ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Buying My First Impreza This Week (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/810759-buying-my-first-impreza-this-week.html)

magneel1 17 January 2010 11:41 PM

Buying My First Impreza This Week

Hey

Im only 19 & have always loved Scoobys for years, driven a few, borrowed my cousins for the weekend etc.

Picking the one im buying this week thursday.
Looking for opinions on this.

Its a 2000 Classic with the following specs:

EXTERIOR
V5 STI WRC STYLE SPOILER
P1 SPLITTER
COLOUR CODED SPATS AND SIDE SKIRTS
CLEAR LENSE PACK ( INDICATORS-SIDE AND FRONT )
STI REAR LIGHTS
P1 FOG LIGHTS WITH SURROUNDS AND 10K HIDS
HEADLIGHTS CLEAR LENSES WITH 10K HIDS
WINDOWS ARE TINTED LIGHT SMOKE
KEI FORCE 10 ALLOYS WITH TOYO T1-R TYRES

INTERIOR
STI 8 SEATS BLUE ALACANTARA SUEDE WITH RED STI LOGO
MOMO SMALL STEERING WHEEL 300MM
GEARKNOB AND SURROUND MOMO/RICHBROOK
CUSTOMISED DASH BLUE LIGHTING WITH RED NEEDLES
SAGA GAUGES OIL TEMP,PRESSURE AND BOOST
HEADUNIT ALPINE MP3 WITH S TYPE ALPINE SPEAKERS ALSO ON REAR SHELF

EXHAUST
MADE BY IAN AT HAYWARD & SCOTT
DOUBLE EXIT ( ONE EITHER SIDE OF NUMBER PLATE)

ALSO 4"JAP ANGLED EXIT WHICH IS ON THE CAR NOW

3" DOWNPIPE BELL MOUTH

3" MIDSECTION BOT DECATTED BUT PASSES MOT

BRAKES

6 pot 330mm Kit with Ksport Ferodo race pads
8 Pot 356mm kit with Ksport Ferodo race pads

SUSPENSION
BC INVERTED COILOVERS 42MM CENTRE STRUTS

ENGINE
EJ257 STI 2.5 BOTTOM END
V4 STI HEADS
STI 8 RUNNING GEAR
ACL RACE BEARINGS
FORGED PISTONS
550CC INJECTORS
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR -AEROMOTIVE WITH GAUGE
WALBRO FUEL PUMP 255L
APEXI POWER FC AND COMMANDER ECU
APEXI AVIC-R BOOST CONTROLLER
APEXI TURBO TIMER
EXEDY UPRATED CLUTCH
LIGHTENED AND BALANCED FLYWHEEL BOTH SUPPLIED FROM DAVID AT API SUBARU
K&N INDUCTION KIT
MILSPORT HARDPIPE INDUCTION
MILSPORT SLAM PANEL

Ill post images soon...

Neel

TonyBurns 17 January 2010 11:45 PM

Looks a nice spec, hate to see how much your insurance is though :lol1:

Tony:)

JUAREZ 17 January 2010 11:54 PM

I had a job getting reasonable insurance..clean records etc and I'm 45

L.J.F 17 January 2010 11:54 PM

6 pot & 8 pot brakes?? decatted but passes mot?? i also doubt that you will get insured!

gordy07 17 January 2010 11:55 PM

I wouldnt like your insurance mate must be about the same as the cars worth!

magneel1 17 January 2010 11:56 PM

I have a policy where i can drive any other car 3rd party.
Im forced to do that.

Yeah 8 Pot Front
6 Pot Rear

K Sports

Neel

taylormade89 17 January 2010 11:59 PM

that car will need to be insured by some one eles before you can do that

magneel1 18 January 2010 12:00 AM

Yeah Doing That Under Parents Name So Cars Insured.

taylormade89 18 January 2010 12:02 AM

how much are you getting it for?
your brave driving it 3rd party

magneel1 18 January 2010 12:04 AM

Had a e46 convertible before this.
Insured 3rd party too.
About £700.

Thanks

TonyBurns 18 January 2010 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by magneel1 (Post 9164238)
Yeah Doing That Under Parents Name So Cars Insured.

Hmmm its quite illegal to do this, if its your car then you have to insure it, you cannot have another person insured on that car and you as a 3rd party, apart from not being insured (and the points plus big fine that goes with it), they closed that loop over 10 years ago.
I would either look at a different car or try to find an insurer for you on it (not very likely with the mods tbh) as they will catch you, police love pulling over young drivers in high performance cars.

Tony:)

magneel1 18 January 2010 12:22 AM

The car will be owned by my parents.
All documentation in their name.
The car will be theirs insured by them.

