ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Wanna buy a new MGF? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/814070-wanna-buy-a-new-mgf.html)

ALi-B 03 February 2010 02:02 PM

Wanna buy a new MGF?

Had this dropped off as a demo car earlier this week:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...b/38218c62.jpg

:lol1:

Credit to the suppliers for their efforts in trying to shift them, but somehow I don't think many will sell. ;)

ALi-B 03 February 2010 02:07 PM

Oh, if anyone wondered, its: £16399 OTR :eek:

steffi4 03 February 2010 02:10 PM

haha if you got the money go for it.
really miss my mg zs :( was my first car and was great to drive. not everyones cup of tea but i think we all have a love affair with the first.

M444GY 03 February 2010 02:38 PM

yuk !

Dream Weaver 03 February 2010 02:40 PM

These were **** originally, and I imagine they still are? :D

Is this from the Chinese company then, or something else?

ALi-B 03 February 2010 02:59 PM

Not a clue where its made. I'm led to belive its "assembled" from kit form at Longbridge, but where the parts come from I don't know (new old stock, or made in China, I think its the latter, but who knows).

I've asked if this "new" MGF's engine incorperates the redeisgned head gasket and strengthened ladder brace on the engine block, as per the Freelander retrofits (fitted after a head gasket failure, not during production IIRC). This should have rectified all the head gasket weaknesses that dogged the K-series up to the end of its mass-production (especially when MGFs are so prone to air locks).

By rights, its should have the updated engine, I'm yet to get an offical answer though. :(

Its apparently a limited edition of 500.

beef-on-the-bone 03 February 2010 05:14 PM

thank god it's limited!!!

don't think the colour helps............

dpb 03 February 2010 05:59 PM

It would have to be more than 16k to take it off your hands !

BOB.T 03 February 2010 07:10 PM

Is that Lessian Motors in Ilkley? (I used to do their MOTs and we'd call them Lesbian Motors cos we're hilarious! :D )

zippy! 03 February 2010 07:37 PM

id deliberately write it off and claim the money back on insurance lol

Jamescsti 03 February 2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9200727)
Not a clue where its made. I'm led to belive its "assembled" from kit form at Longbridge, but where the parts come from I don't know (new old stock, or made in China, I think its the latter, but who knows).

I've asked if this "new" MGF's engine incorperates the redeisgned head gasket and strengthened ladder brace on the engine block, as per the Freelander retrofits (fitted after a head gasket failure, not during production IIRC). This should have rectified all the head gasket weaknesses that dogged the K-series up to the end of its mass-production (especially when MGFs are so prone to air locks).

By rights, its should have the updated engine, I'm yet to get an offical answer though. :(

Its apparently a limited edition of 500.

I'm a regular user on a MG-rover site, the TF500 in the pic is basically made in china, probably assembled at longbridge to keep the british tag, I believe the chinese have sorted the HGF problem on the Kseries engine.

As much as I like my ZT it was a bargain price, would never pay 17k for that car, even the most hardened entusiasts won't pay that

alcazar 03 February 2010 08:27 PM

I've actually sen one of these, in the flesh, so to speak, and in that colour.

It was at Souls in Olney, (which is where I also saw my first utterly foul Rover-25-badged-as-a-Subaru :D)

The little F was a demonstrator, it had the full leather kit, hard and soft tops, black gloss wheels, better stereo, better heating/aircon etc and was OTR for £14,000.

It looked very nice, tbh.

geesta 03 February 2010 09:03 PM

I saw 2 at the Top Gear live show on stage doing burn outs and handbrake turns to be fair they looked cool.

Dave Thornton 04 February 2010 11:27 PM

IIRC, they are assembled at Longbridge using all the bits leftover when the factory was mothballed. Perhaps it's a limited edition of 500 because they had 500 bits of everthing left. The MX5 has been replaced twice since the MGF came out in the last century.