ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   harnesses question (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/812809-harnesses-question.html)

dannyboygti 28 January 2010 08:19 PM

harnesses question

has anybody put harnesses in a classic but with out a harness bar as i reli dont want that and still want my back seats ??? info or pics would be great thanks

ratboy 28 January 2010 08:29 PM

Done it in my old car with rear seat put back in.
Rear passengers had to clamber through the straps though......:lol1:
Have heard just attatching it there though without a bar is dodgy in a high speed crash as it pulls the harness down on your shoulders and compresses the spine.

dannyboygti 28 January 2010 08:32 PM

oh not good would prefer to have them bolted wer the seat gose or sumthing reli dont want a harness bar or have them bolted inbetween the back seats

172sport 28 January 2010 08:39 PM

The back seats are redundant once you fit harnesses, Dont get them if you need to use the seats.

dannyboygti 28 January 2010 08:46 PM

mite try and make a harness bar but the gose inbetween the seat bolts at the bottom dunno if any1 tried this or not

speights 28 January 2010 09:07 PM

Hi
Sabelt do a 3 point clubman harness with double release you fit them as normal but they have a seat belt type fastener just behind the seat so if you have passengers you just unclip them,leaving just a short strap bolted in the rear this is between base and backrest they are road legal .Hope can make sense of this

dannyboygti 28 January 2010 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by speights (Post 9187931)
Hi
Sabelt do a 3 point clubman harness with double release you fit them as normal but they have a seat belt type fastener just behind the seat so if you have passengers you just unclip them,leaving just a short strap bolted in the rear this is between base and backrest they are road legal .Hope can make sense of this

that sounds perfect m8 thanks for the info wouldnt mind having them in the back seats if it would just unclip :):) thanks bud

clark822 28 January 2010 09:22 PM

Got some of em on order form demon tweeks fifty quid and top qaulity mates got some in his evo - pretty good nipping to the shops normal belt having a blast harness got passengers normal belt best of both worlds hth

ratboy 28 January 2010 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by dannyboygti (Post 9187881)
mite try and make a harness bar but the gose inbetween the seat bolts at the bottom dunno if any1 tried this or not

It could be joined to where the 2 rear bolts of the front seat goes.
Normally with harness,you get some threaded 'rings' to replace these seat bolts so i guess you could attach it to this.
Ive never seen it done and certainly would not recommend it as i dont know enough about health and safty on cars,but it cetainly could be done very easerly.

Originally Posted by speights (Post 9187931)
Hi

That sounds a good device.
He'd have to keep his regular seat belts in though.
Was amazed how much seat belts weigh.
Am trying to lighten the car as much as poss at the moment,and the seat belts along weighed 6kg's.......it all adds up....;)

speights 28 January 2010 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by dannyboygti (Post 9187960)
that sounds perfect m8 thanks for the info wouldnt mind having them in the back seats if it would just unclip :):) thanks bud

demon tweeks stock them i think they have pictures on there web site.motor sport section .Glad to help:thumb:

dannyboygti 28 January 2010 09:27 PM

yea id keep ma normall belts to be on the safe side dont wanna get strapped in everytime i get in lol just nice i think there alot safer than normall belts

ratboy 28 January 2010 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by dannyboygti (Post 9187997)
yea id keep ma normall belts to be on the safe side dont wanna get strapped in everytime i get in lol just nice i think there alot safer than normall belts

There great mate.....me girlfriend loves them as she doesnt have to hang on for dear life round corners now.....:lol1:
Only problem is forgetting to shut your door and then not being able to reach it once buckeled up....:D
Also,sterio opperation and glovebox are impossible,and turning round to reverse....but its worth it.
Been waiting to get pulled for not wareing a seat belt,as from a cop car they cant see you wareing anything...but not yet......:lol1:

HOWY 28 January 2010 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by dannyboygti (Post 9187997)

And don't forget to notify your insurance company just in case

pj748r 29 January 2010 04:38 PM

Schroth have been making them for a while as well.

Evo used them on their long term Wrx