Neel

daveturbo 18 January 2010 12:27 AM

im 28 , was allowed to tally up 26 points on full uk license b4 recieving a 10 month ban, started again with clean license and currently have 3 points, wrx gc8 on k. £340 a year fully c

esure

dave

daveturbo 18 January 2010 12:28 AM

my rec wud be

esure
h.i.c
direct line

dave

daveturbo 18 January 2010 12:30 AM

log book in dads name. get him insure it and u pay his premium.

his car logbook in your name,u insure it, he pays premium

jobs a good n.

dave

just123 18 January 2010 11:44 AM

Make sure you list all mods through ur parents policy as well, Police up my way pulled a load of high performance cars including me noted all mods and phoned insurance company to see if i was properly insured, my mate had his car siezed by police cos he had an induction kit he had'nt told insurance about police officer noted it and informed insurance so invalid cover

trackcar 18 January 2010 01:03 PM

19 year old+subaru+power mods= disaster.

these cars are going so cheap nowadays that they are getting into the wrong hands. a standard subaru impreza turbo with a 19 year old driver is too fast tbh, yes we all want big cars and want to impress, but if you havent had the driving experience then that is when pilot error occures, and bang goes your beloved impreza.

im in no way slating you as a person or your personal driving tecniques, but ive seen many a subaru get smashed up by young folk.

magneel1 19 January 2010 11:49 PM

Yeah i understand what you mean.
Its powerful.

Had a twin turbo legacy before 300bhp and
driven a few imprezas.

rookymatt 20 January 2010 12:03 AM

Hey neel, good luck with the car. But for the love of god be careful with the insurance, if your insurance find out you are the main driver of the car i.e you are always driving it and he has moved it out of the garage once to get his car in!! (even if your dad is the policy holder and your named) they will scrap your insurance and possibly land your old man in the proverbial. They can do this as they will argue that you have obtained an insurance policy under false pretenses. (i.e its the same as not declaring any mods as you are not actually insuring the car with truthful info) a friend of mine got done after a small prang which involved the old bill and ended up voiding his insurance and his mums!!! not good.
But don't lef me p**s in your slippers, hopefully you'll have everything sorted and will be loving subaru ownership...........and your local petrol station!!! haha
Regards
Matt :D

mnem1c 22 January 2010 04:05 AM

Insurance is a bitch, im 28 and been driving 10 years with 8 years no-claims. Because my car is an JDM some insurance companies gave me the middle finger. UK spec is cheaper.

Good luck.

dbay 22 January 2010 05:22 AM

let me know when you breaking it mate :lol1:

only joking bud have fun :thumb:

Dave

rookymatt 22 January 2010 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by mnem1c (Post 9172891)
Insurance is a bitch, im 28 and been driving 10 years with 8 years no-claims. Because my car is an JDM some insurance companies gave me the middle finger. UK spec is cheaper.

Good luck.

If you don't mind me asking, what you paying for yours nmem1c??

rifleman 22 January 2010 11:24 AM

me and the mrs pay £265 fully comp through marks & spencers with legal cover etc...
i have 2 year ban that comes off my license 27th feb and she has 9 years no-claims.car in her name with me 2nd driver.im 37 shes 38.
car in her name as when i said was in armed forces most insurers refused to quote.

mnem1c 22 January 2010 12:28 PM

Im paying £950 Fully comp/with mods through Elephant.com

rookymatt 22 January 2010 12:33 PM

Thats not bad!! I'm 27, with a uk spec wrx bug eye (with clifford and a tracker) with 6 years no claims. To insure my missus and me costs us £1700.00 fully comp' through Elephant!!!!!!!!!!!

mnem1c 22 January 2010 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by rookymatt (Post 9173320)
Thats not bad!! I'm 27, with a uk spec wrx bug eye (with clifford and a tracker) with 6 years no claims. To insure my missus and me costs us £1700.00 fully comp' through Elephant!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this your first year with ur scoob? It'll drop the longer you have it. Also depends on your area, if you keep it locked away in a garage. I was going to move in with my missis and it was a different area of birmingham and my insurance would of been £300 more. So i didnt move lol.

Insurance companies take stupid things into consideration, job,...colour of your pants when you drive the car...alsorts

rookymatt 22 January 2010 03:21 PM

Yeah, first year. But i have owned plenty of BMWs and quick hatches before them. Such a neccasary evil- i hate giving them my hard earned! Quick tip, if you insure yourself on your missus car and her onto yours it generally lowers both premiums.... don't ask me how, i did it and got 100 off of hers and 300 off of mine!!!

mnem1c 22 January 2010 05:14 PM

Yeah thats true, its because your not classed as a single male, which they think your more likely to show off, to the ladies, drivin fast while doin a headstand on ur roof....lol...yeah that kind of thing :lol1:

nick172sport 22 January 2010 09:58 PM

postcode simples i live outskirts of manchester im 44 wrx bugeye 570 fully comp friend off mine had a quote 28 never claimed full bonus 6500k for a bugeye sti yet if you move to cheshire mine would be 200 quid not right