ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Could be 15 weeks to an Election ...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/811344-could-be-15-weeks-to-an-election.html)

SunnySideUp 21 January 2010 01:41 PM

Could be 15 weeks to an Election ......

Good grief, that's going to be here faster than you know it ...... I still don't know how I will vote - are you all set in your intentions?

SwissTony 21 January 2010 02:34 PM

bored of it already, but as long as the tossers in charge now are ousted then all good. I know some over tossers will take their place but cant be worse than the current crop

Snazy 21 January 2010 03:41 PM

Simon Cowell gets my vote, and if he aint running for PM then im out.

EddScott 21 January 2010 03:57 PM

Always like to see the plucky underdog do well so probably Lib Dem.

Or UKIP :D

Steve vRS 21 January 2010 04:03 PM

I've got a nasty feeling that the turnout will be so low that Labour will be returned to power.

Steve

alcazar 21 January 2010 04:46 PM

They have so alienated the "youth" of today that I don't know of a single one that will bother voting.

A shame really, since Lying Labour have betrayed this generation.

Leslie 22 January 2010 01:36 PM

Alcazar is right-whatever happens, I just hope this lot are chucked into the wilderness. That has to be a good start.

Les

SunnySideUp 22 January 2010 01:41 PM

And be led by some Eton Boys who don't have a clue?

Hmmmmmm, not sure.

We need a change - but a change could be a hung parliment? Some Lib-Lab Pack? We've been there before of course ....... but give it 12 months and then hold an election again, getting a big Labour majority as the economy will be seen to have been saved.

dpb 22 January 2010 02:25 PM

soul destroyingly boring :sleep:

Leslie 22 January 2010 02:29 PM

In all honesty Pete,neither you, or any of us for that matter, know whether "Dave" and his mates would be the answer to it all.

What I will say though, from what we have seen over the last 13 years and what we know about the ambitions for this country by the plonkers who are in charge at the moment, another government would really have to work at it to do as badly as they have.

Les

hutton_d 22 January 2010 02:37 PM

God! Not another 4 months of Flash in charge? Who'll start a whipround for a hitman????

Dave

Martin2005 22 January 2010 02:45 PM

4 months until all our problems are solved, all that's broken it fixed, all the are sick are healed!!!

Wow there's going to be a lot of disappointed people about.;)

On the turn out issue, I read that a much higher turn out is expected at the election versus 2005 at least. Still Alcazar is nearly always wrong so he's just being consistent I suppose:lol1:

alcazar 22 January 2010 03:37 PM

Nearly always wrong? Well, that's better than Martin2005, who is ALWAYS wrong:D

Have you talked to many of today's youth, Martin? In a deprived area? Do you disagree that they have been betrayed?

Martin2005 22 January 2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9173728)
Nearly always wrong? Well, that's better than Martin2005, who is ALWAYS wrong:D

Have you talked to many of today's youth, Martin? In a deprived area? Do you disagree that they have been betrayed?

Not sure I'd use the word betrayed describe the situation.

I think the left behind would be my choice of words.

alcazar 22 January 2010 05:03 PM

How so?

SunnySideUp 22 January 2010 06:13 PM

You go back to Maggie Thatchers 1981 and ask the young then what they had to look forward to - I can tell you right now that it was a LOT, LOT worse than it is now!

dpb 22 January 2010 06:19 PM

yep, took almost a decade to get over the winter of discontent and all the other horrors administered by caring Labour :(

SunnySideUp 22 January 2010 06:21 PM

Yeah, I remember the 3 day week, power cuts and misery ..... that was the Tories though!

alcazar 22 January 2010 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9174097)
You go back to Maggie Thatchers 1981 and ask the young then what they had to look forward to - I can tell you right now that it was a LOT, LOT worse than it is now!

Now that's either plain silly, or a downright lie, Pete, since the figures I'M working from, of the highest number and percentage of youth unemployed EVER are directly from Lying Labour.

Go figure.

boomer 22 January 2010 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9174125)
Yeah, I remember the 3 day week, power cuts and misery ..... that was the Tories though!

I think that you will find that the true "misery" was in the Winter of Discontent (yes, i was there!), when the dead weren't buried, uncollected refuse piled up on the streets and lorry drivers went on strike (which funnily enough they also did immediately after Bliar came to power!).

I'll let everybody else read the Wiki link above, because you seem allergic to the truth ;)

mb

madscoob 22 January 2010 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Steve vRS (Post 9171491)
I've got a nasty feeling that the turnout will be so low that Labour will be returned to power.

Steve

the passangers will all turn out to vote labour so they can get the free laptop lmfa

madscoob 22 January 2010 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9174097)

of course it was back then they where punished for being little sh1ts now under labour they get a free laptop holiday ps3 . and if they do bother to lock em up its like a hotel.

SunnySideUp 22 January 2010 11:58 PM

Facts:-

This (youth unemployment) is an increase from 201,500 a year ago to 472,000 in June 2009, who are being paid up to £50.95 a week on the dole.

This has not yet reached the levels of Thatcher's Britain in the 1980s, when more than a million young people were on benefits.

In bold for the hard of understanding .........

Yes, you read right, 1 MILLION!!! TWICE what it stands at today!

dpb 23 January 2010 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by boomer (Post 9174641)
I think that you will find that the true "misery" was in the Winter of Discontent (yes, i was there!), when the dead weren't buried, uncollected refuse piled up on the streets and lorry drivers went on strike (which funnily enough they also did immediately after Bliar came to power!).

I'll let everybody else read the Wiki link above, because you seem allergic to the truth ;)

mb

I think its called selective memory / dimensia - however with this one its nothing to do with age !

SunnySideUp 23 January 2010 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9174931)
I think its called selective memory / dimensia - however with this one its nothing to do with age !

:lol:

Don't tell me, you were taught English under the Tories!

OH, yes, for future reference - it's dementia

:thumb::p

fatherpierre 23 January 2010 12:47 AM

Brown and NL's legacy must rate as the worst administration this country has ever suffered.

They've succeeded in presiding over the most affluent time in our history, yet bankrupted us and created a benefit society that the working person now has to carry.

Add to that no future for almost a million young people, and allowing a basic human need (housing) to become out of reach for most then you've got a real **** up and a disgrace of an administration.

dpb 23 January 2010 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp (Post 9174962)

Don't tell me, you were taught English under the Tories!

OH, yes, for future reference - it's dementia

:thumb::p

left skool in '81

About the same time that usless tosser Callaghan was booted out :razz:

Martin2005 23 January 2010 01:13 AM

We did have twice as many recessions under the last Tory government, I'm not sure that makes them twice as good though:lol1:

hutton_d 23 January 2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9174988)
left skool in '81

About the same time that usless tosser Callaghan was booted out :razz:

Ummm. Maggie got elected in 1979 .... Have I missed something or has the 'demensia' set in early .... :Suspiciou

Dave

dpb 23 January 2010 10:01 AM

it was all too late for my edgucasion by that stage :cry: