ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The Division Bell (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/810988-the-division-bell.html)

bigsinky 19 January 2010 02:21 PM

The Division Bell

Listened to this again last night after hoaking for an old LP. Feck me i forgot how good it was. dark side, wish you where here and the division bell. belting mong out music (not that i do the stuff anymore) ahhh the memories.

discuss

f1_fan 19 January 2010 02:42 PM

Got to agree. Love Division Bell, The Wall and Dark Side - most bands would be lucky to make one abum as good as any of those let alone 3.

Will always remember them at Live Aid a couple of years ago when they stole the show despite having not played together for years - amazing musicians.

what would scooby do 19 January 2010 02:43 PM

:thumb:

p.s. Don't forget Animals and also Roger Waters - Amused to Death

bigsinky 19 January 2010 03:03 PM

are we all of a similar age - 40 ish?

what would scooby do 19 January 2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 9167172)
are we all of a similar age - 40 ish?

:Suspiciou

Maybe

oldsplice 19 January 2010 03:21 PM

God, I luuurve Floyd! :luvlove:

Never, ever tire of them. I can still remember the day I bought 'Dark Side', taking it home and sticking the poster on my bedroom wall *sigh*.

As for Dave Gilmour. One day, I'm going to 'ave 'im! :norty: :lol1:

bigsinky 19 January 2010 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 9167181)
:Suspiciou

Maybe

hmmmmm................ thought so.

splicer he is getting on a bit now. grab a granda or what. what is it about musicians that girls find so sexy?

ScoobyWon't 19 January 2010 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by bigsinky

splicer he is getting on a bit now. grab a granda or what. what is it about musicians that girls find so sexy?

It's not because he's a musician, she just wants a bit of anything from anyone. You're not fussy are you, old girl. :p

Brilliant album, nevertheless.

oldsplice 19 January 2010 03:48 PM

Oi, you cheeky buggers! You're talking about the man I love! :lol1:

f1_fan 19 January 2010 03:49 PM

40-ish? Me? Er.... yes !

GC8 19 January 2010 03:51 PM

Leave it where it was man!

oldsplice 19 January 2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9167244)
40-ish? Me? Er.... yes !

Oooh, you'll get spots on your tongue for telling lies! :p

And Gilmour's two years younger than Mr OS..........Bonus! :thumb: :lol1:

f1_fan 19 January 2010 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 9167260)
Oooh, you'll get spots on your tongue for telling lies! :p

And Gilmour's two years younger than Mr OS..........Bonus! :thumb: :lol1:

Oh is that what they are? :D You're right - I am actually in my mid twenties and look like a cross between George Clooney and David Beckham ;) Why I said I was in my forties I just do not know ;)

oldsplice 19 January 2010 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9167274)
Oh is that what they are? :D You're right - I am actually in my mid twenties and look like a cross between George Clooney and David Beckham ;) Why I said I was in my forties I just do not know ;)

I love George Clooney as well! :luvlove:

Who to choose........who to choose.........

Actually, if I recall correctly, you're a fellow Peter Gabriel fan as well. I think I luff you, F1! ;)

ScoobyWon't 19 January 2010 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 9167278)

Actually, if I recall correctly, you're a fellow Peter Gabriel fan as well. I think I luff you, F1! ;)

What did I tell you! She wants a bit of everyone :lol1:

oldsplice 19 January 2010 04:34 PM

Nothing wrong with keeping your options open! :thumb: :D

f1_fan 19 January 2010 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 9167278)

LOL :D

You do indeed recall correctly. That is a good memory you have there. Yes, Peter Gabriel, like Pink Floyd, is a fantastic musician and songwriter and I have been lucky enough to see him play live many times now.

