ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Nokia launches free voice guided navigation for all its smartphones. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/811457-nokia-launches-free-voice-guided-navigation-for-all-its-smartphones.html)

Rob_Impreza99 21 January 2010 09:08 PM

Nokia launches free voice guided navigation for all its smartphones.

I have to say its very impressive and free for a lifetime, i downloaded it earlier for my Nokia 5800.

Nokia blesses all its smartphones with free voice-guided navigation - GSMArena.com news

Free Navigation on your Nokia. Forever - Ovi Maps

StickyMicky 21 January 2010 09:16 PM

Nokia's software is usually pish imo

Rob_Impreza99 21 January 2010 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 9172360)
Nokia's software is usually pish imo

This aint, to be honest ive never had a problem with any of Nokia`s software.

LG John 21 January 2010 09:28 PM

Just downloaded onto my N97 mini. Only had it a day, I can never tell when it's connecting to something that's going to cost me a fortune or not! I'll put my trust in you that it's free and break your legs if I have a £100 bill for my first month :D

Rob_Impreza99 21 January 2010 09:35 PM

lol Saxo, read the 2nd link, it will give you piece of mind that its free. I`m like you, i double check things first especially where data is involved over the airwaves as like you say it could be £100 before you know it.

Always download the maps via your pc in the Ovi suite otherwise you could rack up a bill if you download them over the internet via your phone provider.

nardoblue 21 January 2010 09:39 PM

yea it's free, but the data download hits you big time. Bloody payed for 1 months update last night aswell..........£5

Rob_Impreza99 21 January 2010 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by nardoblue (Post 9172433)
yea it's free, but the data download hits you big time. Bloody payed for 1 months update last night aswell..........£5

Data download hits you big ?

Why didn`t you do the update via wifi or via the Ovi Suite with your phone connected to your pc via the USB data cable ? All you do then download your maps via the Ovi suite as well via your pc, once all the software and maps are on your phone its free.

LG John 21 January 2010 09:47 PM

I'm in the house so it should have used the WIFI to download the program and maps. It's pretty far off with my position though but I'm guessing that's because I'm indoors. It's when the little satellite image comes up that I've been worrying. Internet via vodafone live! is capped at £1. God knows what I'll be getting charged to talk to satellites? :D

eggy790 21 January 2010 10:48 PM

anyway to download this from my fone? dont have the cable

cant find it on ovi store when i search

Rob_Impreza99 21 January 2010 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 9172644)
anyway to download this from my fone? dont have the cable

cant find it on ovi store when i search

Connect via wifi and it should be in your application updates (automaticaly) which is in applications on my phone, its a green icon on the 5800 which says app update and you click it then it searches for updates.