ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dont blow your nose when driving (or even stopped for that matter) (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/812765-dont-blow-your-nose-when-driving-or-even-stopped-for-that-matter.html)

r32 28 January 2010 04:50 PM

Dont blow your nose when driving (or even stopped for that matter)

'Stunned' Driver Fined For Blowing His Nose - Yahoo! News UK

This is all getting stupid, the guy was stationary, but even if he hadnt been he wasnt unsafe.

What about the Police answering their radios whilst driving? They do it often, I've seen them.

Hanley 28 January 2010 05:24 PM

That's a complete f***ing joke...typical of the way this country is going.

The cops in question should be fired, what are they thinking??

I'm sure Felix will be along soon to justify it though.

:)

Coffin Dodger 28 January 2010 05:26 PM

Yeah, don't sneeze with your eyes open either else your eyeballs will pop out :eek:

r32 28 January 2010 05:33 PM

Its almost as stupid as this..........
Tagged for dropping sweets - | Motorcycle News | Bike News | Motorbike Videos | MCN

Fined and tagged for dropping mint imperials.

But my questions are where will it end, and is there some persecute the motorist official policy?

Hanley 28 January 2010 05:36 PM

I suspect, or hope for the sake of our country, that there is more to this story.

Surely it's not as it seems i.e. he was stationery with his handbrake on and blew his nose FFS

LG John 28 January 2010 05:43 PM

Saxo Boy awaits Les to explain the dangers and support the police and PF's position on this....

:p

HT04 28 January 2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger (Post 9187297)
Yeah, don't sneeze with your eyes open either else your eyeballs will pop out :eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Zohan 28 January 2010 05:51 PM

The Police police this country with our (the publics) consent, without it it would be impossible.

Stories like this do nothing for the public perception of the police whatsoever

kingofturds 28 January 2010 05:54 PM

They will be stopping you for having a quick on off the wrist whilst driving next :(

StickyMicky 28 January 2010 05:54 PM

Jumped up porky jobsworths :mad:

Lee247 28 January 2010 06:01 PM

Beggars belief :eek: Let's hope we all avoid catching cold otherwise we will have to snot all over the car

Jamie 28 January 2010 06:46 PM

Pass me the snot rag please lee i have the sniffs :(

pimmo2000 28 January 2010 07:56 PM

lol ..

P1 Daveyboy 28 January 2010 08:06 PM

Dont cry whilst driving then ffs what a load of twaddle
He had the hand brake on and in full control
I say take it to the court of human rights all the way
All the best to him

g7prs 28 January 2010 08:16 PM

And this is what they get up too when not handing out needless fines

YouTube - Edinburgh sleeping police

RA Dunk 28 January 2010 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by g7prs (Post 9187783)

Thats no cat nap either, there out cold by the looks of it! :D

nik52wrx 28 January 2010 08:27 PM

A police van passed me the other night without headlights on, probably too busy scoffing his big mac to realise!

jonc 28 January 2010 08:34 PM

How much in control should one be of a stationary vehicle with the handbrake on?? How stupid do you have to be before you consider a stationary vehicle to be out of control?

spray1974 28 January 2010 08:34 PM

Too many doughnuts and not enough coffee for this dozy couple:sleep:

Bloodly ridiculous 3 points for blowing your nose! :cuckoo:

jonc 28 January 2010 08:41 PM

Clearly these dozing coppers have absolutely lost it and are hopelessly out of control of their patrol car!

Rubberscooby 28 January 2010 08:46 PM

No wonder so many criminals are getting away with stealing our pride and joys when they are waisting their time on innocent people all the time.

madscoob 28 January 2010 08:46 PM

next thing will be banning indicating as you have to remove hand friom steering wheel lmfao and wouldnt be in full control , something bmw owners will never have a problem with unlike the rest of us.on a more serious not WTF is that copper on some drugs he has conviscated off a local chav.

Terminator X 28 January 2010 09:10 PM

Agreed :mad: & to think that it may go to Court, what a f*cking waste of taxpayers money :(

TX.

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 9187292)

RA Dunk 28 January 2010 09:19 PM

what are they thinking??

Should we charge this bloke now or after weve had our coffee and donuts?

Bravo2zero_sps 28 January 2010 10:08 PM

It looks like they will fine you for anything now, need that revenue stream to keep coming in. No time for real criminals as they don't raise revenue for the Government.

I really hope the police get humialted over this and some lawyer takes up this case and rips the police to pieces. Just exactly how low will they stoop? Unfortunately the few good coppers that are left are the ones who suffer from this as they will all be treated as ar$eholes by the public.

r32 29 January 2010 12:35 AM

Why not write to Alan Johnson the Home Secretary, I have. Perhaps if more people complain then something good may come out of it.

johnsona@parliament.uk

g7prs 29 January 2010 08:52 AM

One of the papers reported that the same officer who charged the guy for blowing his nose has previously charged somebody for littering and what did the guy drop?

A tenner .

Felix. 29 January 2010 09:06 AM

That's a complete f***ing joke...typical of the way this country is going.

I'm sure Felix will be along soon to justify it though.

Can't justify that, not sure how it works in Scotland, but CPS should bin that from the start.

Timwinner 29 January 2010 09:39 AM

Its not got to CPS yet, The guy has a couple of weeks to refuse to pay the fine and then it will go to a not guilty plea and the file building will start.
I think your right, If that landed on my desk I would bin it, and I think it will get thrown out. There is not a chance that its "beyond reasonable doubt" from police evidence, if the guy said he put his handbrake on and put it in neutral than that should provide enough of a defence.

You see a few bad ones ruin it for the good ones.

Hanley 29 January 2010 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Felix. (Post 9188586)
Can't justify that, not sure how it works in Scotland, but CPS should bin that from the start.

Felix

I meant that comment tongue in cheek, I didn't think you'd agree with it.

I agree with you and timwinner that the CPS will more than likely bin it, that's all well and good but don't you think the officer should have a talking to by his superiors, how much money, time and effort will be wasted by this whole episode.

Unfortunately, as said before on this thread, the good coppers - and I'm sure the majority are, get tarred with the same brush.