ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   SPORT CAT (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/817050-sport-cat.html)

duckdo 18 February 2010 09:11 PM

SPORT CAT

HI NEED ADVICE I WANT TO PUT A SPORT CAT ON MY BABY SPOKE TO ONE COMPANY AND THEY TOLD ME TO FIT A 100 CPSI CAT TO KEEP IT MOT LEGAL THEN SPOKE TO ANOTHER COMPANY AND THEY TOLD ME TO FIT A 200 CPSI CAT TO KEEP IT MOT LEGAL ANY ADVICE ON WHICH ONE I SHOULD FIT :confused::confused::confused::confused:

JonMc 18 February 2010 09:18 PM

The 100-cell can be a little more difficult to get through an emissions test. If oyu fit the 100-cell, get it wrapped and make sure it is tested as soon as you get to the test centre having warmed it up properly first:thumb:

Either that or find a blind MOT tester:D

KINGTIGER 19 February 2010 10:50 AM

Oh dam, I've just had my Ninja Sports cat fitted 100 cell. But its not been wrapped. I'm going to make sure the car is at working temp when I take for MOT and I should be ok I hope?

brocksta 19 February 2010 02:40 PM

My ninja 100 cel aint wrapped but it gose throw the mot.BUT it has to be hot .

KINGTIGER 19 February 2010 02:52 PM

Cool I'll just take it out and warm her up so that shall be no problem. Had her fitted now a couple of days. I think its improved my flow not sure. Noise increased a bit but it could just be in my head.

greatgonzo 19 February 2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by KINGTIGER (Post 9234991)
Cool I'll just take it out and warm her up so that shall be no problem. Had her fitted now a couple of days. I think its improved my flow not sure. Noise increased a bit but it could just be in my head.

Has it been mapped for a sports cat ? If not you probably wont feel much gain :(

KINGTIGER 19 February 2010 07:23 PM

Nar its not been mapped. I run a V5 so it will need a new ecu from what I believe. And evan though I would love to I just can't afford to remap her.

I enquired on posts beforehand if I would need to remap, and they said I be ok without, but to gain full potential it would need mapping.

greatgonzo 19 February 2010 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by KINGTIGER (Post 9235560)
Nar its not been mapped. I run a V5 so it will need a new ecu from what I believe. And evan though I would love to I just can't afford to remap her.

I enquired on posts beforehand if I would need to remap, and they said I be ok without, but to gain full potential it would need mapping.

Shame about the re map as if your spending the money on a sports cat but cant really feel the benefit it, don't through your hard earned cash down the drain and get the remap you deserve :thumb::thumb:

The Trooper 1815 20 February 2010 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by KINGTIGER (Post 9235560)

It won't need an ecu, just a re-map:thumb: