ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/)
-   -   BEE*R blues (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/813715-bee-r-blues.html)

ally123 09 February 2013 12:12 PM

help

Iv been tryin 2 fit 1 of these on cant get it 2 work.i have the power and earth hooked up.i havethe rpm hooked up.iv tred the green wire with diodes on the ignition wires and iv tryed it on the crank angle.nothin seams 2 work.am i missing sumthin?i have also cut the grey loop that cums out the limiter box as it says 2 do.

Thanks 4 any help that i can get.

hostagekilla 13 February 2013 03:05 PM

Hi buddy. Not been on here for ages, so apologies for the belated response.

Right. On mine, a version III It went like this. Black is earth, which connects to the ecu earth point in the footwell. Red goes to the ecu power supply. Yellow goes to the engine speed sensor, and green goes to the crank angle+ And theres another wire to the handbrake switch.
But when you look at the pinout diagram, there's two different pins for the crank angle + depending on if your car has an aftermarket alarm and imobilliser, so if one doesn't work, just try the other. Yep, the grey loop is to be cut. That tells the box that you've got a four cylinder engine. The other loops are for either a V6 or a rotarty engine. There's no need for diodes to be soldered anywhere:thumb:

Hope this helps homie.

ally123 13 February 2013 07:24 PM

cheers mate.hopefully that will help.just need to find a proper pin out diagram for my ecu to find out the other crank angle pin.thanks again.is ur 1 still workin finecuz heard theyr not very good on the engine?

hostagekilla 14 February 2013 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by ally123 (Post 10988771)
cheers mate.hopefully that will help.just need to find a proper pin out diagram for my ecu to find out the other crank angle pin.thanks again.is ur 1 still workin finecuz heard theyr not very good on the engine?

I sold my Bee*r a while ago, but I had it fitted for a couple of years with no problems atall. I used to bang the nuts off it too lmao:freak3:

hostagekilla 14 February 2013 12:48 PM

What year is your scooby? If it's a version 3 or 4 with the three plug ecu, I still have the pinout wiring diagram on pdf. So if that's the same ecu as yours, just pm me with your e-mail address and I'll mail it to you:thumb:

ally123 14 February 2013 02:07 PM

ur private msg box is full bud.ul need 2 delete sum.

hostagekilla 15 February 2013 10:00 PM

Have done buddy. PM's deleted ;)

ally123 15 February 2013 10:05 PM

its ok buddy sum1else sen me the correct 1.u wer rite i had it in the wrong crank pin.havnt tryed it yet as am stuck offshore at the mo but thats wat the problem will be.

thanks aload for ur help mate

hostagekilla 15 February 2013 10:07 PM

No worries. Hope you get it working:thumb: