ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Any scooby owners have dogs? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/815312-any-scooby-owners-have-dogs.html)

graeme jones 09 February 2010 04:13 PM

Any scooby owners have dogs?

Hi All after cleaning the back of my car again i may be in the market for a new rear seat cover for the car having two boxer dogs that have to get in the car 3 times a week the car gets very hairy quick, i currently have a pets at home cover and i have to tuck it down the back of the seat but then it comes short at the front but the seat still gets filthy.
Are there and scooby specific seat covers?

The Trooper 1815 09 February 2010 04:24 PM

I bought to cheap fleece blankets from IKEA in a nice blue. The seats were removed, fleeces wrapped around, ends tucked in and bolted back in place.

Cost about £10 and the hairs stick like ****e!

my06 ppp silver 09 February 2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by graeme jones (Post 9213821)
Hi All after cleaning the back of my car again i may be in the market for a new rear seat cover for the car having two boxer dogs that have to get in the car 3 times a week the car gets very hairy quick, i currently have a pets at home cover and i have to tuck it down the back of the seat but then it comes short at the front but the seat still gets filthy.
Are there and scooby specific seat covers?

Graeme, i have one that i got a while back which works really well . not scooby specific but universal. made out of a type of canvas/waterproof jacket type material, srong sturdy, rip-proof wipes down if needed. come on the next tunnel run ( march) and you can have it off me then:thumb: pm nearer the date to remind me or let me know if you are coming this side soon and i will give it to you then:cool:

Marx Mcrae 09 February 2010 05:50 PM

I would be interested to know this to as I have 2 Huskys other owners will know that they malt lile nothing else alive!!!

my06 ppp silver 09 February 2010 05:58 PM

i am almost certain i "found " this in the red bin of unsellable crap in my local Halfrauds.

mik 09 February 2010 06:21 PM

I have sprogz and dogz.

Which is part of the reason why I have a wagon + sometimes a roofbox too. CLIK

Boot has a load liner and mat. And plenty of fur.

my06 ppp silver 09 February 2010 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by mik (Post 9214154)
I have sprogz and dogz.

Which is part of the reason why I have a wagon + sometimes a roofbox too. CLIK

Boot has a load liner and mat. And plenty of fur.

;) nice wagon!

graeme jones 09 February 2010 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by my06 ppp silver (Post 9214047)
Graeme, i have one that i got a while back which works really well . not scooby specific but universal. made out of a type of canvas/waterproof jacket type material, srong sturdy, rip-proof wipes down if needed. come on the next tunnel run ( march) and you can have it off me then:thumb: pm nearer the date to remind me or let me know if you are coming this side soon and i will give it to you then:cool:

nice one matey may just do that:thumb:

dalmatian 09 February 2010 08:11 PM

I have 2 dalmatians, they aren't allowed anywhere near the Impreza so i bought a Honda CRV to ferry them about in.

graeme jones 09 February 2010 08:57 PM

the cost of a good cover outweighs having two cars lol.

Alan MaC 09 February 2010 09:25 PM

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...REPACKS001.jpg

This Is Bonzo one of My Bullmastiffs.

THey love it in the Scoob.

Regards

Alan MaC

graeme jones 09 February 2010 09:54 PM

how do you still have grass our garden is foooked from the two dogs

CaptainSlow 09 February 2010 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by mik (Post 9214154)
I have sprogz and dogz.

Which is part of the reason why I have a wagon + sometimes a roofbox too.

Hi mik
I also suffer from sprogz and dogz.
Just bought a wagon like yours for the missus and didn't realise until I got it home that there are no roofbar mounts :confused:

What is the make/model of your roofbars; and where did you get them from?
Thanks
Nice wagon btw :)

Alan MaC 09 February 2010 10:19 PM

I put ryegrass mix in every year.

The Honey Monsters can do their worst & kids too.:thumb:

The wee wee stains, I put lava rocks in the water bowl so the Girlie doesn't stain the grass.

And if their really good, they get to go out for a ride in the Scoob.:):):)

Regards.

AM

mik 09 February 2010 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainSlow (Post 9214834)
What is the make/model of your roofbars; and where did you get them from?
Thanks

The UK spec Hawkeye WRX wagons didn't have roofbars for some reason. Other markets do, and lesser hawkeye wagons do. Go figure (?)

Roofbars - I've posted the info below for approx 4 folks now - you could break the mould and be the first one to say "thanks" if you fancy? :)

=====================

I've cut and pasted my order details below.

KM345 - KAMEI Delphin: KAMEI Delphin 340 K roof box "carbon design" LEFT side opening no. KM345 (08134511)
TU750 - Foot Pack: Thule Rapid System gutterless feet (4) no. 750
TU1210 - Adapter Kit: Thule Rapid System adapter kit no. 1210
TU869 - Aerobars: Alternative bars (bars only): aluminium bars 869

The only thing missing from the above was the "T-Track adaptors" to allow me to mount the box I bought onto the aerobars ~ my mistake, but they (roofbox.co.uk) admitted they should have noticed when I ordered, and therefore only charged me £5 for them (should have been £10).

If you are buying via roofbox.co.uk (who seem to be very competetive anyway) then click HERE to get a further 10% discount on your order, in addition to the free gifts they tend to throw in :)

mik 11 February 2010 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by mik (Post 9214981)
you could break the mould and be the first one to say "thanks" if you fancy? :)

Or mebbe not :D

hoyty 11 February 2010 10:14 PM

thats the reason i sawpped to a wagon , but halfords do a nifty back seat hamock type cover so it protect the seat seat back , the backs of the front seat and the carpet in one.

CaptainSlow 11 February 2010 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by mik (Post 9219060)
Or mebbe not :D

Sorry, bin working too many hours, not enough time to surf:cry:
Thanks mik.
Appreciated.

Probably stupid question, but do the gutter mounts leave any marks where they sit on the paint?

Cheers, Martin.

hoyty 11 February 2010 10:27 PM

found a pic for youhttps://www.scoobynet.com/picture.ph...65927079&thumb

mik 11 February 2010 10:29 PM

Hoorah! :D

Mine haven't, but I've been meticulous in cleaning the area before I mount them.

Someone on another forum suggested getting some clear vinyl patches from a signmaker or similar - also a very good idea.

CaptainSlow 11 February 2010 10:49 PM

Nice One mik.
Cheers.