ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Subaru Basingstoke (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/81622-subaru-basingstoke.html)

Stealth 22 March 2002 12:49 PM

Anybody in the Salisbury/Basingstoke/Andover area ever use the Subaru dealer in Basingstoke? ??

I took my WRX there just to ask a couple of questions but found them to be very rude, arrogant and extremely ignorant. The manager of the place is the worst of all.... He's a fat sweatfest type of a bloke and is the most unco-operative bloke in the world..... he really needs to sort that out... or get laid. He even patronisd me by making out that I couldn't afford to have anything don there... I'm 22 Drive a WRX that is in mint condition, probably earn more in an hour than he does in 3 hours..... cheeky git!!!

What an AR5E!!

Sorry, moan over, he really wound me up.

nib 22 March 2002 03:05 PM

Hi Stealth

I was there on Thursday after my new Belgian WRX's check engine light came. I must admit I found the service manager there very helpful. He looked at the car straight away. Gave me full info on how to register the WRX with IM in West Brom, and seemed to be very helpful. However, the guy I saw does not fit your description.

I was so impressed with the service that I plan to take the car there for its first service!

Does anyone else here have any experience of this place one way or other?

Stealth 22 March 2002 03:40 PM

I went back a second time the other day and the sweat fest chap was still there, I was praying they had given him the day off, but as soon as walked through the door he just stared at me and shoock his head.....

The guy on the servicing dept reception type area however was as helpfull as he could be with the sweaty slave driver standing over him!!

It's realy bad... most of them seem ok but it only takes one to give you a bad opinion of the place.... like they say "first impressions count"

Oh well I hope you have better luck than I did with them

ScoobyJawa 22 March 2002 04:00 PM

Is this Mill Lane? Never had a prob with them - Charles in service is very helpful......

saxovts2000 22 March 2002 10:36 PM

to be honest it doesn't matter if your 22 or 62 if your a customer that PAY'S his wages then he should have been nice to you at the end of the day word of mouth is worth it's weight in gold!!!

10p worth

nigelward 23 March 2002 03:37 PM

I use Mill Lane and have had no problems, purchased a car and have it maintained by them.

Charles on the servicing desk is very helpful, and I didn't have any problems with the manager even when asking questions about accessories that I was unlikely to purchase.

Nigel

Robyn 25 March 2002 08:07 AM

I travel quite a distance to use Mill Lane best thing to do is call and speak to charles, very helpful and polite gentleman indeed.

dont know who Mr Sweatfest was, it is a shame and I agree first impressions mean soooo much

boultsy 27 March 2002 08:38 AM

I also go out my way to use Mill Lane and have been very happy with the service, but then I've only visted once for the 1000 miler.

Chris_S199 29 March 2002 10:15 PM

(Jen using Chris' computer..)

Our Scoob had his 37,500 service there before we got him. His last owner was very impressed, but then she spoke to Charles! :D Didn't have any problems with her being a woman either, which I find a problem when I go to Scooby dealers!

JEn