ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Wot next (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/815721-wot-next.html)

timmy boy 11 February 2010 04:31 PM

Wot next

I have a x reg 2000 turbo , it has full de cat stainless pipe , cone filter ,n think it got mod ecu ( was told by last owner) and also uprated clutch,..

Wot next to up bhp ??

I'm new to this lol , was thinking maped ,sti tmic and walbro pump? Any One point me in right direction pls

timmy boy 12 February 2010 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by timmy boy (Post 9218171)
I have a x reg 2000 turbo , it has full de cat stainless pipe , cone filter ,n think it got mod ecu ( was told by last owner) and also uprated clutch,..

Wot next to up bhp ??

I'm new to this lol , was thinking maped ,sti tmic and walbro pump? Any One point me in right direction pls

No ???? No free advise

scowen 12 February 2010 05:42 PM

Wot next to up bhp ??

Depends on how much power you want mate!
you could easy make 300-340 with your standard 440cc injectors & standard top mount!

alls you would need is a good turbo one of the vf series or a tdo5 a walbro fuel pump & of course a remap!:thumb:

Marx Mcrae 12 February 2010 08:18 PM

You will never get 340 bhp on the standard tmic! Most you will get from it is approx 310 bhp!

If your wanting to get to around 350 bhp your gonna need

VF35 or VF34 turbo
Ported headers
Ported up pipe
Fuel pressure regulator
STi 7/8/9 FMIC or a FMIC
Walbro fuel pump
ECU remap

Jolly Green Monster 12 February 2010 11:32 PM

Wot next to up bhp ??

standard intercooler is fine with standard turbo.

walbro pump is a good move just to ensure it is all tip top and they are not expensive or difficult to fit.

On the standard turbo you would be looking at around 265bhp to 280bhp once mapped.

Simon

Eternal Rage 13 February 2010 12:56 PM

Timmy your Inbox is full matey, will post here instead, hopefully you'll get the message here:

Hiya

No worries, thanks for letting me know, family first everytime.
They are Tanabe Sustec Pro II Coilovers. pretty rare kit, and expensive, they werent even for sale in this country as far as i know, hence why they were well over £1200 new are quite sought after.
The coilovers are built up using KYB gas filled struts, for a nice firm ride, Tanabe branded Springs for good road holding, (height adjustable coils currently lowered 50-60mm allround), and Camber adjustable pillow ball topmounts so they can be adjusted to match your needs.

I hope that helps you, i couldnt find much on the net either, but i love them to bits!

Speak to you later,
Chris