ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Rock and Chips (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/811964-rock-and-chips.html)

Jaybird-UK 24 January 2010 05:27 PM

Rock and Chips

Will this be funny or just another attempt at flogging the Fools and Horse franchise some more... I guess we'll find out tonight

BBC - BBC One Programmes - Rock and Chips

Peckham, 1960, and the Trotters are all under one roof: Grandad, Joan, husband Reg and the teenage Del Boy. Things suddenly change, however, when ex-con Freddie Robdal appears. Joining this comedy drama are teenage versions of Only Fools and Horses favourites Boycie, Trigger and Denzil.

I loved early F&H's but cant help thinking the last few specials just weren't that :rolleyes:

Jamz3k 24 January 2010 05:30 PM

I must be the only person in the UK and NI not to like Only Fools and Horses. I've never found it that funny!:(

jpor 24 January 2010 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK (Post 9178068)
Will this be funny or just another attempt at flogging the Fools and Horse franchise some more... I guess we'll find out tonight

BBC - BBC One Programmes - Rock and Chips

Peckham, 1960, and the Trotters are all under one roof: Grandad, Joan, husband Reg and the teenage Del Boy. Things suddenly change, however, when ex-con Freddie Robdal appears. Joining this comedy drama are teenage versions of Only Fools and Horses favourites Boycie, Trigger and Denzil.

I loved early F&H's but cant help thinking the last few specials just weren't that :rolleyes:

From the clip they showed on BBCs morning programme it didn't look like a comedy. More like a drama chronicling the early life of the Trotters. :(

SunnySideUp 24 January 2010 09:31 PM

Turning out to be pretty good - a classic ......... so far, so good!

J4CKO 24 January 2010 09:51 PM

Really enjoying it, nicely done, some good casting.

Trout 24 January 2010 09:53 PM

I found nothing in Fools and Horses that vaguely amused me so am watching a movie instead!

SunnySideUp 24 January 2010 09:55 PM

It's probably better done than Fools and Horses ... some great music, real music, when I was dancing at the Palli ...

J4CKO 24 January 2010 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9178951)
It's probably better done than Fools and Horses ... some great music, real music, when I was dancing at the Palli ...

Back when Dianadors roamed the earth :D

Jamz3k 24 January 2010 10:27 PM

why do all the womens have bleeched blonde hair in the olden days?:Suspiciou

NAF 24 January 2010 10:30 PM

Wasn't bad I guess

SunnySideUp 24 January 2010 10:30 PM

Brilliant!!!

YouTube - fats domino i want to walk you home

Quality TV :thumb:

NotoriousREV 24 January 2010 10:36 PM

I really enjoyed it, I thought it was poignant, amusing and tinged with tragedy, John Sullivan at his best.

Jaybird-UK 25 January 2010 06:46 AM

Totally not what I expected, but as a piece of drama I thought pretty good. Well cast and acted

Blue by You 25 January 2010 08:52 AM

Best moment for me was after young Delboy had taken a pi$$ in the sink as directed by his prospective partner for the night to avoid waking the sleeping Grandma upstairs, to then pop his head round the door and ask if she had any toilet paper! PMSL. :lol1:

Scoob99 25 January 2010 09:15 AM

I thought is was bloody good too, as Blue says, that sink moment was a classic:lol1: Lets just hope the rest is as good:D
Cheers
Colin

P1Fanatic 25 January 2010 09:18 AM

Watched this last night after the missus mentioned it. Was very good although did drag a bit towards the end but was 90 mins. The casting was excellent. Loved Denzel :)

Was it just the one episode?

It was in HD as well but did anyone else think it didnt look very HD?

Simon

StickyMicky 25 January 2010 09:26 AM

This was one of my favorites over the years :D

YouTube - Del Boy falls through the bar - Only Fools and Horses - BBC

Leslie 25 January 2010 10:46 AM

Mrs Leslie and I really enjoyed it, took a little while to work out who was who though. it is well acted and it is fascinating to see how the F&H characters are depicted in their early lives. I think they got "Slater" just about right:)

Remains to see how it goes on now.

Les

SunnySideUp 25 January 2010 01:23 PM

I may be wrong (unlikely ;) )

But wasn't it just a one off?

EddScott 25 January 2010 01:34 PM

I thought it was a one off.

Was OK, bit slow in parts. Seemed to struggle a bit with the humour in as much as lurching from seemingly serious to almost slapstick.

7/10

scunnered 25 January 2010 01:44 PM

I can't stand Only fools and horses. I tried, but just didn't find it watchable.
I had no idea Rock and chips was a prequel, so I watched it with an open mind. It was about 15 mins in when the penny dropped.
I liked it. The sink gag was good, although I've seen it done before. The pervy cinema manager was really funny though.

scoobynutta555 25 January 2010 08:26 PM

I can't get over some of the reviews on here! I started watching it last night and I had to turn it off. A plodding drama with a very poor plot. It seems I'm not the only one as al lthe critics in the papers I've read have reached the same opinion.

It was absolute rubbish.

SunnySideUp 25 January 2010 09:40 PM

It was absolutely fantastic .... you should have stuck it out until the end - the latter few minutes brought it all together beautifully.

V5RLTD 25 January 2010 09:45 PM

I thought it was good, didnt get boring, and Dels Mum, and Aunt for that matter would get it! :norty: :lol1:

scoobynutta555 26 January 2010 10:02 AM

Is the demographic on this thread 60+. :D

stilover 26 January 2010 10:57 AM

It was Sh!t. The biggest pile of Poo I've seen in ages. Turned it off just after Freddie went round after hearing he was a dad.

Utter rubbish

Leslie 26 January 2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9179954)
I may be wrong (unlikely ;) )

But wasn't it just a one off?

I don't know if it was a one off-I hope not because it shpowed great promise.

Fats Waller took a bit of beating-real music!

Les :)

MattW 26 January 2010 11:25 AM

I enjoyed it, hoping they do a second one maybe covering Joan's death, and then into how Del brings up Rodney.

subaruturbo_18 26 January 2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9178073)
I must be the only person in the UK and NI not to like Only Fools and Horses. I've never found it that funny!:(

Nope, there's two of us :thumb: