ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Alien vs Predator (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/815070-alien-vs-predator.html)

bish667 08 February 2010 03:01 PM

Alien vs Predator

Is anyone planning on getting this game for the 360?

Played the demo and thought it was good fun, been waiting for this game to come out on a decent console for many years, never really played the pc version.

Has anyone else played the demo, anybody got any opinions on it?

I've already pre-ordered it, even if its not brilliant im a big fan of the predator so its a must buy for me.

myblackwrx 09 February 2010 09:49 PM

Hell no
MP was dire imo,graphically very poor, couldn't see where the hell i was going or what killed me.

StickyMicky 10 February 2010 08:46 AM

Watched a video of some people playing the demo and i kinda agree with the above, looked pretty hard to play, one to pick up when its only a tenner or so IMO

ScoobyDoo555 10 February 2010 06:47 PM

TBH, it terrified the cr@p out of me. Really enjoyed it. Played the game from start to end, albeit as the Marine.

Might have a look at it as a rental..

Dan

P1Fanatic 11 February 2010 02:12 PM

Is the demo still out? Will have a look on PSN later.

I loved AvP2 multiplayer on PC. Friggin awesome as the pred with the shoulder mounted plasma canon and spinning blade frisbee thing :)

Plus the sound of the marines pulse rifle was spot on and the underbarrel grenade launcher perfect for zapping aliens :thumb:

I remember playing single player with speakers turned right up. Was walking through a dark tunnel and a pipe blew up and this Alien tail whipped out and I papped myself. I emptied a whole clip before realising the alien tail was actually a power cable lol. How embarassing....

Simon

bish667 11 February 2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 9217931)
Is the demo still out? Will have a look on PSN later.

I loved AvP2 multiplayer on PC. Friggin awesome as the pred with the shoulder mounted plasma canon and spinning blade frisbee thing :)

Plus the sound of the marines pulse rifle was spot on and the underbarrel grenade launcher perfect for zapping aliens :thumb:

I remember playing single player with speakers turned right up. Was walking through a dark tunnel and a pipe blew up and this Alien tail whipped out and I papped myself. I emptied a whole clip before realising the alien tail was actually a power cable lol. How embarassing....

Simon

Glad at least one other person likes it :lol1:

Demo's often give a crap impression of games, if i assumed it was exactly like the demo i'd be avoiding it.
Couldnt stand the Dead Space demo but really enjoyed the proper game.

P1Fanatic 14 February 2010 10:42 PM

Has anyone managed to get this working on PS3? first version couldn't even find any games online. New version I get online but can I join or host a game - can I feck. Utterly hopeless.

Simon

scoobyverysoon 15 February 2010 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 9225324)
Has anyone managed to get this working on PS3? first version couldn't even find any games online. New version I get online but can I join or host a game - can I feck. Utterly hopeless.

Simon

same here it just sits there searching and doing nothing I gave up and uninstalled it :(

P1Fanatic 15 February 2010 01:15 PM

That was what happened with the first demo release (1023mb) and I couldnt even find a game. Checked on PSN EU Forums and saw that Sega completely screwed it up and then released an updated version i.e. not a patch so you have delete the original and reinstall the new one (850mb ish).

Ive done that and kind browse games and find a few but I cant join any with varying messages from "Server is full when it shows 2/8", "Match already started" or "Server Timed Out".

Bit of a joke really and even the menu system looks naff. Will give it one more go tonight then its getting removed. Shame as enjoyed the PC AvP2 :(

Simon

scoobyverysoon 15 February 2010 05:53 PM

ah right i might give it another go a lad at work who says its good so will have to try

bish667 15 February 2010 07:14 PM

Didnt have much problems connecting to a game on the 360, just had to wait about 4/5 minutes though and after each match it kicked me out.
Thats the main reason i've only played it a few times, im sure the full game will be a lot better.

scoobyverysoon 16 February 2010 10:10 AM

I redownloaded it for PS3 and it worked fine this time

I was the alien first go - and TBH I dont like the game bit boring and too dark nice that you can crawl on any surface makes you lose track of where you are though :brickwall

I got a load of abuse off some 5 year old as I was just roaming about :lol1:

scoobyverysoon 17 February 2010 03:16 PM

Had another dabble last night and the human is actually good but best of all is predator - very slick

but dont think its worth £40 maybee £20 but hopefully single player is good

P1Fanatic 17 February 2010 05:46 PM

I managed to get a game last night and thought it was pants. Slow movement (as human), too dark, crap square crosshairs and the gfx really are poor compared to most current games. Im sure AvP2 on the PC back in the day looked better than that.

Ah well back to MW2 lol

Simon