ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone planning a summer holiday yet? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/808275-anyone-planning-a-summer-holiday-yet.html)

Hysteria1983 04 January 2010 03:49 PM

Anyone planning a summer holiday yet?

As chav as it sounds I will probably take the little ones on a sun holiday.... again!
Shoot me now.

I'd rather poke my eyes out with a fork but the children love it, and I manage to scrape by for a few days.
Living in a plastic box for several days isn't much of a holiday for me, but by maximizing my time spent outside, and the small time spent inside drinking beer...... I manage to get by ok.

Also my parents have invited us to Lanzarote but as I have never been, I have no idea what to expect other than people calling it Lanza - groty! :confused:

So has anyone made or started making plans for a summer holiday yet?

mamoon2 04 January 2010 03:52 PM

Cancun! Roll on Easter.

Hysteria1983 04 January 2010 03:57 PM

Cancun.... nice. The grandparents (in law) went there several years ago. I remember being amazed by a video of a mahoosive crab scuttling across the road while they sat and ate an evening meal.

j4ckos mate 04 January 2010 05:10 PM

yup 1 week 5* ai turkey during the school hols, the rooms are quite unusual they are little semi detached villas , on a site, and not a big tower block.

scooby-tc 04 January 2010 05:14 PM

I do the sun holidays most years as its perfect for the kids and i don't think they are chavvy at all afterall a holiday is what you make it.However i am sacrificing the sun holiday this year in favor of 2 weeks in Florida in Sept :thumb: for a mates wedding but also an excuse to take the kids to disneyland

stevebt 04 January 2010 05:24 PM

I'm thinking of heading to either Cuba or Goa??? Unless there is a cracking deal that comes up and I totally change my mind :)

dpb 04 January 2010 05:28 PM

Zambia , March , if shes stumps up the readies

- itll be summer there ;)

Trout 04 January 2010 06:18 PM

Either Bali in April as I may need to go out there for work; or Pollensa in Mallorca in June :D

We usually go in September but the oldest Elf starts school then!

nik52wrx 04 January 2010 06:26 PM

Mine doesn't take much planning, holiday at the parents in Marbella twice a year, bring on the sun :D

Clarebabes 04 January 2010 06:29 PM

I have already "booked" our summer 2010 break at my parent's holiday home in Brittany. Having a whole 2 weeks this time! :D

rifleman 04 January 2010 07:55 PM

i have 6 months of sand,sun and blowing **** up...
afghan here i come.

dpb 04 January 2010 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 9135095)
yup 1 week 5* ai turkey during the school hols, the rooms are quite unusual they are little semi detached villas , on a site, and not a big tower block.

Are you relaunching the christian invasion :lol1:

Hysteria1983 04 January 2010 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by rifleman (Post 9135553)
afghan here i come.

Have you been before? My bro was lucky enough to land himself two trips there!

G00ner 04 January 2010 09:31 PM

afghan here i come.

Good luck mate. :thumb:

mike h 04 January 2010 09:50 PM

We're off to lanzarote this year. My other half does all the planning, all I need to know is where and when the plane leaves.:D
Looking through brochures bores the hell out of me. They all look the same anyway, and when you do get there it's too bloody hot. I hate hot weather and sprawled out on the beach makes no sense to me what so ever, I rent a brolly and hide under it all day.
We'll probably have a sun holiday too, suits me fine.:thumb:

my_first_scooby 04 January 2010 09:55 PM

Not abroad but were off to enjoy the delights of the east coast Great Yarmouth area the kiddies love it there.:luxhello:

But looking to get married in Italy :cool:

Hysteria1983 04 January 2010 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by mike h (Post 9135882)
We're off to lanzarote this year. My other half does all the planning, all I need to know is where and when the plane leaves.:D
Looking through brochures bores the hell out of me. They all look the same anyway, and when you do get there it's too bloody hot. I hate hot weather and sprawled out on the beach makes no sense to me what so ever, I rent a brolly and hide under it all day.
We'll probably have a sun holiday too, suits me fine.:thumb:

Your not my other half in disguise are you? lol

mike h 04 January 2010 10:13 PM

Lol, we should do a wife swap!:norty:

Hysteria1983 04 January 2010 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by mike h (Post 9135959)
Lol, we should do a wife swap!:norty:

That would be interesting.... as long as I could take my car.... or use the one that you have. :)

Jamescsti 05 January 2010 08:37 AM

afghan here i come.

Good luck fella, my sisters otherhalf is off in 2 days for 3 month tour as an RAF engineer.

No holiday for me this year, need to buy a new car for the mrs before hers comes up for MOT as it ain't going to pass again

ScoobyJawa 05 January 2010 09:15 AM

We're booked to Corsica in June :)

Originally Posted by my_first_scooby (Post 9135899)
Not abroad but were off to enjoy the delights of the east coast Great Yarmouth area the kiddies love it there.:luxhello:

Went there to see some friends a few months ago - OMG what a dump of an area - truely awful English seaside destination!! :freak3:

rifleman 05 January 2010 09:43 AM

will be with transport regiment this year as a driver.they are after more rifles lads to drive dropps as we can handle the contacts better.then next year should be going out as part of 3 commando.
mrs not happy but its what im good at.

Steve vRS 05 January 2010 09:49 AM

Good luck!

Where would everyone recommend that is warm, with a beach and not too Benidorm for us (1 wife and 2 small kids).

Steve

WRXBOB 05 January 2010 10:17 AM

Already booked ours too.
Freebie to Barbados in May
Austria in July
Greece in September

If I can fit it in around work, we'll also have a week skiing in Austria sometime in Feb.

mamoon2 05 January 2010 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by WRXBOB (Post 9136432)
Already booked ours too.
Freebie to Barbados in May
Austria in July
Greece in September

If I can fit it in around work, we'll also have a week skiing in Austria sometime in Feb.

You could have a days skiing down my road today for nowt

JackClark 05 January 2010 11:07 AM

South Africa in 2 weeks time, bring on the summer.

Hysteria1983 05 January 2010 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by rifleman (Post 9136382)
will be with transport regiment this year as a driver.they are after more rifles lads to drive dropps as we can handle the contacts better.then next year should be going out as part of 3 commando.
mrs not happy but its what im good at.

My brother was Lance Corporal Evans in 3 Para.

Take care of yourself out there mate.

FlightMan 05 January 2010 11:55 AM

Four weeks in Florida. 12 days Orlando, 16 on the gulf coast.

Bring it on. :)

superstar1 05 January 2010 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9136597)
Four weeks in Florida. 12 days Orlando, 16 on the gulf coast.

Bring it on. :)

Heard anything about Monarch Airlines Flightman?

rifleman 05 January 2010 03:24 PM

thanks for the support guys means a lot when your in the **** miles from home.