ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   How long between surgery and snowboarding? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/810075-how-long-between-surgery-and-snowboarding.html)

Snazy 14 January 2010 11:12 AM

How long between surgery and snowboarding?

Just gauging opinion on the matter, maybe on the chance of finding someone with experience of similar.

Without going into too much detail (dont panic Alan lol)
How long would you say it would take to be comfortable snowboarding after having "soft tissue surgery" on the groin area?

I have an operation scheduled for Monday, and an flying to Arinsal on the 7th Feb.
Personally, based on previous healing from op's I think 3 weeks will be ok to get to a point of comfort to be able to snowboard etc. My boarding pants are nice and baggy anyway, so nothing being squished.

Anyone else had an op of any kind "downstairs" and how long did it take for comfort and normality to return.
PS, its not the "snip" or "knot", so not sure that would be an accurate comparison.

GlesgaKiss 14 January 2010 11:16 AM

You're assuming the op doesn't go horribly wrong? Which is often the case when it comes to that area. Don't want to worry you, but things often go wrong... surgical tools slip... things get torn, etc.

Snazy 14 January 2010 11:19 AM

Aaaah this is true, but if that happens I will be thinking more about survival than snowboarding lol.
I love the use of the word "often" haha.
Dont you think I have done my research.

0.05% for complications
0.01% for bleeding issues

1:200,000 results in death lol

BOB.T 14 January 2010 11:23 AM

My mate need surgery halfway through his first snowboard run, HTH :D

Snazy 14 January 2010 11:29 AM

lol would not suprise me if I do too. I have not been for 2 years, apart from in the park last week lol.
All new gear too, asking for trouble. haha

Back to the main thing, im sure I will be ok, dont take long for skin to heal really, not usually anyway lol

SJ_Skyline 14 January 2010 11:30 AM

You on a snowboard? Are you trying to break your neck? :lol1:;)

Jay m A 14 January 2010 11:32 AM

Ask your surgeon, 3 weeks doesn't sound long TBH

Ant 14 January 2010 12:04 PM

He'll possibly just break his spazy wrist again :D

Snazy 14 January 2010 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 9156750)
You on a snowboard? Are you trying to break your neck? :lol1:;)

I usually stay upright quite well, as long as im not acting the cnut!

Originally Posted by Jay m A (Post 9156753)
Ask your surgeon, 3 weeks doesn't sound long TBH

Well after 2 weeks I was considered ok to start getting back to work following my hand op, that was skin and tendons. Im hoping it should all be ok. The guideline is 1-2 weeks off work.

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9156810)
Proberbly break his spazy wrist again :D

lol never been anything wrong with my wrists... Apart from breaking them as a kid, numerous times lol

Jamie 14 January 2010 12:29 PM

Why are you having a c0ck extension snazy? i thought the one on your head was big enough:lol1:

Snazy 14 January 2010 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 9156849)
Why are you having a c0ck extension snazy? i thought the one on your head was big enough:lol1:

Reduction actually. I am applying the "anymore than a handful is a waste" to my knob, not just womens tits! :thumb:

Jamie 14 January 2010 01:29 PM

So please do tell what have you had done/getting done?

Snazy 14 January 2010 01:34 PM

Oh no, im a very shy inwards sort of person, who never discusses his personal life on the internet lol.

In short, an operation on my penis ;) Enough detail ? lol

Jamie 14 January 2010 01:53 PM

Did you trap it in a zip?

Is it for medical reasons ?

Can you not find it ?

Are you that chap that stuck his pekker in a steel tube and had to get cut free from the firemen :idea:

:Suspiciou

Snazy 14 January 2010 02:11 PM

Yes its for medical reasons. No I didnt trap it in anything apart from between closing flaps ! lol

lol @ bangin a steel tube !

hutton_d 14 January 2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9157003)

In short, an operation on my penis ;) Enough detail ? lol

I'm sure you're other half was quite happy with its size as it was .... :thumb:

As for surgery, I had a big car accident on Xmas eve (years ago) which, amongst other things, meant I had a pin in my broken femur. Was skiing in the April and had only been once before. Ask your doc - but I'm glad I didn't at the time as you aren't meant to do things that may break the same leg again. The pin 'bends' and it's a little tricky to put things back together again then .... :eek:

Dave

Jamie 14 January 2010 02:16 PM

Admit it snazy it was you

Man's penis removed from pipe - Telegraph

Hope the op goes swell ;)

Snazy 14 January 2010 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 9157083)
I'm sure you're other half was quite happy with its size as it was .... :thumb:

As for surgery, I had a big car accident on Xmas eve (years ago) which, amongst other things, meant I had a pin in my broken femur. Was skiing in the April and had only been once before. Ask your doc - but I'm glad I didn't at the time as you aren't meant to do things that may break the same leg again. The pin 'bends' and it's a little tricky to put things back together again then .... :eek:

Dave

Sounds like a good recovery there mate.
My last op, trigger finger was done on 2 fingers, at the top of the palm, 2 incisions, both tunnels that the tendons to the fingers run through were opened up, and then the incisions closed up. 2 weeks later I was ok, and back at the gym by the end of the 3rd week.
In my mind the wound on the hard I would have thought would have been far more traumatic than on my pee pee lol. I can hope anyway.

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 9157086)
Admit it snazy it was you

Man's penis removed from pipe - Telegraph

Hope the op goes swell ;)

lol cheers mate.
Haha that story is SO wrong !