ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Can someone bring this to the attention of Paul Gidney (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/806510-can-someone-bring-this-to-the-attention-of-paul-gidney.html)

Adidas 23 December 2009 09:48 PM

Can someone bring this to the attention of Paul Gidney

I've just Googled Extreme to see their Christmas opening hours, if you use the 'I'm feeling lucky' button it comes up with this:

Xtreme Scoobies - Tel: 01245 363623

It kind of gives the impression that they've shut up shop, which clearly isn't the case as we all know they're a going concern.

All be it he's shut until the 5th January!! :freak3:

Maybe he should get the page amended

TIA

WRX_Dazza 23 December 2009 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Adidas (Post 9115422)
I've just Googled Extreme to see their Christmas opening hours, if you use the 'I'm feeling lucky' button it comes up with this:

Xtreme Scoobies - Tel: 01245 363623

It kind of gives the impression that they've shut up shop, which clearly isn't the case as we all know they're a going concern.

All be it he's shut until the 5th January!! :freak3:

Maybe he should get the page amended

TIA

Different company mate.... his website is Extreme Scoobies, he has no control over the other website.

i did ask about getting a site redirection, but it never happened. :(

it wont be long before word gets around !!

Adidas 23 December 2009 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 9115443)
Different company mate.... his website is Extreme Scoobies, he has no control over the other website.

i did ask about getting a site redirection, but it never happened. :(

it wont be long before word gets around !!

Cheers Dazza,

Problem is (and I know I'm repeating myself) if you Goggle 'Extreme Scoobies' rather then Xtreme Scoobies it still directs you to the old site rather then the new one (with the questionable Silver Classic at the top ;) ). He has taken the time and trouble to update the old Website with the Christmas opening hours, therefore why hasn't the the Index page been amended or removed :confused:

Believe me, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Just thought that it should be brought to Paul's attention :)

WRX_Dazza 23 December 2009 10:31 PM

thats was between him and Knowlsey mate, as i did the new website, but had no authority over what was already up there.

it will take a while for "extreme scoobies" to propagate the www, without paying an exhorbitant amount to google, but without control of the "other" site, not much can be done to be honest :(

I will speak to him between xmas and new year anyway, to see if anything can be done again !!

thx for bringing it up though mate !

oh, and have a good xmas !

Adidas 23 December 2009 10:34 PM

Ok buddy :thumb:

Merry, merry Christmas to you and yours too :)