ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   Baby Seats - Pic request. (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/814644-baby-seats-pic-request.html)

MovingShadow 06 February 2010 01:44 PM

Baby Seats - Pic request.

A friend of mine has just sold his 106 GTi to get a Scooby becuase of a new arrival to the family. Unfortunately the mother is a bit worried about whether or not a baby seat would fit properly in the back.

I've assured him there'll be no problems but for their peace of mind does anyone have any pictures. Particuarly a classic but any will do for now.

Thanks!

TAM1981 06 February 2010 04:34 PM

Sorry mate not got any pics for you but got a newage sti and my wee boys baby seat fits in no problems just put seat covers on the front seats as with my kid likes to kick his dirty shoes on the back of them plus with the newage impreza theres the isofix system so if you get a isofix child seat it will fit perfect but any seat will fit in .:thumb:

Hope this helps :thumb:

H12ST D 06 February 2010 06:56 PM

I have a new age bugeye and they fit fine with the passenger seat about halfway forward. I have used it both with and without the isofix base but would say if you can stretch to it get the base as a few mates have all experience the frustrations of the notoriously short seatbelt that is a tight fit at the best of times, but should you get it slightly wrong will always lock on the tensioner meaning you have to take it all back to the beginning again... not fun in the rain !

phil84 06 February 2010 07:04 PM

In my classic 2 seats in the back were fine. At 6ft 3 i only used to have to put my seat forward a little.

Mind you I wish I had got a seat cover as little dirty shoes used to get the back of it covered in s**te :lol1:

wiley 06 February 2010 10:33 PM

i'll take some pics of mine tomorrow on the MSOC meet

wiley

jameswrx 07 February 2010 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by MovingShadow (Post 9206837)
A friend of mine has just sold his 106 GTi to get a Scooby becuase of a new arrival to the family. Unfortunately the mother is a bit worried about whether or not a baby seat would fit properly in the back.

I've assured him there'll be no problems but for their peace of mind does anyone have any pictures. Particuarly a classic but any will do for now.

Thanks!

He's sold the 106 for an Impreza and she's now worried the baby seat won't fit?

It'd have fitted in the 106, it'll fit in the Impreza.. tell her to stop worrying.

Bealescooby 07 February 2010 10:07 PM

i got 2 in no problems as stated above though get a seat cover as u get feet prints on the seat when they start growing up

dazzaturbo 08 February 2010 04:18 PM

got my daughter a recaro child seat and it fits no problems.

K30FOY 08 February 2010 07:43 PM

I got a Recaro seat too, fits no probs, but as said, get a seat cover for the rear of the front seats. ;)