ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   dawes device (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/807262-dawes-device.html)

batmanwrx 29 December 2009 04:31 PM

dawes device

right here we go

i have had a boost issue for a while now so as a last resort i thought id give a dawes device a go well i fitted the dawes device was working nice set it to 0.8bar and it stays there nice,but today i was out in it and i notice like as if it was either sucking in air or blowing when i put the foot down just as it reaches round about 0.4 bar and above,so took it home to investigate had every thing back off and could not really see anything took it back out and still the same.

was also wondering if i maybe fitted somthing wrong

the car is a 1992 wrx jap import it runs a td05 and has a 3 port bost control solinoid i blanked off top pipe gping to the top of the turbo,the middle one that goes to the actuator,and the bootom one that leads back to the resinator is that right ,steven

batmanwrx 30 December 2009 12:45 AM

some one must have one of these fitted

Mrchips 30 December 2009 10:42 AM

To be honest I wouldn't fit a dawes device. I'd find out what the issuse is.
You might have it the wrong way around.
Or could be actuator problems.

Glowplug 30 December 2009 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mrchips (Post 9124757)
To be honest I wouldn't fit a dawes device. I'd find out what the issuse is.
You might have it the wrong way around.
Or could be actuator problems.

Mrchips; This is a ongoing prob for Batmanwrx and the idea of the DD was initally to determine if the OE BCS was causing his problems;) Just to let you know:thumb:

I assume (though i shouldn't) you have read the fitting instructions on 3barracing site?

So DD is fitted correctly and your holding boost as you say to 0.8, if you are hearing air noise then it must be before the DD.

Have you secured the new hoses at all 4 pionts?

Did you blank the hole on the res box?

edit; Steven, on mine i looped a pipe from the top port of the BCS to the middle port and left the one to the res connected
:thumb:

batmanwrx 30 December 2009 05:15 PM

its all fitted nice and securely iv blocked off the bottom pipe as well on the BCS ill take that out and see if it stops the air noise

yeah i did blank off the res box (black and nasty tape lol) good to see you remember

im going to see about getting it on to a rolling road just to make sure its fueling correct

cheers b13bat

Glowplug 30 December 2009 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by batmanwrx (Post 9125453)
its all fitted nice and securely iv blocked off the bottom pipe as well on the BCS ill take that out and see if it stops the air noise

yeah i did blank off the res box (black and nasty tape lol) good to see you remember

im going to see about getting it on to a rolling road just to make sure its fueling correct

cheers b13bat

Yeah, was sure you had done it proper:thumb:

The guy at the RR should be able to spot any probs:thumb: Again, 'assuming' he knows his stuff;)

batmanwrx 30 December 2009 07:30 PM

in germany its quite difficult to get stuff like that done every where iv seen has only been for 2wd