ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sky + Query (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/812617-sky-query.html)

bmac800 27 January 2010 08:41 PM

Sky + Query

My Sky + wont record anything more.There is about 12-15 hours of stuff to watch and it says 69% is still available but a message is coming up saying the disc is full.
Its just the bog standard Sky box about 6 months old.
Does this sound right or am I missing something.
Thanks for any help.

hutton_d 27 January 2010 10:23 PM

I had problems with mine recently - had to do a hard reset to fix it which meant I lost everything I'd saved. Look for 'copy+' and 'sky' and use this to copy off anything you might want to keep. Then try the 'reset' option. If you're not bothered about saving stuff then 'reset' anyway.

Dave

PS: have to say the problem I had wasn't 'disk full' when it wasn't. Just wouldn't come out of stand-by.

Diesel 27 January 2010 10:29 PM

Cant remember the key press seq (grabby SKY+ subs are history - free Humax Freesat HD rules!) but Google 'rebuild planner' and try that. It seems to rebuild disk directories or something and often helps. D

fatscoobfella1 28 January 2010 07:13 PM

Sounds like the old disk space usage bug which can be fixed by doing a Planner Rebuild from within the Installation menu on the SKY+.
On the remote..

Services
Select

Then choose the rebuild option, it should leave all your recordings intact but obviously you do it at your own risk.

bmac800 28 January 2010 08:29 PM

Thanks for all the help will give it a go after I have watched the two episodes of 24 I have recorded.:thumb:

Dan Gleebits 28 January 2010 08:39 PM

First off, try holding in the BACK UP button on your box.. power off.. keep holding the button in, power back up.. keep holding button in, and you will get four lights on the front of the plus box, and a message on your tv.. then release the button.
let it do its software download, (up to 10 mins) and it will drop back into stand-by.
then try it once it comes back out of stand-by.

BlkKnight 29 January 2010 10:28 AM

funnily enough I had the same problems - did the two suggestions above (update first, then rebuild disk) and all's hunkey dory.

Thank you for answering my problems before I asked the question :)

It's actually

Services
SELECT
Select

You have to ignore the on screen options as it's a hidden menu

Leslie 29 January 2010 12:04 PM

Sometimes all you need to do is to unplug the mains power for a short while to allow it to drain the memory and then reconnect the mains. You will have to wait for it to boot up but they usually work normally after that.

Les

Phil 29 January 2010 02:31 PM

I had these problems tried reseting etc etc

So rung them up told it was a £65 call out fee but it covered everything

I said I would think about it

Rung disconnections told them I was switching to free view because I couldn't afford callout
They sent an engineer yesterday FOC who replaced the Sky Dish AND Box [newer smaller box with bigger hard drive] ALL FREE