ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   got nicked for my number plate (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/809135-got-nicked-for-my-number-plate.html)

jon700 09 January 2010 11:29 AM

got nicked for my number plate

Well 8am new years eve got pulled by an unmarked volvo for my front number plate so another £60 fine oh happy days. so i suppose i will have to put a proper size one on. any ideas on where i could put it as if i put it on the normal place it looks like a fooking snow plough!!! did think of getting a lower mesh grill and place it to one side but if anyone else has any better ideas then please step forward! thanks

WRX_Dazza 09 January 2010 11:33 AM

its amazing how number plates can "fall off " or get stolen without realising ;)

id have thought less chance of getting a fine for a missing one, than an undersized one.

just my take on things

[disclaimer: the poster assumes no responsiblility in the event of OP getting banged up and doing a stretch at her majesties pleasure]

Tiny 09 January 2010 11:40 AM

Get mark to do you a stick on vinyl one & put it on the bonnet :thumb:

Terminator X 09 January 2010 11:45 AM

You'd have thought they have better things to do :mad: Considering just letting mine fall off & plead ignorance if I ever get pulled ... helps with SPECS cameras too :)

TX.

53 09 January 2010 11:57 AM

What car is it Classic with FMIC, New Age ?

scoobymad555 09 January 2010 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tiny (Post 9145621)
Get mark to do you a stick on vinyl one & put it on the bonnet :thumb:

you get done for those too now - I had a tug a while back for mine being like that and had to go back to a normal plate :mad:

coppers argument was : non-reflective, fuzz-cams can't read it because of the angle of it and, the usual tosh about not being in the manufacturers original location. Blagged my way out of it at the time but still ended up getting a normal plate to avoid the hassle again.

jon700 09 January 2010 03:41 PM

its a hawkeye sti

Tiny 09 January 2010 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by scoobymad555 (Post 9145676)
you get done for those too now - I had a tug a while back for mine being like that and had to go back to a normal plate :mad:

coppers argument was : non-reflective, fuzz-cams can't read it because of the angle of it and, the usual tosh about not being in the manufacturers original location. Blagged my way out of it at the time but still ended up getting a normal plate to avoid the hassle again.

Ah mine are slightly different , standard text , standard size on reflective vinyl , never had a tug :thumb:

i think it's just cos Jon 700 look's a little shifty ;)

Adidas 09 January 2010 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tiny (Post 9146277)
Ah mine are slightly different, the car never comes out of the garage , so there's no chance of me being pulled.

i think it's just cos Jon 700 look's a little shifty ;)

EFA

Diesel_DC 09 January 2010 11:11 PM

:lol:

you know it ;)

Adrian F 10 January 2010 12:47 AM

They are only interested in this because of the ANPR's and SPEC's systems struggle with number plates that arent standard, i have often wondered if you covered the front of your car in number plate sized logo's if the SPEC's system would get confused.

pooeater 23 January 2010 05:22 PM

Just got pulled myself for small number plate (£60) and the copper was been a dick also, so il have to run with no plate :razz: