ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone from Hailsham in East Sussex here? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/808624-anyone-from-hailsham-in-east-sussex-here.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 06 January 2010 01:36 PM

Anyone from Hailsham in East Sussex here?

Just want to know what the snow is like there. I have an item sitting in the DHL office there waiting to be delivered and they are claiming the snow is too bad for their drivers which I find a poor excuse for such a major delivery company.

Is it really that bad that you can't drive on the main roads?

dpb 06 January 2010 01:38 PM

3/4 inch in Seaford, 8 ? miles away

carpboy 06 January 2010 01:38 PM

Hi ,im in Eastbourne and its not to bad here, going out to the shops shortly

Rapid17 06 January 2010 03:56 PM

I'm also in Eastbourne and the roads are driveable.

Geoff.

Bravo2zero_sps 06 January 2010 03:59 PM

Cheers fellas. I did question their excuse but nope they're adamant the roads are too snow covered in Hailsham.

LC Geezer 06 January 2010 04:03 PM

I'm in Hailsham. Roads are fine. A little slushy but totally driveable. But where do they need to deliver too?

Markus 06 January 2010 04:06 PM

It would not shock me to discover if it's due to some Health and Safety thing. Some spotty twonk quoting rules and regulations from a clipboard and not allowing the drivers out.

Or they are simply just lazy buggers.

Bravo2zero_sps 06 January 2010 04:18 PM

Markus I think you'll find it's the latter.

Cheers LC, needs to be delivered about 18 miles away to the North but I know for a fact the roads are fine there too.

boxst 06 January 2010 04:31 PM

I would be concerned about the ones inbetween though .... the ones around me (15 miles from Hailsham) are dodgy....

Steve

Bravo2zero_sps 06 January 2010 04:37 PM

Steve they were claiming Heathfield was impassable even if they had got out of Hailsham which the delivery driver would have to go through to deliver where i've asked the item to be delivered to.

I don't believe them as the snow down here is no worse than the other week and no where near as bad as up North yet one of the biggest delivery companies are claiming they can't deliver. Pathetic. More like the drivers are skiving off at home and can't be ar$ed to turn up citing the snows too bad.

LC Geezer 06 January 2010 04:49 PM

Heathfield does tend to cop it bad though. One of the guys who works for me is heading up to Heathfield tonight. I'll try and give you a sit. ref. in the morning.

Bravo2zero_sps 06 January 2010 07:19 PM

Cheers. Typical I lived in Heathfield years ago and never got any snow :lol1:

LC Geezer 07 January 2010 04:32 PM

Roads are now terribly icy around the area. I can't see how (today i.e. after last night's freeze) they could get towards Heathfield now. Hardly any roads have been gritted cos they appear to be running out of grit at the local depot. Sorry for the bad news.

Bravo2zero_sps 07 January 2010 04:37 PM

Cheers for the update. I called DHL this morning and they confirmed they attempted delivery but couldn't get past Heathfield as it was just too icy. I wasn't happy but not a lot I could about it. They said unlikely to be able to deliver until next week now which is just ridiculous.

LC Geezer 07 January 2010 06:42 PM

Given the state of roads in this area after it all froze, I no longer think it's ridiculous. The roads are just sheet ice and no sign of grit. I have a bus stuck outside our house now as it can't get any traction to pull away.