ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/news-and-announcements-408/)
-   -   [Announcement] Some Staff & Forum Changes... (https://www.scoobynet.com/news-and-announcements-408/811557-announcement-some-staff-and-forum-changes.html)

Evolution Stu 22 January 2010 01:34 PM

[Announcement] Some Staff & Forum Changes...

Hello Everyone,
As Scoobynet starts to grow again I have decided to promote one or maybe two of the moderators to assistant administrator to ensure that the web team and members all have an administrators decision available more regularly and reliably than has been the case of late.

This means that the web team now have an alternative to myself when it comes to making the final decision about bans, moderation decisions and forum upgrades etc. These admins will also have the ability to do most of the normal admin abilities such as changing user groups and user profiles, registered e-mail addresses etc, so any name or password changes etc can be done by these new admins.

The new admin will also be introduced to IB web team and have the ability to enter the fault report system server and log and chase fault and upgrade fault reports for the forum, thus expediating any work that needs doing on the forum which will be handy on here as the software is still flawed.

Finally, I want to make some serious efforts to improve this place a little more now I have had a year to settle in and for that I need someone to be able to bounce ideas off that is able to stand back and look at it almost as an outsider and be up front enough to say "Stu, thats rubbish and unfair mate, you cant do that" or occasionally "What a top idea, lets do it" and they will also be able to suggest ideas to me and IB directly and have them acted upon if suitable.

A few mods made it clear they don't have the time or inclination to take on this role due to the extra time it will take up and also of course the extra personal flak the role will come with and that is fully understood and their honesty applauded.

This has been a very hard decision for me as the web team here is excellent and I really appreciate all the work every one of them does, so I have had to make the decision of whom to choose based on my experience of their level headedness in past moderation tasks and overall behavior and interaction with the community during their membership not to mention my ability to interact with them on a personal level as there will be a lot of forum related matters to discuss in the future. With this in mind, I have come to a final decision on the first (And still perhaps only) Assistant Administrator for this forum, and that member is Sal, ScoobyChick.

Sal's name will now show in red and you can direct pretty much any admin related question to her and she can deal with it without having to run it by me if she needs / wishes to. I hope you will all support Sal in her role as you have done me so well for all these years.

Moving Forward, the webteam will be actively discussing various ways to improve the forum and try hard to make this the best Subaru forum in the world again as opposed to maybe just one of the biggest and busiest. We can all do it together and we will change what needs to be changed over the coming weeks. Thanks for your time and support. With your help we can make this place even more amazing than it already is. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...s/smile011.gif

Will 25 January 2010 10:23 AM

Nice on e Sal :thumb:

Tam the bam 26 January 2010 12:18 AM

Time for me to hang up my keys and log out for good then! I'd rather walk away than get infracted in to oblivion, bad move IMHO stu, but it's your baby!

G'night and goodbye folks :cuckoo::shtf:

Jamo 26 January 2010 06:46 AM

I think that sal is a good choice tam I think your over reacting, or do you feel she has a grudge against you? if you do surely you should air your concern to stu directly rather than spitting your dummy out and running away..

Phil 26 January 2010 07:59 AM

Best Wishes Sal

Milamber 26 January 2010 08:34 AM

Good luck Sal :thumb:

Scoobychick 26 January 2010 11:37 AM

Thanks chaps for your support :thumb:

SwissTony 26 January 2010 11:51 AM

Oh I see you have the time to chnage the colour of your username to a pretty red, but not the time to return phonecalls :p

Scoobychick 26 January 2010 12:30 PM

I did, you weren't in and you never phoned me back, I've been too brokenhearted to pick up the phone again... :cry: :D

SwissTony 26 January 2010 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 9182162)
I did, you weren't in and you never phoned me back, I've been too brokenhearted to pick up the phone again... :cry: :D

Yeah yeah , some crappy excuse from a water based traffic womble
*sticks fingers in ears and goes LA LA LA LA *

Stop being broken hearted, use the mobile ya daft canalboating wellie and high viz jacket wearing lubber and call.

oh and BTW, congratulations :D

Lee247 26 January 2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 9182077)
Oh I see you have the time to chnage the colour of your username to a pretty red, but not the time to return phonecalls :p

Yeah, I know the feeling :(

Congrats, hun :luxhello::luxhello:

Jamo 26 January 2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 9182162)

where are the spelling police? you're Banned :D

SunnySideUp 26 January 2010 07:08 PM

Best Wishes :D

chocolate_o_brian 26 January 2010 08:39 PM

Excellent choice Stu. She's a popular character and always fair IMHO :D

Steve_PPP 27 January 2010 08:40 AM

well done Sal, looking forward to seeing the Rallying forum takes its prize place at the top of the list above Scoobynet General :D

Spoon 27 January 2010 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Stu @ Internet Brands (Post 9173458)
so I have had to make the decision of whom to choose based on my experience of their level headedness in past moderation tasks and overall behavior and interaction with the community during their membership not to mention my ability to interact with them on a personal level

:lol1:

Jonnip74 29 January 2010 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 9183990)
well done Sal, looking forward to seeing the Rallying forum takes its prize place at the top of the list above Scoobynet General :D

Here Here Steve!:D:lol1:

Nice one Sal, Congrats!:thumb:

V4JDMSTi 01 February 2010 04:35 PM

Congrats Sal.

Any chance of promoting me to a mod? :lol1:

TonyBurns 02 February 2010 04:58 PM

Sal, as your a lass I think your user name should be in pink :D

Tony:D

MMT WRX 04 February 2010 07:45 PM

Nice one Sal and good luck :thumb:

Excellent choice Stu and shrewd move.

redwards 10 February 2010 12:34 PM

Congrats Sal, I hope we don't drive you mad!!

MrNoisy 17 February 2010 10:19 PM

Good news - congrats, and pleased to hear Stu that the problems are solved with performance mate :)

SwissTony 03 August 2010 11:27 AM

how hard is this stone you speak of :Suspiciou

V4JDMSTi 03 August 2010 11:35 AM

Spamming a mod thread. Love it.

MrNoisy 03 August 2010 11:51 AM

Shame it didn't double post really...

rjwood 04 November 2010 01:58 AM

looking good!