ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   wheel balancing (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/815935-wheel-balancing.html)

addison 12 February 2010 06:48 PM

wheel balancing

just fitted new wheels 4x 18 Inch Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Black Alloy Wheels With 225/40/18 Tyres

had them balanced and they have a lot of weight on them

my old wheels had just a few
do the vary that much or have i got poor wheels and tyres

172sport 12 February 2010 06:52 PM

Cheap wheels and tyres???

Some tyre fitters will spin the tyre to get the least weight.

addison 12 February 2010 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by 172sport (Post 9220758)
Cheap wheels and tyres???

Some tyre fitters will spin the tyre to get the least weight.

Don't know about cheap all in they were £1100 that was the cheapest i could find and a good deal at that and i did look:thumb:

bob r 12 February 2010 11:18 PM

Pehaps they wasn't balanced correctly.
I'm pretty sure there is a manufacture mark on all tyres which has to be positioned opposite end to the valve opening [I think] which should give the nearest balance without weights then it should be blanced on the machine.
Do a bit of digging to confirm my suspicions.

D1CCY 13 February 2010 04:42 PM

Just had a new set of 225/40/18 888s put on my track wheels (incidentally TD 1.2s) by someone who I trust. He pointed out to me one of the tyres needed a lot of weight and recommended I fit it to the rear. Can happen even with premium tyres, OK for me as they don't last long on track anyway, then I'll get some more.

soprano29 14 February 2010 08:10 PM

your tyres should have a faint red dot on the outside. this should be in line with the valve to help the balancing.
also the balance machine could have been set up wrong but unlikely though as they are easy to get right. it could just be the tyres if they are low end brands. what make are the tyres?
you can just get a tyre garage to pop the beads on the tyre machine,spin the tyres round on rims,blow them back up and rebalance the wheels.it might help.

addison 15 February 2010 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by soprano29 (Post 9224899)
your tyres should have a faint red dot on the outside. this should be in line with the valve to help the balancing.
also the balance machine could have been set up wrong but unlikely though as they are easy to get right. it could just be the tyres if they are low end brands. what make are the tyres?
you can just get a tyre garage to pop the beads on the tyre machine,spin the tyres round on rims,blow them back up and rebalance the wheels.it might help.

they are vreddys have been balanced two times different garages
can't see a dot but will look closer (thanks)

M444GY 15 February 2010 04:37 PM

they prob worn off .

addison 15 February 2010 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by M444GY (Post 9226277)
they prob worn off .

Tyres are new no mark that i can see

addison 17 February 2010 10:40 AM

manufacture of tyres say that here is no mark on tyre to place at valve
they say that is well out of balance rotate tyre 90 or 180 that should sort