ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Facebook Question (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/810111-facebook-question.html)

Jimpreza 14 January 2010 01:53 PM

Facebook Question

I know it's sad but I often look at my daughters status on FB to see what she's up to. I've noticed she has just installed something that lets her know who keeps looking at her profile. Does this mean if I keep looking at her profile she'll be able to tell I am or is it only if I add the application also?

Jamie 14 January 2010 02:00 PM

Never heard of that before!
The message you refer to is quite a famous scam that thousands have fallen for. Basically, you send out the message to all of your friends,Infact no app does that apart from "who's on-line now" works but will not tell you who is looking at the profile.

Snazy 14 January 2010 02:00 PM

Its probably another one of those spoof applications that does nothing but harvest information. A bit like the "dislike" button etc.

if it does work, I would assume it would be based on ANYONE looking.

chris270181 14 January 2010 02:01 PM

As far as i know them applications dont work. Theyre there to put wind up people. More as a laugh then anything

Jimpreza 14 January 2010 02:02 PM

So my stalking can continue?

GlesgaKiss 14 January 2010 02:03 PM

Phew... my Facebook perving can continue to go unnoticed!

Scoobydiid 14 January 2010 02:03 PM

My daughter has been campaigning for me to let her have it, we have said not until she is 13 (the rules) even so I have told her that I will be monitoring her to make sure she doesn't do anything she shouldn't, Knowing that I was keeping an eye on her would hopefully ensure that she is sensible about it, having seen some of the stuff other youngsters put up!!

GlesgaKiss 14 January 2010 02:03 PM

Beat me to it Jim! Lol

subaruturbo_18 14 January 2010 02:23 PM

A girl i know whos a year younger than me, had lots of pics on her bebo page (like facebook but a little bit older) and these pics were of her in her underwear etcetc, she was only 16/17 at the time. When her parents finally understood how to work bebo they were horrified. I found this hilarious.

LG John 14 January 2010 02:28 PM

name subaruturbo18? :D

Wish 14 January 2010 03:34 PM

My son has asked and we have said no... he's 8
most of his school friends are on there, i cant believe some parents these days

M444GY 14 January 2010 04:12 PM

comence perversion :D

Simon C 14 January 2010 04:16 PM

I can't believe some people and face book.

A girl I know who is currently failing her degree course put status updates on every 5 mins. All of them saying shes drunk, hungover etc etc, you get the picture.

Anyway, 1 of her friends is her mother, and wonders why she had her ass chewed off at christmas for her lack of attendance, performance etc etc.

How stupid are some people.

Jamie 14 January 2010 05:45 PM

Facebook Fail Blog - Raw Chicken Fail