ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   4.5 ltr whiskey jar (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/811329-4-5-ltr-whiskey-jar.html)

fatscoobfella1 21 January 2010 12:37 PM

4.5 ltr whiskey jar

Anyone ever filled one up with £1 coins ?

How much would one hold ?

EddScott 21 January 2010 12:58 PM

We filled one with loose change - any £1 put in would be robbed so was mostly copper and silver :)

We filled it a couple of times but the base finally gave out and it came off. Didn't smash, just broke off.

Steve vRS 21 January 2010 01:01 PM

We had one for change too. It's base broke off just before Christmas. We asked our Local if we could buy another but the Landlady said they couldn't get them anymore.

Steve

SwissTony 21 January 2010 01:07 PM

is there a prize for guessing how many £1 coins ??? :)

555-Shaggy 21 January 2010 01:38 PM

Never filled one with £1 coins, but have filled one 3 times I think with all loose change and £2 coins (not icluding £1's and 50p's) - averaging just under a grand when it's full to the top of the neck. Not had any trouble with it breaking yet.

On a side note, I did once drop a brand new one full of Martell brandy onto a concrete floor top first.... that taught the boss to make sure he stacked things the right way up :D:D:D

Bealescooby 21 January 2010 01:53 PM

My grandad told me when i was younger that when filled with £ coins it will hold a grand (bag of sand he said )
filled 2 of em now with loose change and just bank it for my daughters

Account deleted by request 21 January 2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Steve vRS (Post 9171155)
We had one for change too. It's base broke off just before Christmas. We asked our Local if we could buy another but the Landlady said they couldn't get them anymore.

Steve

ebay is your friend

4.5 LITRE WHISKY BOTTLE / WHISKEY BOTTLE / MONEY BOX on eBay (end time 10-Feb-10 09:17:59 GMT)

Chop :thumb:

Steve vRS 21 January 2010 02:18 PM

Ta!

M444GY 21 January 2010 04:44 PM

i filled on with copper and 5ps and when it was full we got about £160 quid in all . paid for holiday spending money

cookstar 21 January 2010 04:58 PM

That's got to hold more than a grand if it's just Pound coins, I can quite easily hold £50 worth in one hand, there must be more than 20 times that in those large bottles, I'm gonna guess £1700.

LG John 21 January 2010 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 53765

Took me over 10 years because I dipped into it a fair bit when I was a student, but I ended up with around £350 in here and there was hardly any £1. The damn thing was also filled with hair strands from pretty much every girlfriend I've ever had.....I could clone them all for an orgy :D

Mutley10 28 April 2024 08:53 AM

£1 coins in a 4.5 litre whisky bottle

I filled one up in the early naughties with pound coins and I was amazed when I took it to the bank, there was £2079.00 in total. I lost the original bottle or someone stole it from me. I visited a car boot sale a couple of years ago and there was an even older one there, one that was corked rather than a screw top. I only paid a pound for it, they are going for £15 to £20 on eBay so I'm well pleased with that purchase. I am currently trying to fill it with small change, 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p and 20 pence pieces. I am not putting any pound coins in it as I can't afford to do that now. 50 pence pieces and £2 coins are too big to fit into the bottle.

JdmSti2006 28 April 2024 04:00 PM

Bitcoins investment will give You more profit

BMWhere? 29 April 2024 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006 (Post 12137619)
Bitcoins investment will give You more profit

Or not, market is very volatile for Bitcoin. Not to mention the amount of energy required! The days for big wins on Bitcoin are long gone, The value of the currency combined with the transaction charges make it unviable for small transactions. The dream of it being a serious currency are dead. The only people using it now are speculators and illegal traders on the dark net!

I also used to have a huge Bells whisky bottle I got from my Grandma. Used to keep all my coppers and silver upto 20p. Cash in netted about £500 which was always a nice bonus as a kin. Think it peed off the bank tellers no end, a little kid bringing in a bag full of coppers (had to sort them out and bag them up in advance) for weigh in.

Not sure how well it would work these days, I barely ever pay with cash anymore!