red btw :-)

I think these pics may well be the ones Ian recently sent out to me and I'm absolutely delighted with them, just as new. I also had the godspeed 335 kit front and rear and new hoses. Finally I have the brakes to compliment the engine mods.
great products, great value and great service, Many thanks Ian !

ScoobLou 11 March 2010 01:49 PM

With the colours do you just do the one colour as I'd rather like blue with the Subaru in white, or is this extra?

Godspeed Brakes 12 March 2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 9278789)
With the colours do you just do the one colour as I'd rather like blue with the Subaru in white, or is this extra?

Hi
We can supply you calipers any colour you want , but we leave the painting the letters to the customer , its quite time consuming to do this , and you need a steady hand to get it perfect
Cheers Ian

fudumped 12 March 2010 11:33 PM

hi ian
many thanks got the calipers and for anyone whos thinking about buying there spot on perfect and glad i went for them now

will get the calipers posted asap along with your cheque

thanks again for everything

phil

BIG MAC123 01 April 2010 11:06 PM

brakes

hi there i have only got 2 pot calipers does this still apply to the message or is it only 4 pot thanks lee.

Godspeed Brakes 02 April 2010 08:04 AM

Hi
Yes I can recondition your 2 pot calipers , but can't exchange 2 pots for 4 pots , the exchange must be like for like
Cheers Ian

Godspeed Brakes 02 April 2010 08:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just to add some more calipers to see , see , they dont have to be dog nob red :D

Attachment 53849

Attachment 53850

This is the GC8 front and rears done for a P1

Attachment 53851

Cheers Ian

leecalcars 05 April 2010 07:20 PM

how much to do the rears as above they look good

Godspeed Brakes 05 April 2010 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by leecalcars (Post 9330504)
how much to do the rears as above they look good

Can do the rears only for £165 a pair
Cheers Ian

GC8KID 28 April 2010 10:46 PM

Hi, could i exchange my 2pot fronts for your recon 4 pots ? If so what price please ? Thanks.

chocolate_o_brian 04 June 2010 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by GC8KID (Post 9370026)
Hi, could i exchange my 2pot fronts for your recon 4 pots ? If so what price please ? Thanks.

Below mate...

Originally Posted by Ian Godney (Post 9323373)
Hi
Yes I can recondition your 2 pot calipers , but can't exchange 2 pots for 4 pots , the exchange must be like for like
Cheers Ian

:thumb:

C8 DHC 04WRX 05 June 2010 02:00 PM

Im looking at refurbing my own calipers.

Do you do stainless pistons for the rear 2 pot calipers or are they the same size as the ones used in the 4 pots?

Also, Im guessing the 4 little washers go between the 2 castings of the caliper - do your washer kits include them?

Arch 07 June 2010 04:01 PM

Thumbs up from me ref Ian's recon calipers. I bought a set from Ian a while back and used them on my Race RA, worked well until I went bigger :thumb:

360ste 07 June 2010 08:51 PM

Ian, do you do the Brembo's on exchange or would it be a send them to you and fit once returned? If so how much for the re-furb of front and rear calipers?

Thanks Steven Williams.

360ste 20 June 2010 11:19 AM

bump

Godspeed Brakes 21 June 2010 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 360ste (Post 9436817)
Ian, do you do the Brembo's on exchange or would it be a send them to you and fit once returned? If so how much for the re-furb of front and rear calipers?

Thanks Steven Williams.

Hi Steve
No I dont have any brembo's to offer on an exchange basis , you can send yours in for me to do and they take us 2 full days to do them , allowing for the paint to dry properly for them to be built back up.

We charge £65 a caliper to strip , paint strip , bead blast , prime and spray them any colour you want , we polish the pistons , and if the seals are undamaged we chemically clean them and rebuild the caliper , if the seals have any splits or damage , we renew them , and this add's £45 for the cost of the fronts , and £35 to the rears , the price for seals are per caliper.

Another problem that can happen with the calipers , is the bolts snapping or the threads being damaged , if this happens we can helicoil them at a cost of £30 per thread , we can repair both the mounting lug threads , and the bleed nipple threads

Hope this helps

Cheers Ian