ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   FINALLY!!!!...well almost (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/811703-finally-well-almost.html)

rb5 286 23 January 2010 10:49 AM

FINALLY!!!!...well almost

Many of you will remember over 3 years ago I was involved in a RTA which resulted in my hawkeye being written off in a split second.

Well following the proceedure to take this into court so I can clear my name of any wrong doing, (i was prepared to fight all the way as I was never in the wrong)

the bus company have made an offer out of court for a tidy sum of £?k which covers all my costs.

Its just down to me to say i accept but they are not accepting total liability which was the main thing (the principle) i have taken this every inch of the way.

My feeling is to take this to court and get my name 'cleared' of any wrong doing, but brain is saying to get this over and done with, accept their offer and close the book finally.

I would like to thank Chris (milamber) for his advice and support whenever i needed it :thumb: put my mind at ease many a time

yellowvanman 23 January 2010 11:22 AM

Mark,
How does your insurance company see it? If they accept you had a no fault claim, and therefore are not penalising you for it, then personally I would take the money, and draw a line under it. Your call obviously, but is it really worth the on going stress of continuing to fight it?

spally 23 January 2010 11:53 AM

agree with Neil here i think. as long as you're not being penalised in anyway mark, take the money and some closure to the whole saga.

53 23 January 2010 12:12 PM

Non fault claims always get penalised in premiums (except Moley:luvlove:) as statistically you are more likely to have a fault claim at a later date and all that bolax.

It's an interesting dilemma, obviously sums undisclosed but how much is 'being right' worth to you ? As my Nan once said to me, "being right is one thing, but living with being right is quite another".:) Happy outcomes and being right aren't always mutually exclusive, so with damage limitation in mind do what's best for you in the here and now.:thumb:

rb5 286 23 January 2010 07:24 PM

£5k which works out pro rata £300 less then we were going for after the costs. I have advised my solicitors to accept the offerand moldy sorts a swet deal out so no probs on that side. Cheers

53 23 January 2010 07:37 PM

As long as your arse is covered, a quiet life is where its at Mark.:thumb::cool:

WRX_Dazza 23 January 2010 08:30 PM

thats good news mark and one less thing to worry about...:)

****ing bus drivers !!! Grrrrrrrrrrr! ;)

Adidas 23 January 2010 09:12 PM

Mark,

Did the CCTV footage from the bus ever mysteriously appear?

Phil 23 January 2010 09:15 PM

Pleased this is coming to an end

Still can't beleive they challanged it in the first place

steffi4 23 January 2010 10:15 PM

seen as we're talking insurance some tw***t went into the side of my other half whist he was on a roundabout. i know, the guy literally pulled onto the roundabout straight into him. youd think hed see my loud decals!!??? anyways theres minor damage just a small nik but its completly screwed the vinyll and its pealecent paint so would be lots to repair the image. some poeple have said if i claim we'll get penalised even tho the guy admitted it was his fault. due to no witnesses we're told the insurance companies would look at it from how we both seem. ie us 25 and 21 with loud scooby and the dic* well known celeb with upper class merc. please help wat should i do.. do i calim or leave it :(

rb5 286 23 January 2010 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas (Post 9176558)
Mark,

Did the CCTV footage from the bus ever mysteriously appear?

yes mate, i have cd's with the footage on

rb5 286 05 June 2010 06:42 AM

WELL :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

Today is the day that I can finally lay to rest the accident

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

cheque for my personal injury turned up

nice round sum of £5k

:norty::norty:

off to bank it and extend the holiday in spain for another week :norty:

can you beleive it, 14th May 2007 was the accident date

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

thanks to everyone for their support, help and advice

:luvlove:

Milamber 05 June 2010 08:48 AM

At last:thumb:

ABW 05 June 2010 09:01 AM

did they pay for the hire car :thumb:

Spec'c'57 05 June 2010 10:23 AM

Finally. Glad its sorted mate. :thumb:

V4JDMSTi 05 June 2010 12:18 PM

That took a while. Good result though. Dad has one ongoing too from a couple of years ago. I've heard the solicitor is pretty good ;), so hopefully he'll also get a good result.

Spec'c'57 05 June 2010 01:04 PM

is his still going on also. remember the day. ;)

spally 05 June 2010 06:32 PM

nice one Mark, glad to hear it's finally over...enjoy the extended holiday :)

rb5 286 05 June 2010 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by ABW (Post 9432900)
did they pay for the hire car :thumb:

no mate

they said that it was my fault that the delay was so long because I wanted to retain the personal reg.

the truth was that the company dealing with the accident instructed the dvla that the car was written off before it was even checked by a surveyor so the dvla would release a log book on a written off car!!!

53 05 June 2010 08:12 PM

Toss monkeys ! Glad it's sorted Mark, you can buy yourself a classic scoob with your winnings, bin that bloody hatch;):thumb:

V4JDMSTi 06 June 2010 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57 (Post 9433136)
is his still going on also. remember the day. ;)

Yup. Lorry driver gave dodgy detail. Think heveas finally traced via number plates and then insurace details from that.

Not sure where he was going ;)