ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   'old' mans exhaust query! LOL (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/807513-old-mans-exhaust-query-lol.html)

MaDaSS 31 December 2009 12:28 AM

'old' mans exhaust query! LOL

As i am getting on a bit now (40) i can no longer stand the drone from my exhaust and for some weird reason, i have suddenly developed a conscience and am now thinking about the neighbours when i start my car up in my garage at 5.30am on my early shift! LOL.
to this end i have ordered the Racebox from Scooyworld for them to fit.

I currently have a TSL Thundercat downpipe, decat centre, Ninja 1 BB.

Question:- If i were to also buy a resonated centre pipe to go along with the Racebox, would this restrict the flow too much? Bearing in mind the car is mapped to the current set up.

I feel the Racebox will be enough to quiet it down and stop the cruising drone i currently have, but was maybe gonna go the whole 'stealth' way and go resonated too.

thx for any comments.

dj219957 31 December 2009 09:54 AM

the centre resonator does help alot with the drone. cant say i noticed a major gain in performance when i took mine off.

STI Mav 31 December 2009 10:00 AM

Could also consider a ScoobyWorld Bung for your current exhaust. From what I'm told does a good job of muting the exhaust. Added bonus is it's only £25 !!

Alan Jeffery 31 December 2009 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by MaDaSS (Post 9126449)
As i am getting on a bit now (40)

You deserve a slap Sir...

MaDaSS 31 December 2009 10:35 AM

LOL Alan! I consider myself reprimanded! :)

I cant help it though, i keep thinking about the noise and neighbours! What is wrong with me? I never have before????? I must be coming down with something. I have had the car from new and its been noisy from almost new, and now 6 years later i give a sh1t!!! LOL

trails 31 December 2009 10:54 AM

get a resonated RCM centre section :)

jvivok1985 31 December 2009 11:03 AM

i have the racebox on a other than that straight thru system, is fairly quiet! bit too quiet for my liking now tho lol

JohnD 31 December 2009 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by MaDaSS (Post 9126755)
LOL Alan! I consider myself reprimanded! :)

I cant help it though, i keep thinking about the noise and neighbours! What is wrong with me? I never have before????? I must be coming down with something. I have had the car from new and its been noisy from almost new, and now 6 years later i give a sh1t!!! LOL

Nothing wrong with you, mate. With "maturity" comes a heightened sense of responsibility and common sense. You have finally realised that lots of noise does not necessarily mean lots of power. Well done!:thumb:

JohnD

dunx 01 January 2010 06:15 PM

TSL Group N back box was nice, but I went for an 3" APS de-cat for my 50 th. ( mid-to -late-life-crisis ! )

LOL

dunx

MaDaSS 01 January 2010 09:17 PM

LOL dunx. Nice system though!

VeilsideWRXUK 02 January 2010 05:01 PM

May I suggest a Blitz Nur Spec R and a visit to the doctor.