One of the best live performers around. Touring a bit this year with his acoustic set too. :thumb:

what would scooby do 19 January 2010 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 9167340)
Nothing wrong with keeping your options open! :thumb: :D

options

legs

:lol1:

oldsplice 19 January 2010 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 9167354)
options

legs

:lol1:

I just knew one of you would do that! :lol1:

F1.........yeah, not a bad memory for my age! ;) :freak3:

Jamie 19 January 2010 04:53 PM

Haha 35 i think. plus my parents do not even know when i was born and my birth certificate is wrong but pink floyd woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo :)

I was going to say that but he beat me to it :)

mystery_machine 19 January 2010 04:59 PM

best band ever!! Oh and I went to the Division Bell (PULSE)tour at Earls Court in '94 was the most awesome thing to be a part of :)

Myles 19 January 2010 05:23 PM

Great album, great band. Listen to Amused to Death by Roger Waters to see what was happening on the dark side of Pink Floyd around the same time. Awesome turned up loud to hear all the little oddities. Fandango!
Edited to add: I have a bit of Floyd on vinyl, but trying to get hold of Division Bell on the same format is painful to my wallet!

what would scooby do 19 January 2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by mylesthegreat(not!) (Post 9167457)
Great album, great band. Listen to Amused to Death by Roger Waters to see what was happening on the dark side of Pink Floyd around the same time. Awesome turned up loud to hear all the little oddities. Fandango!
Edited to add: I have a bit of Floyd on vinyl, but trying to get hold of Division Bell on the same format is painful to my wallet!

Also the multi channel Alan Parsons version of dark side of the moon is interesting :thumb:

Myles 19 January 2010 05:50 PM

So is Dub Side of the Moon by Easy Star All-Stars.

Sosbanite 19 January 2010 05:54 PM

I had a read of this earlier and promptly called up Division Bell from the music library - had forgotten how good an album it is :thumb:

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9167350)
LOL :D

You do indeed recall correctly. That is a good memory you have there. Yes, Peter Gabriel, like Pink Floyd, is a fantastic musician and songwriter and I have been lucky enough to see him play live many times now.

One of the best live performers around. Touring a bit this year with his acoustic set too. :thumb:

I had the good fortune to be a camera tech on his secret world tour out in Modena years ago.
He's an excellent performer and a real gent :notworthy

Brun 19 January 2010 06:03 PM

Guess i'm old before my years. 32 going on 40 it seems.
The Wall is probably my most played album in the car. I have the Live at Earls Court 1981 version which is stunning. Wish you were here - Sweet. Like the division Bell but miss the ingredients that Roger adds.
Amused to Death. Still to this day haven't fully understood the journey through the album, but every time i play it, i pick up on sommat new :thumb:

f1_fan 19 January 2010 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sosbanite (Post 9167525)
I had the good fortune to be a camera tech on his secret world tour out in Modena years ago.

That was a great tour and the Secret World DVD is one of my favourite concert DVDs in part, it would seem, to you so nice one :thumb:

Glad to hear once again that Gabriel is a genuine guy - he always comes across that way in interviews, but nice to know that behind the scenes he is the same.

my06 ppp silver 19 January 2010 06:22 PM

seen roger waters twice in recent years. fantastic. visually spellbinding.

oldsplice 19 January 2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sosbanite (Post 9167525)
I had a read of this earlier and promptly called up Division Bell from the music library - had forgotten how good an album it is :thumb:

I love his voice. I've got his first two solo albums on vinyl. And the early Genesis albums.

Sosbanite...........did you know Hugh Padgham?

daddyscoob 19 January 2010 09:50 PM

I'm 40 ish well ish (47) and yep Floyd are THE GREATEST. Groundbreaking in their early years with Syd Barrett writing. Went on to produce some stunning albums.
Seen the Wall Tour at Earls Court - Dave Gilmore's solo in Comfortbly Numb standing on top of the Wall playing a black strat :notworthy

Seen and met Roger Walters on the Hitch hickers tour - also fantastic.

Richard Wright RIP :cry: Floyd can never play together again.:mad: